PDA

View Full Version : Well done Necrons, I think that you've just won the game!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-19-2012, 02:06 AM
Hello everyone,

So, with the list of shiny new stuff released people have noticed that the two missing special characters are now inbound; Anrakyr the Traveller and Orikan the Diviner.
To my knowledge this COMPLETES the Necron army, they now have no outstanding models, and as a Necron player I am VERY happy.
As an addendum, they are the first army since Codex: Space Marines to have a revamp where more than 5 kits were introduced to the codex, and have released everything within a year of the codex being released.
Not even Dark Eldar have done this!

I am happy with this new trend that Games Workshop have developed, I want this to continue.

Any thoughts?

eldargal
06-19-2012, 02:06 AM
Well technically there are Cryptek variants without models.:p

Edit: How did I manage to read and respond to this in less than a minute after it was posted? I got skills...

Wolfshade
06-19-2012, 02:08 AM
I though necrons just needed a lord with a resorb and then as many warriors as they could fit, or if it were a larger game a monolith. You've had those minatures for years!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-19-2012, 02:13 AM
Well done Trolls! :D
I love every model that the Necrons have, there are none at fault.
EDIT: The Cryptek model is universal across all Harbinger archetypes.

And eldargal, you clearly stalk me like I stalk Wolf.

DrLove42
06-19-2012, 03:27 AM
It annoys the hell out of me that Necrons have got everything and DE are still waiting for most of their IC's

I can udnerstand why though. The DE are unique characters, where as Necrons are just the same robot is different stances...

Psychosplodge
06-19-2012, 03:31 AM
The game?

Wolfshade
06-19-2012, 03:36 AM
I've just lost the game:(

Psychosplodge
06-19-2012, 03:42 AM
:D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-19-2012, 03:49 AM
It annoys the hell out of me that Necrons have got everything and DE are still waiting for most of their IC's

I can udnerstand why though. The DE are unique characters, where as Necrons are just the same robot is different stances...

That's a pretty unfair opinion, of course they look different from each other...

eldargal
06-19-2012, 03:55 AM
It's a fair point though, DE are still missing Malys, Duke, Baron and Kheradruakh (and Drazhar needs a new sculpt) AND have single models available for squads like grotesques, and multiple choice things like khymerae and clawed fiends.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-19-2012, 04:05 AM
Yeah, fair point that Dark Eldar don't get models I wasn't disputing that, my point was it's unfair to say that all Necrons look the same. Mat Ward has made it so that they aren't all the same, if people say that they are then the revamp was massively pointless.

I like the Dark Eldar, and the characters therein, but I'm not Games Workshop and have no power over what they produce.
Feel sorry for the Tyranids before the Dark Eldar.

eldargal
06-19-2012, 04:10 AM
Yes they do look a bit different. Actually Ward has to be commended for actually giving Necrons their own background instead of just taking over some Eldar mythology AND in doing so actually making them interesting.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-19-2012, 04:14 AM
I felt the burn on the previous Necron codex author! Hahahaha!
Yeah, Mat Ward is to be commended for a cracking job on this book. Plus he made Pirate Necrons, which is possibly the coolest thing ever?

Psychosplodge
06-19-2012, 04:20 AM
space tomb kings is their own background? I was told at the original Necron release, back in the day, that the necrons were the first race not to have a warhammer background equivalent...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-19-2012, 04:21 AM
Dude, I called them Tomb Kings in their previous edition, they used Ankhs and Pyramids, they are Egyptian based. Done.

DrLove42
06-19-2012, 04:23 AM
It's a fair point though, DE are still missing Malys, Duke, Baron and Kheradruakh (and Drazhar needs a new sculpt) AND have single models available for squads like grotesques, and multiple choice things like khymerae and clawed fiends.

You missed Vect. And then maybe more than 1 sculpt for a Hemonculus. And a Dias. And conversion bits for Bloodbrides or Trueborn

eldargal
06-19-2012, 04:25 AM
I hated the old Necron background so much.

So, like there are these killer robots like in Terminator but, like, they are actually, like, the Eldar bogeymen. That whole war in heaven was actually with them, like, you know way back in the past and, like, they are totally awesome. They are like the fastest race ever and, like, the most advanced and they are totally soulless and unstoppable but, like follow these technological god guys who, like, totally tricked them into giving up their souls and, like, there are heaps of them everywhere. Like, the only reason they didn't totally beat everyone back inna dawn of time was because, like, they got bored and went to sleep and now they are totally, like, waking up and everyone needs to be real scared.

In summary they are totally, like, (checks cue card) Love Craft Ian robo-dudes who are totally awesome and better than everyone especially Eldar who aren't, like, the best anymore HEAR THAT CECIL YOU ******, TEACH YOU FOR, like, TABLING ME WITH YOUR ******* INVULNERABLE, like, FALCONS AND WAVE SERPENTS. ******

Edit: I knew I missed some, couldn't be bothered checking though, codex is in my gaming boudoir, thanks DrLove.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-19-2012, 04:29 AM
I hated the old Necron background so much.

Totally agree, Necrons are much better now. Who the hell needed Pariahs anyway?
Well.... we might do now, no Psychic Protection... WELP.

DrLove42
06-19-2012, 04:42 AM
Necrons are the Shootiest army in the world...they don't need defense....

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-19-2012, 04:46 AM
Jaws of the World Wolf makes me cry. :(

eldargal
06-19-2012, 04:49 AM
That is why god invented Runes of Warding. Oh wait, Necrons can't take those. Whose more advanced now? :p

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-19-2012, 04:52 AM
Hahaha! :p

Well, the joke's on you, I'm starting an Eldar army! :D

SonicPara
06-19-2012, 04:59 AM
It isn't 40K but GW's WHFB Empire updated earlier this year had a slew of new kits and characters arrive with the new book; all of this resulted in the entire Empire range being complete on release of the new book. From day 1 with the new Empire, every unit and character has a model. I'm not sure if this is a first but it was pretty great.

Wolfshade
06-19-2012, 05:02 AM
That is why god invented Runes of Warding. Oh wait, Necrons can't take those. Whose more advanced now? :p

I want Runes of Matt Warding

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-19-2012, 05:04 AM
I want these!

MaltonNecromancer
06-19-2012, 05:51 AM
Jaws of the World Wolf makes me cry

I thought that was what the Gloom Prism was for? Have your Tomb Spyder within range and on a 4+ that power just fails completely. More Tomb Spyders with Gloom Prisms means more 4+ attempts (unless you're only allowed one attempt to nullify the power, which you don't seem to be).

Or am I reading the rules wrong?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-19-2012, 05:53 AM
Yeah, but that's a costly unit to do.
I'm pretty sure it's per Prism as well.

Demonus
06-19-2012, 08:16 AM

Racist.

:)

Kawauso
06-19-2012, 08:54 AM
Racist.

:)

All Dark Eldar look the same to me. :mad:
And they're good-for-nothing hedonists, too - every one of them!

I thought that was what the Gloom Prism was for?

Yeah, Spyders are our psychic defence now.
Anyone have any experience with their efficacy in this regard? I don't really have a lot of opportunities to play these days :( but I'd like to know how units like that are faring on the table.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-19-2012, 08:57 AM

I feel your pain bro.

MaltonNecromancer
06-19-2012, 10:16 AM
A Gloom Prism is less than 2 boyz, 2 guardsmen, and significantly less than a single Space Marine! Three of them is only just more expensive than a Power Fist. I don't see the high cost, considering it's the army's only psychic defense and it's a pretty awesome one.

Maelstorm
06-19-2012, 02:02 PM
A Gloom Prism is less than 2 boyz, 2 guardsmen, and significantly less than a single Space Marine! Three of them is only just more expensive than a Power Fist. I don't see the high cost, considering it's the army's only psychic defense and it's a pretty awesome one.

However, each prism requires a 50 point base model to carry it, has a 6" range and takes up a Heavy Support Slot...

I'm still in shock and denial that all of the Necron models have been released.

As a "completionist" I'm snapping-up the full FA of each model as it becomes available to avoid future price increases...

Here's to hoping 6th edition can lure me back to the gaming table instead of just the painting bench.

Mr Mystery
06-19-2012, 02:08 PM

Yeah, Spyders are our psychic defence now.
Anyone have any experience with their efficacy in this regard? I don't really have a lot of opportunities to play these days :( but I'd like to know how units like that are faring on the table.

Not too keen on having to depend upon them. To be honest, I prefer my Heavy Slots to be a pair of Annihilation Barges....

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-20-2012, 01:43 AM
So do I, Annihilation Barges are so cool.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-20-2012, 02:00 AM
Don't the new Necrons look boss?!?!? Love Anrakyr and his kilt. xD

Kawauso
06-20-2012, 09:01 AM
They do indeed look sweet.

I think I need to take a breather while I come to terms with the fact that my first, super-outdated army has received an incredible update and a massive new model range, including all codex entries, within -less than a year-.

In some ways it's actually kind of annoying...I can't afford all the stuff I want right now. :P

Mr Mystery
06-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Looks like Captain Completionist is going to need this new job! £300+ extra disposable income a month? I should co-co!

bfmusashi
06-20-2012, 01:01 PM
I kind of want to see a Hedonism Bot Necron Lord now. Also, tiny pirate hats for the pirate Necrons. Makes 'em jaunty.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-21-2012, 01:28 AM
Thazsar the Invincible is the best character ever!

Also, my mate roleplayed hedonism bot in Black Crusade, many lolz were had.