PDA

View Full Version : Teaser 2

The Shadow King
06-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Teaser no 2 for 6th edition is up on the GW site. Now with psykers :)

Kawauso
06-18-2012, 09:28 AM
I really hope 6th doesn't place too big an emphasis on psykers.

Otherwise non-psychic armies are going to feel the hurt. =/

darklament
06-18-2012, 09:38 AM
they need to do something with psyker. I haven't played with a psyker in any of my armies (Blood Angels, Orks) since 2nd Edition. From 3rd Ed on they have felt more like an afterthought.

-Jefferson

MarneusCalgar
06-18-2012, 10:06 AM
I like it, hehe!

Seems this will be PsykerSPAM edition...

DrLove42
06-18-2012, 10:17 AM
OK...well we'll see in a few days

Personally I think its going to be hard to boost pyskers fairly. If they do 2/3 of my army will be screwed (DE and Tau) and the other third will be massivly reliant on a new mechanism i might not like.

It all smacks of someone playing too many Storm of Magic games and deciding to put it into 40k

Wildeybeast
06-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Link here (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=2700146).

OK...well we'll see in a few days

Personally I think its going to be hard to boost pyskers fairly. If they do 2/3 of my army will be screwed (DE and Tau) and the other third will be massivly reliant on a new mechanism i might not like.

It all smacks of someone playing too many Storm of Magic games and deciding to put it into 40k

I'm fairly certain they won't just forget that some races can't use pyskers, that would seem like a massive balance issue too obvious to miss. What will happen is they will get some kind of anti-psyker stuff, like Dwarfs get anti-magic.

eldargal
06-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Nice trailer, short, to the point and vaguely arousing.

It will be interesting to see how they deal with non-psyker armies, Dwarfs at least had some rules for magic resistance, Dark Eldar don't. Assuming they make an effort to compensate non-psyker races we couild be looking at some hefy errata.

Levitas
06-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Right. As a DE player the teaser doesn't thrill me. GWs mind tricks are not working on this one. These are not the rules I was looking for...

Wildeybeast
06-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Nice trailer, short, to the point and vaguely arousing.

It will be interesting to see how they deal with non-psyker armies, Dwarfs at least had some rules for magic resistance, Dark Eldar don't. Assuming they make an effort to compensate non-psyker races we couild be looking at some hefy errata.

I'm hoping for a Ravening Hordes style WD booklet if there are radical changes.

MarneusCalgar
06-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Seems Speesh Mehreens will again have all the odds by their side... librarians, wolf priestes...

eldargal
06-18-2012, 10:40 AM
I actually think psykers need a buff, they are a huge part of the background but almost an afterthought in gameplay terms. Apart from farseers and the odd librarian you just don't see many.

Levitas
06-18-2012, 10:44 AM
I actually think psykers need a buff, they are a huge part of the background but almost an afterthought in gameplay terms. Apart from farseers and the odd librarian you just don't see many.

New Psyhic rules and a new ELdar dex could be an interesting. They could even mix up the existing ELdar dex some. Who knows. 2nd ed with its wacky psychic phase was a blast...sometimes.

Wildcard
06-18-2012, 10:53 AM
Seems Speesh Mehreens will again have all the odds by their side... librarians, wolf priestes...

Those atleast got some usability even now.. What i am waiting for is to see even the slightest reason to take IG Primaris Psyker.

Oh how lovely it would be if a 70point HQ would rain death like squadron of russes >:)

Kawauso
06-18-2012, 11:03 AM

I dunno - how many psyker choices do most armies even have?

I see what you're saying about wanting to see them a bit more, but there just aren't that many psyker choices even available to begin with, really, even for the armies that have them. Except for GK.

eldargal
06-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Well yes, but seven Marine books have librarians (BT don't), Orks get weirdboys, 'nids get zoanthropes, CSM sorcerors, Daemons get something and Eldar have farseers. Only tau and Dark Eldar have none, Necrons have sort-of psykers. 11/14 codices have psykers. You just don't see them bar the odd GK librarian and SW wolf priest. Oh and farseers obviosuly.

Kawauso
06-18-2012, 11:30 AM
I understand that. But for a lot of armies psykers run in the HQ slot, which means there just isn't a lot of room for them to show up for various reasons.

It's rare that an army has access to something like the Psyker Battle Squads the IG can field.

I think it would be hard to boost psykers to the point where you'd see them more without seeing them so much that none of the non-psychic HQs ever make an appearance.

And if psychic powers are boosted to the point where there's a whole phase of the game (like the magic phase in WFB, as some people have put forth), I think that runs the risk of hurting armies that can't participate in that phase at all.

I'm not terribly worried - just a little concerned. I'm pretty confident 6th will turn out alright. :)

eldargal
06-18-2012, 11:31 AM
They don't show up generally because they aren't worth taking.:p That needed to change and it seems it will.

Kawauso
06-18-2012, 11:34 AM
I respectfully disagree on them not being worth taking in the current edition. :P

Looking forward to seeing what changes, at any rate.

Levitas
06-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Will Grey Knights love the new cards?...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yy7PzQ1LFp8/T99xMyRf-pI/AAAAAAAAAsE/LdnO2gh_ku8/s1600/hammerhand_joke.jpg

chipstar1
06-18-2012, 12:51 PM
An aside: SW have Rune Priests. Wolf Priests aren't psykers.

Tyranids also have SitW, which would be great anti-psyker.

dwez
06-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Tyranids also have SitW, which would be great anti-psyker.

I think I've been 'fortunate' to use it about twice in two years. Most of the psychic abilities I've been facing are unleashed and effective well before SitW 12" range becomes an issue. That's just me though but I don't value it even if psykers become super-duper.

oni
06-18-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm sure Space Wolves will love this.

Wolfshade
06-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Yay 2nd ed reloaded

bforber
06-18-2012, 11:07 PM
Trailer didn't do anything for me because I feel like psykers are a pretty big lynchpin in a lot of builds already (razorspam BA, Draigowing, GK in general, TH/SS spam with nullzone, JotWW, Eldar fortune spam, Catalyst nids, etc.) so, meh.

Wolfshade
06-19-2012, 01:54 AM
Trailer didn't do anything for me because I feel like psykers are a pretty big lynchpin in a lot of builds already
You obviously never played 2nd ed, there you almost had to have a psyker to win, and you weren't limited to one or two, but as many as you liked becasue there was no FOC. By modern standards psykers are paltry.

eldargal
06-19-2012, 02:05 AM
Yup, and compare to WFB. The average mage has access to two or three lores each with 7 spells, that makes 21 spells available to each mage. Some mages have access to more lores, liek Empire with 8, that makes for 56 spells. Contrast to the greatest psykers in the galaxy, the Eldar, with all of 9 psychic powers in total.

Wolfshade
06-19-2012, 02:11 AM
Well this was it, 2nd ed they were major game changers unbalanced and over the top, though the random spells made them slightly more agreeable. 3rd came and stripped them right down to the stage when they almost disapeared, 4th they got a bit more of a boost, similiarly in 5th though there are some with quite powerful spells (JotW I'm look at you) so 6th where are you rated?

Demonus
06-19-2012, 09:39 AM
where is the trailer located? Ive surfed the GW site for 10 min and seen nothing.

Blusox69
06-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Long time reader, first time poster.

How early do we normally see the leaked White Dwarf pages? Seemed the ones for flyers were out a week or so prior to the usual Saturday release date.

Wildeybeast
06-19-2012, 09:56 AM
where is the trailer located? Ive surfed the GW site for 10 min and seen nothing.

I linked it on page one, but because I'm nice, here it is again.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=2700146

Eberk
06-19-2012, 09:58 AM
I like Psykers... if they are but one of the ways with which to kill your opponent or disrupt his plans.

I detest Psykers... if an army needs one to win.

I'm curious what 6th edition will be like, really looking forward to it..

Demonus
06-19-2012, 09:59 AM
thank ya kindly. Im having a blonde moment :)

Wildeybeast
06-19-2012, 10:03 AM
No worries, happens to the best of us! I spent half an hour at work yesterday looking round for something that was under a piece of paper on my desk. Sometimes the obvious stuff is the hardest to find.

Rovient
06-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Strange that there's no teaser today. I imagined they'd have one every day up until Saturday.

LordGrise
06-19-2012, 03:41 PM
God, I hope that the answer to the problem of Tau vs psyker isn't Space Marine allies...