PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Forge: Preyton

Brakkart
06-15-2012, 07:53 AM
New release of this rather nice/nasty beastie which we saw pics of from the Forgeworld Open Day a while back. I see they stuck with the Preyton name, rather than use the traditional Peryton name for the critter.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/preyton5.jpg

Foolhardy knights of Bretonnia sometimes mistake the savage and hateful Preyton for the noble Great Stags of their land, and will follow this twisted beast, possessed of a dark cunning, into the very deepest parts of the forest. Only there, where there is little chance of escape, will it finally reveal its deadly form, its savage fangs, leonine paws and monstrous wings, and attack the unsuspecting warrior.

While their appearance is truly vile, it is the legendary malice of the Preyton that makes them particularly dangerous. Corpses mauled beyond recognition and tracts of forest befouled and trampled betray their presence, the savage creature often discarding the torn ruin of their victims to rot, killing out of pure hatred rather than hunger. Little is known of their origins, but dark legend has it that in ages past they were Great Stags who were enslaved and corrupted before sacrifice-strewn herdstones. Now, bereft of their nobility, the Preytons know only an all-encompassing hatred for that which they have lost.

The Preyton is a finely detailed multi-part resin kit designed by Steve Whitehead. Rules to field this savage creature in your games of Warhammer can be found in Monstrous Arcanum, and the kit is available to pre-order now for despatch from Friday 29th June.

£25 each.

Chronowraith
06-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Honestly not a big fan of the sculpt. That being said it would be a hard sell for me anyway as I've always thought of the Peryton as one of the more ridiculous creatures of myth and legend.

wittdooley
06-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Goo..... I swear this thing was better looking in the FW Day Preview....

Dear FW. Please, please, please hire a professional painter to paint your pieces for online show. The crap paintjobs many of these models get really don't help to sell them....

Wildeybeast
06-15-2012, 09:39 AM
How chumpy are Bretonnian knights that they mistake this monstrousity for a stag? There's a reason the Empire is the pre-eminent military force in the Old World...:)

eldargal
06-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Agreed, I saw the painted pictures and thought 'blergh' then promptly forgot all about it. Just looked at the WF website now and checked out the unpainted pictures, it actually looks rather nice.

Goo..... I swear this thing was better looking in the FW Day Preview....

Dear FW. Please, please, please hire a professional painter to paint your pieces for online show. The crap paintjobs many of these models get really don't help to sell them....

Wildey, well Bretonnia is the wine-making capital of the Old World.

Wildeybeast
06-18-2012, 12:35 PM
True enough, must be hard for a nobby knight not to sample all the wine his estate is producing and of course going on stag hunt when you are tanked always seems like a good idea....

Uberbeast
06-18-2012, 06:29 PM
One of their more interesting monsters. Not nearly as cartoony as some they have done, and actually a bit creepy looking.

Wildeybeast
06-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Come on BoLS, you need to sort out all this spam getting onto your site.