PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Black Templar rumors?

StMichael
06-15-2012, 01:32 AM
Back in January there was quite a buzz going around that Templars would be either the last 5th edition codex or one of the first few armies updated after 6th, and that they'd be part of the new starter box with chaos daemons or something. Different sources even confirmed Jess Goodwin had finished a new model line for them and that the codex was going through playtesting. Fast forward 6 months and now they've completely dropped off the radar to make room for Chaos, Eldar and Orkz.

Did we get false leaks? Did GW pull the release for a later date? Were we just getting trolled?

Nicho
06-15-2012, 02:30 AM
The Black templar rumors where a hoax, some guy on warseer came out and admitted to making it up.

StraightSilver
06-15-2012, 02:45 AM
Unfortunately the Black Templars rumours mostly came from Ghost21, there is a whole other issue with that which I won't go into but needless to say that it's reliability is probably questionable.

However it's also quite possible that some time ago somebody saw marines with robes being worked on for the 6th Edition starter set and mistook them for BTs when they were in fact Dark Angels.

I must admit I had shelved my BT army, but if the rumours regarding 6th Edition are true then Black Templars are now fantastic in the new rules, and to be honest I hope they don't get a new Codex any time soon as right now they rock!! :)

StMichael
06-15-2012, 03:37 AM
That's unfortunate to hear. I was hoping to get some diversity of army lists (and perhaps some power lance wielding bike crusaders). Although, free mini lightning claws for the entire army is awfully hard to overlook.

StraightSilver
06-15-2012, 04:33 AM
I have to say that I am very happy with the current range of BT models, fair enough a bit of variety in the Storm Brethren wouldn't go amiss but they're OK.

If the rumoured changes to 6th are true though the new wound allocation (closest to furthest) makes Neophytes useful again, and preferred enemy is also very handy indeed, so I think my current list will do very well in 6th. :)