PDA

View Full Version : A man cave

Pendragon38
06-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Like the top says,
My wife and I just bought a house 2,br 1,ba and a 2 car garage......heres the great thing it comes with a man cave sweet huh so I got a spot for my minis and other hobbies :cool:. so my question is does any on else have something smile.

fuzzbuket
06-15-2012, 12:36 AM
me and my wee brother share a utility room for hobbies.

his half is immaculate with a imac and little else.
my half is a sheer mess, but its my mess :D lol but anyways yes i do, mainly because im not allowed to have my hobby spread into other rooms :/

Deadlift
06-15-2012, 01:07 AM
Like the top says,
My wife and I just bought a house 2,br 1,ba and a 2 car garage......heres the great thing it comes with a man cave sweet huh so I got a spot for my minis and other hobbies :cool:. so my question is does any on else have something smile.

Used to until about 3 years ago, bye bye hobby room. Hello Nursery. My office at work has now become my main area of refuge and painting :D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-15-2012, 01:15 AM

my half is a sheer mess, but its my mess :D lol but anyways yes i do, mainly because im not allowed to have my hobby spread into other rooms :/

I looked at that and went "wait a minute, your little brother is tidier than you?" then realised that wee also means big in Scotland. :D

Psychosplodge
06-15-2012, 01:49 AM

So it's going to fall to you to provide your rents grandkids then...:D

but seriously, I've got all the stuff I need for a "man cave" except an actual room to put it in...

Wolfshade
06-15-2012, 01:54 AM
My hobby room is my 2nd bedroom, double bed tv/dvd player, PC, bookcases, desk for painting and my PC.

One of my friends had an attic conversion and the whole of that is his man den, with a seperate gaming room and everything. Envy!

woodenronin
06-15-2012, 05:54 AM
I have half of the basement. I built an office and a seperate gaming room. Also have an an airsoft armory room. The armory is not complete. Yet. I still need to run electric and line the walls with peg board. Now airsoft season is in, little to no work will be done on it until fall/winter.
When I moved out of the bachelor pad and into my girlfriend's house I lost a lot of space. So I had to make the man cave. The deal was if I refinished the living room I could have half of the basement. So I did.

Tauownz
06-15-2012, 07:40 AM
My basement is my man cave. Behind my sectional I have about a 16x12 area where I have my gaming table setup w/ a little 3-4' counter height table off to the side and stool for hobbying. I go down there most nights after I put my son to bed for about an hour or so. It's kind of my "me" time and an excellent way to wind down after a busy day at work. Congrats on the house!!

Pendragon38
06-15-2012, 10:01 PM
My basement is my man cave. Behind my sectional I have about a 16x12 area where I have my gaming table setup w/ a little 3-4' counter height table off to the side and stool for hobbying. I go down there most nights after I put my son to bed for about an hour or so. It's kind of my "me" time and an excellent way to wind down after a busy day at work. Congrats on the house!!
Thanks, were happy with it. Its old, built in the 40's all Old growth fir threw out the whole house.:cool:

Denzark
06-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Double garage. Is all mine. A 5x9 table tennis table for games, the accumulated junk of 22 years wargaming, and a bar.

Nothing difficult like cars, all I need to do is excise the bikes and running machine...

fuzzbuket
06-16-2012, 08:52 AM
I looked at that and went "wait a minute, your little brother is tidier than you?" then realised that wee also means big in Scotland. :D

nope he is smaller than me (by not much but still!)

and he is tidier.
its not my fault :/ he just has a mac and a few folders, i have paint and glue and stuffs :P

Necron2.0
06-17-2012, 12:55 PM
I have a "study" and a game room in my house. In "my" game room I have a pool table (which has been covered over with blankets for a fort for the past two to three years), and I have a pinball machine ("Pinbot" - which has been covered over with blankets because "robots are too scary"). I should mention, "my" game room also has a princess changing room (with wardrobe), a toddler kitchen set, a toddler drawing table, a toddler train table, multiple arts and crafts supply cabinets, and a toy box.

In my "study" (roughly 144 square feet) every square inch is covered in miniature boxes, mounds of modeling clay, half completed painting projects, model kits (not 40k related) and a couple book shelves occupied with various gaming tomes and rules books. Oh, and there's my computer, a printer, and a path through the crap from the door to each.

Only 12 more years until I get my house back. :)

Cpt Codpiece
06-17-2012, 01:35 PM
I've just moved house, a 3 bed bungalow. one room for me and Mrs, one for the baby and one for my man cave :)

minis and guitar/music stuff (i am a bassist), will be the order of the day once i get it sorted. unfortunatly all my minis are packed away and my table is in bits in the babies room LOL (we only moved a week or so ago LOL)

LordGrise
06-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Only 12 more years until I get my house back. :)

::snarfs diet soda laughing::

Hoss, if that turns out to be the case, more power to you. My kids are out upon the world, and doing well, thank God; Yeah, I got my study back...

and the place is basically a storeroom for all the stuff I bought while I was waiting for it!

::still laughing::

So we're converting the garage. Best of luck tou you, my friend, and remember my poor example!

olberon
06-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Double garage. Is all mine. A 5x9 table tennis table for games, the accumulated junk of 22 years wargaming, and a bar.

hmmm sounds like my room :D
only still building the bar over here, seems like my projects keep getting in the way

L192837465
06-18-2012, 11:40 AM
About 2 years ago I lived in a 2 bedroom apartment and due to *events* that happened, I was left with both rooms and no way to cancel the lease. So the second room became my favorite room I've ever had. All my guitars/synths, half cab and marshall header, computer, surround sound, gaming stuff, hookah, and my entertainment system. I loved that room.

eldargal
06-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Blackjack and hookahs?:p Living the dream...

gaming stuff, hookah

We have a ginormous cellar/basement which even my father can't fill with alcohol so my brothers put some walls up, put in some heating and initiated de-dampification protocols and created a very large hobby area with a a little room for each of our stuff and a big gaming room and a painting room. It came up really well. I call my area my Gaming Boudoir.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-19-2012, 01:08 AM
Blackjack and hookahs?:p Living the dream...

We have a ginormous cellar/basement which even my father can't fill with alcohol so my brothers put some walls up, put in some heating and initiated de-dampification protocols and created a very large hobby area with a a little room for each of our stuff and a big gaming room and a painting room. It came up really well. I call my area my Gaming Boudoir.

Can I live with you? I want a gaming cellar/torture room. :D

Psychosplodge
06-19-2012, 01:15 AM
due to *events* that happened
Events suck, but this sounds like you got a happy ending...

Can I live with you? I want a gaming cellar/torture room. :D

smooth....:D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-19-2012, 01:20 AM
Smoother than a milkshake!