PDA

View Full Version : 30th June....planning time!

Mr Mystery
06-13-2012, 12:44 PM
So, as best we can tell, 23rd is the Pre-Order date, with 30th being release day!

What are your plans?

Me, I'm going to scamper (possibly very literally) to my local store (a mere five minute casual stroll from my Nerdcave) and procure me a copy of the book, and whatever other toys I can fit into my £93.00 budget.

From there, I'll spend an hour or two frothing wildly in store, excitedly discussing the new edition and poring over my new toys.

After that? Well I do declare it'll be pub o'clock. I may even cast a Level 27 'Summon Goons' and meet my chums up there for collective reading, learning and gibbering. Oh and I will be taking my Necron Codex with me, so I can (admitedlly drunkenly) go over my toys and looking for how it will interact in the new rules!

Dunno about you, but I very much call that a plan!

Your turn now!

Black Hydra
06-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Still not sure on whether to get the starter set or actual rulebook. Rulebook will cost me almost 60 dollars in all it's glorious gloriousness. But the starter set-if it includes Chaos and DA- will give me more models for my Chaos force. And I still get the rulebook.

It all depends on prices. For now I'll be content to study the new rules at my local game shop. With the price increases, patience will be rewarded.

Admiral Kenaris
06-13-2012, 12:58 PM
A little Beerhammer to celebrate some "out with the old, in with the new." A fine idea.

Mr Mystery
06-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Toasting the fallen, and wetting the babies head.

THE GAME IS DEAD! LONG LIVE THE GAME!

Levitas
06-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Moving house that weekend so...

• will nip out for ten minutes, grab a copy
• glance at it for 5 mins looking for where my eldar have got nerfed or buffed.
• cry tears of joy or sorrow for 2 mins
• return to wife and boxes
• accidently smash the most nerfed army

The AKH
06-13-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm considering preordering it and having it delivered, so that I can peruse the new edition in the comfort of my own cave... I mean home.

Defenestratus
06-13-2012, 05:24 PM
I've been informed that there's a battle bunker event scheduled for the 23rd that "you really REALLY want to be there" for. Could be that certain locations will be getting the book sooner rather than the 30th.

fuzzbuket
06-14-2012, 12:30 AM
sit on the internet and nerdrage at everything.

SotonShades
06-14-2012, 12:49 AM
According to a FLGS manager I know, IF (her emphasis, not mine) we get a new edition of 40k this month, we will be having a 'Midnight madness'.

Basically, everyone is allowed in store at midnight, get's their photo taken holding their copy while they sit on a throne of new books. Then averyone gets an hour to read/rewrite army lists and we play a small points tournament until 6am. Everyone gets kicked out (and goes for breakfast) then back in at 10 for the main release day. Not only is it an awesome way to get/learn the new rules, it means there are a good number of people in store on release day who actually know how to play them and can help teach everyone else.

Only downside is that no alcohol is allowed. You get turfed out if they even smell it on your breath. Lots of Strong coffee is advised and encouraged though!

So I might just do that. If not, turn up at 10am to pick up my copy and have much fun learning, playing and getting my rear handed to me by everyone else who has speed read the rules.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-14-2012, 01:06 AM
So, as best we can tell, 23rd is the Pre-Order date, with 30th being release day!

What are your plans?

Me, I'm going to scamper (possibly very literally) to my local store (a mere five minute casual stroll from my Nerdcave) and procure me a copy of the book, and whatever other toys I can fit into my £93.00 budget.

From there, I'll spend an hour or two frothing wildly in store, excitedly discussing the new edition and poring over my new toys.

After that? Well I do declare it'll be pub o'clock. I may even cast a Level 27 'Summon Goons' and meet my chums up there for collective reading, learning and gibbering. Oh and I will be taking my Necron Codex with me, so I can (admitedlly drunkenly) go over my toys and looking for how it will interact in the new rules!

Dunno about you, but I very much call that a plan!

Your turn now!

That's EXACTLY what I will be doing! :D

Wolfshade
06-14-2012, 01:24 AM
I'll pre-order as I dislike people.
Then go to pub and pour over it (that is read, not pour beer onto it)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-14-2012, 01:27 AM
I'll pre-order as I dislike people.
Then go to pub and pour over it (that is read, not pour beer onto it)

Pending how satisfied you are with the product. :D

Wolfshade
06-14-2012, 01:51 AM
I'm always satisfied

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-14-2012, 02:04 AM
We live in exciting times my friends, very exciting.

I look forward to the rules debates, it should be interesting.

SotonShades
06-14-2012, 02:22 AM
We live in exciting times my friends, very exciting.

I look forward to the rules debates, it should be interesting.

You never know; GW could have put together a watertight rules set where there is absolutely no wiggleroom or need for debate...

:D Sorry, teaars streaming down my face cus I'm laughing to hard at that.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-14-2012, 02:28 AM
Hahahahaha! True story! :'D

DrLove42
06-14-2012, 02:56 AM
30th June. At a Christening 150 miles away from home all day. Get filled in on changes through internet and texts

1st July - Pcik up my advance order and read it myself. Hopefully have 1st game on 2nd July

4th July- 24th Birthday.

7th July - Fly on Holiday for 2 weeks

24th July - Return to internet, have 2 weeks of reviews and editorials to catch me up

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-14-2012, 03:02 AM
I'll have to remember to wish you a happy birthday dude. :D

Wolfshade
06-14-2012, 03:22 AM
DrLove I can summarise it for you

"The sky is falling"
"It's broken man"
"Stuff GW this ruleset sucks"
"My army list now no longer works waaa"
"I like this new ruleset"
"I dislike game mechanic X"
"I really like game mechanic X"

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-14-2012, 03:31 AM
And that's just one guy's response!

Mr Mystery
06-14-2012, 05:28 AM
Meh. I'll be ignoring the Internet trolls.

There's still people bashing units based on misread rules (like special ccw. Unless I've missed an FAQ, the list in the book is exhaustive. Ergo, power weapons can be matched with any pistol or ccw to grant the additional attack)

Well up for it! Got three people interested to so far!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-14-2012, 05:31 AM
I think there will be me, 4 friends, and the manager of GW Shrewsbury (who is also a friend) discussing it at the pub, it shall be glorious.

Mr Mystery
06-14-2012, 05:34 AM
Wonder of the TUnbridge Wells staff will join us? Granted by the end of the day, they'll be shattered, and I'll be munted!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-14-2012, 05:39 AM
Well, conveniently the manager of GW Shrewsbury is also the GM of our Saturday night Deathwatch group. So literally the schedule is:

Go to GW
Buy the book and take full advantage of the facilities and debates
Maybe play a game of the new edition
When the shop closes at 6, time for pub and debate with the rest of the Deathwatch Group
Manager joins us then we go to his
More debate whilst killing bugs! :D

Night System
06-14-2012, 07:16 AM
According to a FLGS manager I know, IF (her emphasis, not mine) we get a new edition of 40k this month, we will be having a 'Midnight madness'.

I remember going to a Midnight Madness for the release of 5th, lots of fun was to be had, I won that tournament with my tyranids as toughness 7 2+ save 5 wound carnifexs which could suddenly run were disgusting :)

So yeah, I will almost definitely be there. Isn't it exciting!

Wolfshade
06-14-2012, 07:26 AM
It is so close I can almost smell the linament

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-14-2012, 07:29 AM
I can't wait, nothing is putting me on a dampener at the moment, not work, not life, not family. Hah.

Wolfshade
06-14-2012, 07:32 AM
I have already organised to take my credit card for a bit of a bending that day

L192837465
06-14-2012, 07:44 AM
I'm always satisfied

That's what she said!

Oh wait...

Yeah, I'll be picking it up, finding my watering hole, and reading through it very carefully. VERY excited about the new edition!

Wolfshade
06-14-2012, 07:51 AM
That's what she said!

Oh wait...

I know, right?

fuzzbuket
06-14-2012, 09:28 AM
DrLove I can summarise it for you

"The sky is falling"
"It's broken man"
"Stuff GW this ruleset sucks"
"My army list now no longer works waaa"
"I like this new ruleset"
"I dislike game mechanic X"
"I really like game mechanic X"

you forgot ' im moving to another company waaah

JMichael
06-14-2012, 10:13 AM
My LGS may be selling it on Friday to the regulars...If so I'll be leaving work at noon. If I have to wait to Saturday, then several of us will get the new edition (I will be getting the BRB, cards, templates, dice, Starter, Codecies, and whatever else they release that day) and have a release party at my house!

Sat is RPG day at our store, so no space for us to geek out. But I have a nice house and walking distance to some of the best Mexican food in Southern CA