PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels Planestrike Advice

Mephiston69
06-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Hey everybody, I'm playing Blood Angels as attackers in Planestrike for the first time in a tournament and I have no Ideas on what to take.
Anyone care to offer some advice?

Wolfshade
06-13-2012, 04:16 AM
Blood Angels attacking is good fun, the ability to assault on the turn you deepstrike is very good. I would go for an Jump Pack army with a nice sized death company (w/ lemartes) plenty of assualt marines with priests to give FnP bubbles.
Depending on your points limit / models availble maybe Dante with Sanguinary guard

Tynskel
06-13-2012, 07:41 AM
If you can get orbital bombardments, do so.

Healthy amount of Stormravens.
To back up your army, I'd recommend land raiders, especially since they can deep strike! Godhammer Patterns--- you'll want the firepower as well as the armor. I would put Tactical Marines in those.

Alllll deep strike! Show them the Blood Angel Path!

Feel No Pain will probably not be very effective in Planet Strike. The defender can get ~6 Hv Support choices, of which many often have weapons that ignore FNP.

Better to have high armor, and fast speed.

jifel
06-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Id go a massed Assault marine list. Death Company with packs, Assault marines with packs, all deepstrike and scatter 1d6 before assaulting, hopefully with lots of PF attacks. Maybe one huge squad with Dante attached to really F*** something up. Really, just DSing infantry with meltas and Fists, and probably a couple attached priests for fun.

Wolfshade
06-13-2012, 08:29 AM
Feel No Pain will probably not be very effective in Planet Strike. The defender can get ~6 Hv Support choices, of which many often have weapons that ignore FNP.

Better to have high armor, and fast speed.
I had not considered that, but if it goes well then you'll be still in CC for the shooting or already popped the big things.
Deep striking land raiders are scary, with such a large foot print they can easily scatter onto impassable terrain.

Though I do think a deep striking land raider should be able to destroy a bastion....

thecactusman17
06-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Load up a unit full of power fists or thunder hammers to assault enemy armor in turn one. This will dramatically reduce his heavy armor or surviving bastions and your ability to tie up nasty shooting units in close combat asap

Mephiston69
06-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the input everybody. In normal games I play hybrid with jumpers and predators and it works pretty well.
The game we're playing for planetstrike is 2,000 points. Now I've taken Dante before and he works wonders, although I'd also consider taking one or two librarians as well.
I have access to just about everything except for stormravens and land speeders, that being said, help building a list would be greatly appreciated