PDA

View Full Version : I have been busy this weekend!!! - YOU'RE THE DRAGONBORN

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-11-2012, 01:38 AM
Hello Internet!
I hope you're all well?? Back to the grindstone. :/

I have had like 30 Chaos Warriors and some Knights sat in my "Warhammer Drawer" for about a year, I haven't touched them, haven't even thought about them. This weekend I set up at my local GW and built ALL OF IT.

This is what I'm doing with the army - Galrauch and his Homies

Galrauch (who doesn't want their army led by a HUGE DRAGON)
Chaos Sorceror, Channelling Staff
Exalted Hero, Battle Standard Bearer, Doom Totem, Daemonic Mount, Mark of Tzeentch
30 Chaos Warriors, Shields, Full Command, Blasted Standard, Mark of Tzeentch
30 Chaos Warriors, Shields, Full Command, Mark of Tzeentch
10 Chaos Knights, Full Command, Mark of Tzeentch
Chaos Chariot, Mark of Tzeentch
2x Chaos Warshrines, Mark of Tzeentch

3000 points!

I have 30 Warriors, 5 Knights and the Sorceror, now I have to think of how to make Galrauch... (don't want 90 pieces of metal)
I was thinking of using the Mortis Engine for the Warshrines...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-11-2012, 08:01 AM
110 views, no comments? Ouch, my face.

Needs some ideas on how to make a nice Galrauch.

eldargal
06-11-2012, 08:46 AM
I feel your pain, my Bloodsworn review has 166 views with no comments.:p Building is the easy bit, get some paint on those barstuds. I like the list too, no idea how competitive it is, WoC aren't my area of expertise, but I like warrior heavy lists rather than the usual marauder spam you see on a lot of online lists.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-11-2012, 08:57 AM
I HATE Marauders, stupid models. One sec, I'll give you a comment. :D
Of course it's competitive, I have Tzeentch on my side, and a great big dirty Dragon.

I figured out that the Blasted Standard unit gets 4+ Ward against shooting, 6+ against Magic, and 5+ in combat, wooooo!

fuzzbuket
06-11-2012, 10:30 AM
well for the models that you dont like painting you could either:
a) airbrush/ basecoat and wash! (no not dipping thats evil *shudders*)
b) have some freindly local commision service paint your models for a very reasonable price**
-fuzz

**AKA ME

yes ive not done self promotion in a while and its fun :D its also some sort of protest about the lounge atm but i cant be bothered ranting on too much :P

NurglesRot
06-11-2012, 12:23 PM
I've never used a Warshrine. My last Fantasy game was with the old Codex.

Galrauch is awesome. You plan to make your own? HE was easy to put together, you just have to be sure to pin the wings, mine fell off like 3 times.

I also favor Tzeentch for the magic. But also Nurgle as well. I never cared for the other 2.

My list is not Marauder heavy but I do use them.

I have:

Galrauch
Archaon on foot
Crom The Conqueror
Tzeentch Sorcerer
Tzeentch Hero
Exalted Demon
Nurgle Hero
Hero with 2 weapons
2 Sorcerers on foot
1 Sorcerer on Mount
Lord on Demonic Mount.

48 Chaos Warriors
30 Marauders
10 Knights (Mark Of Nurgle)
5 Ogres
1 Chariot

And what I can no longer use:

10 Plague Bearers
21 Horrors
4 Flamers
5 Nurglings
1 Doombull
1 Beatman Chariot
5 Minotaurs

Wildeybeast
06-11-2012, 12:27 PM
For making Galruch, there are a number of shiny plastic dragon kits you can use. The High elf dragon kit has the more solid look of the old Galruch model, though the Dark Elf dragon is probably in a better pose to graft an extra neck onto.

I feel your pain, my Bloodsworn review has 166 views with no comments.:p

That's cos people like me look at it, see the spoliaz warning and scoot off without reading any further!

eldargal
06-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Good point, I've made the spoilers white so you have to highlight to read them.:)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-12-2012, 01:16 AM
For making Galruch, there are a number of shiny plastic dragon kits you can use. The High elf dragon kit has the more solid look of the old Galruch model, though the Dark Elf dragon is probably in a better pose to graft an extra neck onto.

Yeah, I was thinking of splicing one of those kits with the Zombie Dragon, so that I can get that gangly look.

Thanks for all the comments guys, appreciate them.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-14-2012, 02:13 AM
well for the models that you dont like painting you could either:
a) airbrush/ basecoat and wash! (no not dipping thats evil *shudders*)
b) have some freindly local commision service paint your models for a very reasonable price**
-fuzz

**AKA ME

yes ive not done self promotion in a while and its fun :D its also some sort of protest about the lounge atm but i cant be bothered ranting on too much :P

Oh yes, fuzz, I meant to thank you for the offer. I like painting though so I'm fine dude. :)

Nightstalker
06-14-2012, 03:29 PM
friend of mine made a 2 headed chaosdragon out of the Black dragon of the dark elves.
looks pretty awesome
http://bernd-barnstorf.de/draco/draco6.jpg

Wildeybeast
06-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Indeed it does!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Stolen!

Grovel
08-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Geez that thing is big, I hope he doesn't find the need to get it out of LOS cause that may be difficult on a standard table...