PDA

View Full Version : Tau Fire Warrior's Shield Drones

PinoyC
09-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Please excuse if this seems overly simple...I don't have any experience playing with Tau and minor against...but the other day a Q came up about the Shield Drones for a FW squad. How does the invulnerable save work? Does the drone give the whole squad a save or is it just another model to put a wound on?

PinoyC

Jwolf
09-24-2009, 12:20 AM
Just another model to put wounds on.

Elliott
09-24-2009, 04:04 AM
Exactly like jwolf said: it's another member of the team, with the same armor save as the Fire Warriors, but with a 4+ invulnerable save. Considering it costs what three Fire Warriors cost, though, and that its continued existence hinges on the Shas'ui staying alive - it's probably not a good purchase.

On the other hand, it's still a pretty good buy for Broadsides: 2+/4+ save and an ablative wound FTW.

OMalley
09-24-2009, 07:01 AM
Shield Drones aren't three times a normal fire warrior, but still they are a little unneccessary in my opinion to put on a squad of them.

Elliott
09-24-2009, 11:28 AM
whoops, I'm sorry, you're completely correct. One and a half Fire Warriors for shield drones; three for marker drones. I'm a dofus.

PinoyC
09-24-2009, 06:54 PM
rgr...thanks for the input...this is how I interpreted it...so with your confirmation, I'll ensure that the local Tau player keeps his FW legit.