PDA

View Full Version : help on 13th peniel legion army

mrphatman
09-23-2009, 10:34 PM
hi I've been working on a 13th penel army and i can't figure out a good color scehm for the tanks, i've been trying to think of one for a few mounths but can't come up with one I like, I came up with a few ideas, 1. faded blue like an old prison transport, 2. black with gold like yaricks tank, and 3. just plain orange with the paint peeling away.the look i'm going for is an old looking prison transport any help or pictures would be great. i'll put some pics of the army up later.

Ithmaril
09-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Personally (and that's just me), I don't think that their transports or battle tanks would have a "prison transport" scheme, from a fluff point of view. I'd rather assume that they are normally transported by non-military vehicles, and if they are lucky enough to get some tanks assigned to them for combat, they're more likely gonna be discharged/out-of-service models from regular Regiments. I'd go with dirty, partly rusty, heavily repaired ragtag tanks with barely recognizable former camo and makeshift designations and symbols painted on cheaply.

I just can't see the Guard sending anyone into battle in blue or orange tanks, even conscripts. They may want to see them die for the Emperor, but they won't damage the enemy beforehand when they're blown up from miles away, because they ride signal-coloured deathtraps. ;)

mrphatman
01-02-2010, 05:32 PM
here are some examples of what i'm thinking to do

lobster-overlord
01-02-2010, 05:46 PM
An Ork Wartrukk would make a great "counts as" Chimera for a Penal army :-)