PDA

View Full Version : 6th Edition Teaser video

addamsfamily36
06-08-2012, 05:21 PM
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=2700048

Not much to see but the big VI symbol is a pretty clear message.

Sorry if this has already been discussed/brought to the forums.

Flammenwerfer13
06-08-2012, 05:33 PM
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=2700048

Not much to see but the big VI symbol is a pretty clear message.

Sorry if this has already been discussed/brought to the forums.

23-6-12

Euro's write their dates funny.

This is basically GW saying 6th edition is launching June 23, 2012.

This fits right in with their typical 14-15 day release announcements.

addamsfamily36
06-08-2012, 05:40 PM
23-6-12

we write our dates just fine :P lol

dwez
06-08-2012, 05:40 PM
23-6-12

I know, day-month-year it just makes no sense! :p

Although it may be worth noting it is Teaser No1. Which implies there will be more...

DrBored
06-08-2012, 06:14 PM
This is exciting! If it's the 23rd, perhaps we're going to see 6th a little sooner than people imagined.. Or perhaps that is only the preorder date.. Still, if it's the preorder date, that puts it at a June 30th release, which is a Saturday!

That will leave plenty of room in July for more fliers or subsequent releases before the Chaos Marine Codex!

flekkzo
06-08-2012, 06:19 PM
23-6-12

120623 is how it's properly written, don't mix in the British and their bizarre ways :)

MarneusCalgar
06-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Ey, man!!

The british are the ones who ride their cars at the opposite side than the rest of european countries hahahaha!!

Good to see now it´s official...

Because this year the first Games Day is here, in Barcelona, Spain... the 1st of July... or July 1st if you prefer.

And I will assist!!

We will know there many things about 6th Edition

Brass Scorpion
06-08-2012, 06:52 PM
23-6-12 Euro's write their dates funny. It's in logical order of most specific to most general: day, month, year. It's the US that's got it all mixed up.

DrBored
06-08-2012, 07:04 PM
It's in logical order of most specific to most general: day, month, year. It's the US that's got it all mixed up.

Exactly. Just like how we did away with the metric system, and how we drive our cars on the wrong side of the road. Americans think we're doing it 'right', but the rest of the world, which has been around for thousands of years longer, says 'I don't think so.'

Capn Stoogey
06-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Is it just me or is it broken? The Facebook link won't work, the OP's link leads me to the GW page and their vid won't play, and I can't find it on you tube.

Ok, it worked an was thoroughly underwhelming, I don't really know what I was expecting but it was more than a burning Aquila and a date, ha ha ha.

DrBored
06-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Is it just me or is it broken? The Facebook link won't work, the OP's link leads me to the GW page and their vid won't play, and I can't find it on you tube.

Works fine for me. Try a different browser (like firefox or chrome).

Capn Stoogey
06-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Works fine for me. Try a different browser (like firefox or chrome).

I do have Firefox, it finally worked for me so maybe it was just having a "moment", cheers.

DarkLink
06-08-2012, 08:02 PM
We write our dates like we say them, which makes more sense than changing it up for the sake of confusion. June 23 is 6/23, for the sake of consistency.

Exactly. Just like how we did away with the metric system, and how we drive our cars on the wrong side of the road.

You mean the same side of the road as 72% of all roads in the world, by length?

And really, anyone who matters, such as engineers, is familiar with the metric system. It's not like it's difficult.

heretic marine
06-08-2012, 09:43 PM
OOO I am so HAPPY, Chaos will be soon (hopefully):D

everyone should stop worrying about the metric system and wonder about 6th Edition.

eldargal
06-08-2012, 10:15 PM
That would put the release day as 30th of June, nifty. Might see Flyers in July then if 6th is technically a june release.

Emerald Rose Widow
06-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Ok, it worked an was thoroughly underwhelming, I don't really know what I was expecting but it was more than a burning Aquila and a date, ha ha ha.

Yeah, I expected very little, the point is its a teaser, just something to catch people's attention and get people fired up in discussions over the next month. If you ask me this teaser did its job perfectly, people will be discussing this left and right. They will come out with more teasers though, with more pizaz each time, but I actually like how minimalist this teaser was. It gets the job done, its pretty, and the way they worked the numeral into the date I knew exactly what it meant the moment I saw it.

Dalleron
06-08-2012, 11:48 PM
What is there to discuss that us internet types haven't already discussed. GW has been mum on the subject of 6th, so unless we discuss more made up stuff, it's just waiting now.

eldargal
06-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Well it has been confirmed we will be getting 6th, prior the trailer it was just rumours. Funnily enough fairly recently there was a rumour saying we wouldn't get 6th this year.:rolleyes: It is very easy to forget that just because something is strongly rumoured to be coming that doesn't make it so.

mysterex
06-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Exactly. Just like how we did away with the metric system, and how we drive our cars on the wrong side of the road. Americans think we're doing it 'right', but the rest of the world, which has been around for thousands of years longer, says 'I don't think so.'

I'm not sure American's have done away with the metric system entirely. Apparently many of them have a surprising affection for 9mm's.

pauljc
06-09-2012, 01:27 AM
I can neither deny nor confirm that the new book is releasing on 30th of June. Tum te tum.. *wanders off whistling nonchalantly*

Bracchus
06-09-2012, 01:34 AM
The plastic crack addict in me just had a nerdgasm, bring on 6:ed! :)

dwez
06-09-2012, 02:51 AM
We write our dates like we say them, which makes more sense than changing it up for the sake of confusion. June 23 is 6/23, for the sake of consistency.

You know you can say "23rd of June" too, right? :D

DrLove42
06-09-2012, 03:21 AM
All dates comments aside, i hope the date is the preorder day. Its the only saturday in the next 2 months im not busy so will have a chance to order everything.
The 23rd is also the day WD comes out, so it probably is preorders. Then ican just pick it up from the store the day after release!.

Deadlift
06-09-2012, 04:46 AM
All dates comments aside, i hope the date is the preorder day. Its the only saturday in the next 2 months im not busy so will have a chance to order everything.
The 23rd is also the day WD comes out, so it probably is preorders. Then ican just pick it up from the store the day after release!.

I agree, I cant see it being the actual release date as the 23rd is only 2 weeks away.

Aetaosrau
06-09-2012, 05:09 AM

Yes us driveing on the left in england so that you have your dominant hand on the steering wheel is just so daft (most are right handed), what were we thinking :p.

It's also got nothing to do with that we took what the rest of the world had to offer and tweaked the things that made no logical sense and made what you consider the modern world you live in today :D

Wildeybeast
06-09-2012, 05:12 AM
I agree, I cant see it being the actual release date as the 23rd is only 2 weeks away.

23rd is when WD is released, so that will be preorder date only. As for release date, I'm calling 7th July. That then gives them a two week window until the 21st when whatever the second wave of the month is will release, which is the pattern for the last few months. It also gives them two weeks to get all the pre-orders sorted for what is likely to be a much in demand product.

As for us Brits writing our dates funny, we we writing dates before America even existed which automatically makes us correct. :p

Lancel
06-09-2012, 05:45 AM
And so 6th Edition was a failure, for the fans could not abide by the date format.

I'm curious if this is the release day, or the announce/pre-order day. I'm guessing the latter.

Deadlift
06-09-2012, 06:13 AM
What do we think the price tag will be ? I hope it won't be too much more than the current price for WFB 8th and with any luck the same.

I also hope we will see an electronic version available too.

As for who drives on the "correct" side of the road, I ride a bike and where ever I choose to go, it's always the correct side. :cool:

Wildeybeast
06-09-2012, 06:37 AM
What do we think the price tag will be ? I hope it won't be too much more than the current price for WFB 8th and with any luck the same.

I also hope we will see an electronic version available too.

As for who drives on the "correct" side of the road, I ride a bike and where ever I choose to go, it's always the correct side. :cool:

Yeah, I'm guessing it would be reasonable to expect a £45 full colour book. I think they will do a digital one asusming they have had chance to make it, it would seem like a massive opportunity missed not to do one.

the jeske
06-09-2012, 08:09 AM
and then 23 came and people got the DA WD dex . people were sad.

Denzark
06-09-2012, 09:09 AM
I can neither deny nor confirm that the new book is releasing on 30th of June. Tum te tum.. *wanders off whistling nonchalantly*

Neither can anybody else you Space Chimp.

Nemesis
06-09-2012, 01:04 PM
And all those sparky flames and the roar---hint hint. It must be the big C.

gmorleyy
06-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Yes us driveing on the left in england so that you have your dominant hand on the steering wheel is just so daft (most are right handed), what were we thinking :p.

It's also got nothing to do with that we took what the rest of the world had to offer and tweaked the things that made no logical sense and made what you consider the modern world you live in today :D

Brits drive on the left because they were conquered by the Romans, and the Roman army walked/drove chariots on the right, forcing the British natives to walk on the left or be trampled. Nobody thought they should drive on the left because of the right hand being more appropriately placed on the steering wheel, as the custom came long before cars were invented.

Why do British people think they're so much better and so much smarter than the rest of the world? What's with all the animosity toward "yanks" who saved your *** in WW2? You're not the top power in the world anymore, get over yourselves.

American spelling and dates are less cumbersome. I'm from Canada, which typically follows British traditions in these cases, but I spell it 'harbor' not 'harbour' and use dates with the month first because it sounds more natural. Americans also say "I'm in 12th grade" rather than "I'm in grade 12" since the latter makes no grammatical sense at all. I come in 1st place, not place 1.

I'll give you one thing: the discoverer of Aluminum finalized on the name Aluminium, which sounds strange to North Americans but is the correct name.

Morgan Darkstar
06-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Why do British people think they're so much better and so much smarter than the rest of the world?

because we are obviously

What's with all the animosity toward "yanks" who saved your *** in WW2?

which i would like to point out they only joined because they themselves were attacked, otherwise they were quite happy to sit it out.

however it's not animosity it's called humor i.e. pulling someones leg :rolleyes:

and they deserve it :p

Americans also say "I'm in 12th grade" rather than "I'm in grade 12" since the latter makes no grammatical sense at all. I come in 1st place, not place 1.

I have placed 1st in many things, how exactly does this not make sense?

ALSO

the Roman army walked/drove chariots on the right, forcing the British natives to walk on the left or be trampled

This makes no sense, what if the romans were coming the other way :eek:

Wildeybeast
06-10-2012, 03:27 AM
Darkstar, don't feed the troll, no matter how ill informed he may be about historical events.

eldargal
06-10-2012, 03:38 AM
The new book is 440 pages according to Harry, which is quite a bit less than the WFB book. Not complaining, it is still 136 pages longer than the current 40k BRB. Still expecting it to be £45.

Denzark
06-10-2012, 03:40 AM
Why do British people think blah blah blah

Good Effort on your first post. Come on here and let us think somewhere a village is missing its idiot.

Still at least when you start at the level of basic hamster brain the only way is up.

Wildeybeast
06-10-2012, 04:02 AM
The new book is 440 pages according to Harry, which is quite a bit less than the WFB book. Not complaining, it is still 136 pages longer than the current 40k BRB. Still expecting it to be £45.

Any word on whether it has been colourised?

eldargal
06-10-2012, 04:07 AM
Nope, hopefully it has but I don't recall anyone saying so specifically. Nor if it is hardcover.

Morgan Darkstar
06-10-2012, 04:14 AM
Darkstar, don't feed the troll, no matter how ill informed he may be about historical events.

Awwww but i wanted to play with the cute trolliwolly! it seemed so lonely :p

Back OT

I would like to find out soon what special editions of the rulebook are available to purchase. roll on the end of the month.

Wildeybeast
06-10-2012, 04:34 AM
Awwww but i wanted to play with the cute trolliwolly! it seemed so lonely :p

Back OT

I would like to find out soon what special editions of the rulebook are available to purchase. roll on the end of the month.

Yeah, I'm quite keen to see what they pull out in special editions. Hopefully something really nice to work with the 25th anniversary. Fingers crossed for a copy of the original RT rules!

eldargal
06-10-2012, 04:54 AM
Some more from Warseer:

I imagine in % terms it is a roughly similar increase to the increase we saw for Fantasy.(8th)

I suspect the will be a bit more of everything ... A bit more background a bit more rules, more information about the different armies, more hobby, more photos, more art, more colour. Just like the big fantasy book.

I is a safe bet there will be a special edition.

On that topic ... I know there is a special (Limited run) edition of the starter set.
Limited edition tarter set, interesting.

Verilance
06-10-2012, 08:41 AM
I'm from Canada...

I am now ashamed of my country's educational system which I had believed to be exemplary :(

Kawauso
06-10-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm from Canada, which typically follows British traditions in these cases, but I spell it 'harbor' not 'harbour' and use dates with the month first because it sounds more natural.

You're free to do that, but you're doing it wrong.
Canadian English, like British English, if full of unnecessary vowels, and I love it.

Wildeybeast
06-10-2012, 12:44 PM
You're free to do that, but you're doing it wrong.
Canadian English, like British English, if full of unnecessary vowels, and I love it.

FYI it's not British English, just English. What with us being English, from actual England we don't need to specify what sort of English we are speaking. :D

Verilance
06-10-2012, 01:23 PM
FYI it's not British English, just English. What with us being English, from actual England we don't need to specify what sort of English we are speaking. :D

How dare you think that just because you are from England you have any say about English :D

... what's next France wanting to control French...

oh ya they have a bureau for that don't they ha ha

Deadlift
06-10-2012, 01:44 PM
I am now ashamed of my country's educational system which I had believed to be exemplary :(

Don't be, mrs Deadlift is from BC and did her degree at UVic. Political science I think it was. Anyway she runs intellectual rings around me (not difficult).
However I am quite adept at shouting " what's it all aboot" just at the wrong time, followed by lots oh "eh"

On topic, I would like to see full colour in th new book too, special edition should come with some grimdark music to play your games to :)

Mr Mystery
06-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Don't be, mrs Deadlift is from BC and did her degree at UVic. Political science I think it was. Anyway she runs intellectual rings around me (not difficult).
However I am quite adept at shouting " what's it all aboot" just at the wrong time, followed by lots oh "eh"

On topic, I would like to see full colour in th new book too, special edition should come with some grimdark music to play your games to :)

Dude. That's what the Sisters of Mercy are for.

Or depending on your definition of Grimdark, possible Justin Beiber. Though I'm fairly sure that is in fact a war crime.

darklament
06-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Wait...June 23rd is the PRE-ORDER date? Really? That IMHO is just silly. When a movie is coming out, the studios don't make a fuss or trailers about the advanced tickets day - it's the opening day that gets talked about.

So you mean to tell me June 23rd is the day i get to buy the book but not have the book. Wow - wacky marketing that.

UPDATE: ok, I get it - the White Dwarf comes out on that date & we get all the juicy articles on what 6th edition will have. And we get to order the book & all the extra bitz if we want. I'm just bummed that I got all excited for June 23rd & now it will most likely be July 7th or so. Hopefully as we get closer to the date we'll be given more teasers, previews, anything...

-Jefferson

Psychosplodge
06-14-2012, 02:20 AM

I don't think you ever had the metric system to "do away" with, we haven't even adopted it fully, we still work in MPH not km/h.
We still order pints of beer (not the silly mini pint you have, a proper sized pint)
The driving on the left I was once told it is because you wear your sword on the left hip, so to fight someone approaching from the other direction you'd need to be to the left, And apparently Napoleon was keg handed, so he liked to walk on the right, and having conquered most of europe but not England that's why europeans drive on the right. If you look at Japan another once feudal society they also drive on the left...
The US deliberately chose to keep right to be different to England, the same as the deliberately corrupted the English language to separate it from English post throwing the toys out the pram. Canada despite essentially being made up of loyalists in the 18th century shares a large land border with it's larger more populous southern neighbour hence it makes sense to adopt their standard to avoid chaos at the border...

^This a million times, american english is merely a widely used dialect of English. English is the standard, it doesn't require the adjective of "British" before it.

/Rant

Wolfshade
06-14-2012, 03:29 AM
We still order pints of beer (not the silly mini pint you have, a proper sized pint)

Speak for yourself I prefer to buy my beer by the Firkin (party!). But no I am being flippant you'd die if you drank that in one session

Psychosplodge
06-14-2012, 03:37 AM
That's just a very good long weekend, just don't expect me to move tuesday morning....

DrLove42
06-14-2012, 03:44 AM
Pffft....I'm British. I drink Ale by the Yard

Psychosplodge
06-14-2012, 03:47 AM
Pffft....I'm British. I drink Ale by the Yard
lol

Mr Mystery
06-14-2012, 05:43 AM
Speak for yourself I prefer to buy my beer by the Firkin (party!). But no I am being flippant you'd die if you drank that in one session

I find your lack of beer disturbing.

I will never remember the night of 18 bottles of Hobgoblin......

Wolfshade
06-14-2012, 05:52 AM
A firkin is 72 pints....

Psychosplodge
06-14-2012, 05:56 AM
lol
or a quarter of a barrel I think?

Deadlift
06-14-2012, 05:59 AM
A firkin is 72 pints....

Firkin hammered if I drank that then.

Wolfshade
06-14-2012, 06:02 AM
Firkin hammered if I drank that then.

+1 internets to you :D
made me chuckle

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-14-2012, 06:03 AM
Hah!

Brass Scorpion
06-14-2012, 11:33 PM
According to Showcase Comics And Games the 6th Edition 40K rule book will be released on June 30.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1837318316

The 6th edtion 40k launch party on June 30th is going to be stupidly large and fun. It now coincides with our monthly tournament. Finally got some hard confirmation that I'll have the books on the 30th and out for sale. All the safety features are off, and the reactor needle is heading for the red zone!

-5th edtion tournament in the morning, then a just for yucks "we don't know the rules" 6th edition tournament in the evening
-Midnight release of the new rules on friday
-10 bucks off your rulebook if you play in the tournament
-1 random person in the tournament gets his rulebook for free, or a 100 in store -credit if you already bought the book
-Drawings for lots of random stuff
-20% off GW if you buy the new book
-50% off of all the old metal GW models.
-Lots of food, including several hundred nuggets donated by Chick Filet. I'll be doing up pulled pork barbeque.
-Chili Dogs on sunday for those staying over.
-Possibility we just don't go to sleep saturday, and game all night, breakfast across the street at the diner at 6am.