PDA

View Full Version : FW Horus Heresy series in the works

eldargal
06-08-2012, 12:00 AM
From Warseer:

Horus Heresy book, first in a series, based around Isstvan III. To be announced at Games Day (...though not sure whether that's UK or USA).

...I mean, I guess.
SunTzu has a very good record with FW releases, he had details on on the new WarForge book and a few other things before they were revealed at Games Day.

I just hope it is wrong. I get all the love ofr the HH and I'm all for FW making some pre-Heresy kits and whatnot but I feel the Heresy has been de-mystified enough without having FW making a series of campaigns out of it. Not to mention we already ahve IA which is basically MArines/Guard vs Marines/Guard & sometimes Xenos. Now we get another whole book of Marine vs Marine. Thrilling.:rolleyes:

Kiarr
06-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Humm this would be not quite in line with what was mentioned at the forge world open day - the next imperial armour book being Minotaurs vs Necrons with guard supporting - the book being designed to show how the imperium reacts to an invasion

With the timescales involved I would guess that IA book would be ready around gamesday so if this was indeed the case then they could be announcing a new project around that time although I would guess that this wouldn't necessarily be including minis as well...

eldargal
06-08-2012, 12:40 AM
It is a new series, not IA. At least that is how it sounds. It seems to be something FW want to do, Warhammer Forge already has the Big Book series and now the Monstrous Arcanum series.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-08-2012, 01:00 AM
I admittedly would like to see some of my favourite characters, and the thought of official Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons armour excites me.

Wolfshade
06-08-2012, 01:49 AM
On the one hand I like the sound of this as I love the Heresy.
On the other as EG says "I feel the Heresy has been de-mystified enough without having FW making a series of campaigns out of it". I like to think of Primarchs as being warriors without peer (well aside from the emporer but by this time he is enthroned) and having stats for them would detract from their awesomeness

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-08-2012, 01:55 AM
I don't know if FW would go that far, they'd probably just do the Marines.

Wolfshade
06-08-2012, 02:01 AM
Just what we need, there isn't enough SM love

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-08-2012, 02:05 AM
There isn't enough Thousand Sons love.

Wolfshade
06-08-2012, 02:28 AM
That's because they are traitors and people don't want to play the bad guy

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-08-2012, 02:33 AM
I love the Thousand Sons! :(

Wolfshade
06-08-2012, 02:36 AM
:eek:
Oh, so you're one of "them"

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-08-2012, 02:40 AM
"them"?

Wolfshade
06-08-2012, 02:51 AM
Exactly

apahllo
06-08-2012, 02:53 AM
im dreaming... a primarch ;)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-08-2012, 03:05 AM
Exactly

Is this in reference to my name? xD

Wolfshade
06-08-2012, 03:16 AM
Don't worry :)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-08-2012, 03:18 AM
Hmmm... I smell treachery afoot. :D

Kataklysm
06-08-2012, 03:53 AM
I for one cannot wait for a forge world released Horus Heresy campaign. I dont care about certain xenos enthusiasts *****ing about how "slanted" forge world is. I am a xenos player and i love all of forge world's releases imperial or not.

I know it is just a damn forum, but some people make me sick.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-08-2012, 04:01 AM
Woah! Calm down dude.
I would call myself a Xeno enthusiast, specifically Necrons, I appreciate that some people might feel like their armies don't get shown any love. It's been like 3-4 years since Eldar had a release from GW? Which was the Fire Prism. They haven't had a new codex in 6 years, and okay Dark Eldar players you had to wait 12, but you have your new book, so zip your lips.
Marines are a big amount of GW's sales, so of course they'll get the most love, but GW and FW do have an obligation to expand the other races too.

Venris
06-08-2012, 04:14 AM
On the marine vs marine point, it depends if they start with the great crusade, if so then there's plenty of opportunity for some xero love

eldargal
06-08-2012, 04:50 AM
You need to calm down, you're making an idiot of yourself. Frankly when there are ten or mor Imperium releases for every Xenos release from FW People have a right to express their dissatisfaction with that trend possible becoming even more pronounced without small minded morons spewing forth nonsense just because they disagree.

I for one cannot wait for a forge world released Horus Heresy campaign. I dont care about certain xenos enthusiasts *****ing about how "slanted" forge world is. I am a xenos player and i love all of forge world's releases imperial or not.

I know it is just a damn forum, but some people make me sick.

Wildeybeast
06-08-2012, 05:19 AM
I don't see this being realistic. They are going to have to artifically invent a load of new stuff to actually make it different enough from the 40k stuff and introducing special characters from the novels would fly in the face of BL's desire not to have their characters appear in the game so I don't see that happening. And it means FW will become known as basically a marine factory which may be profitable, but would alienate all those who want to see something other than marines.

MarneusCalgar
06-08-2012, 09:04 AM
I don't see this being realistic. They are going to have to artifically invent a load of new stuff to actually make it different enough from the 40k stuff and introducing special characters from the novels would fly in the face of BL's desire not to have their characters appear in the game so I don't see that happening. And it means FW will become known as basically a marine factory which may be profitable, but would alienate all those who want to see something other than marines.

Me too... I don´t see it happen in a short time from now...

I think all the Heresy stuff would always be done when GW goes quickly down in their economy... and going near the bankrupt.

That should be their saving and the retaking of fame and glory, and money.

But now... I don´t see it.

ChacoStylez
06-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Call me a Space Marine lover, but I have always wanted to make a Luna Wolves army, prior to becoming the Sons of Horus. I just know I wouldn't do them justice with the kits that are out right now. If these rumors are true though, I can finally make the army that I want. I can wait for them to come out piece-meal, but I for one love these rumors :).

MarneusCalgar
06-08-2012, 10:48 AM
If they do some Primarchs line, I would buy up Guilliman, Russ, the Emperor and Horus, that´s sure

Wildeybeast
06-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Call me a Space Marine lover, but I have always wanted to make a Luna Wolves army, prior to becoming the Sons of Horus. I just know I wouldn't do them justice with the kits that are out right now. If these rumors are true though, I can finally make the army that I want. I can wait for them to come out piece-meal, but I for one love these rumors :).

If FW did make them all you are going to get is older marks of armour with shoulder pads/brass etchings, just like with all the 40k chapters now. It's not going to be anything special.

westside
06-09-2012, 10:37 AM
You need to calm down, you're making an idiot of yourself. Frankly when there are ten or mor Imperium releases for every Xenos release from FW People have a right to express their dissatisfaction with that trend possible becoming even more pronounced without small minded morons spewing forth nonsense just because they disagree.

The pot calling the kettle black.

You complain about some people 'rights' to express themselves while constantly attempting to shut others down when your opinion disagrees with their opinion

Eldargal, your the 'poster child' of attempting to shut down and control discussion with your 'wit'.

Lockark
06-09-2012, 02:22 PM
The only reason I'm excited about this is because their is a chance it's not just going to be another Loyalist mariens vs. Loyalists who got their panties in a wad.

During the Events of the drop site massacre the Emperor's Children were not only active Slaanesh worshipers, but also were Surgically and Chaoticly augmented at this point.

I just want to see more Non-Nurgle based Chaos.
=<

LoreDraconis
06-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Hey...how about we all relax and get back on topic. Can we contain the complaints about the marine focus in another post so we can actually get some useful info out of these threads?

Do we know if this is a focus on Istvaan 3 for the first book in the series, with subsequent ones focusing on other incidents?

I would be ecstatic if they did Istvaan 5 and covered the dropsite massacre. Maybe Iron hands would finally get some love, even if it is before they became the badass cyborgs they are now.

eldargal
06-09-2012, 11:15 PM
I'm not shutting anyone down, I have not belittled anyones opinion that there should be a HH series in fact I expressly solicited such opinions in my opinion piece in General. I also expressly stated it was just my opinion. So before you go casting aspersions you might want tocheck that they are accurate.

The pot calling the kettle black.

You complain about some people 'rights' to express themselves while constantly attempting to shut others down when your opinion disagrees with their opinion

Eldargal, your the 'poster child' of attempting to shut down and control discussion with your 'wit'.

Kataklysm
06-10-2012, 01:16 AM

Amen.

Though I am really not attempting to start a "rage war" on a stupid forum. I think it is easier to let her think she wins at everything. Lest you bring the wrath of a british woman with nothing better to do upon yourself.

Now on the topic of FW horus heresy stuff:
Do you really think that FW will release primarch models? The stats on them would be pretty unfair if they follow the fluff. "15 wounds on primarch unit no insta-kill, stregnth 30, hits any unit on a 2+ ect..."
It would be like having a baneblade on a 25mm base. lol.

eldargal
06-10-2012, 01:51 AM
So let's get this straight. I (and others) express my(their) opinion that a HH series of books would be a bad thing, someone else comes along and has a hissy fit saying anyone who doesn't like it is a whiner and makes him sick. I tell that person to calm down because everyone has a right to express their opinions Then someone else comes along and accuses me of trying to shut down debate and not let other people express their opinions. Right.:rolleyes:

There is nothing to win, everyone is entitled to an opinion and the right to express it without someone saying they make them sick. You are welcome to come here (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=22344) and discuss why you think it is a good or bad thing. Just keep it polite.

Kataklysm, FW have said they won't do rules for Primarchs because they would imbalance the game. But they said they probably wouldn't do the Horus Heresy either so god knows.

Denzark
06-10-2012, 03:55 AM
1. Kataklysm saying he is a xenos player and liking ALL FW releases is a sensible comment.

2. Had he confined himself to that view he would have maintained the moral high ground, but he decided to make a snarky comment about people making him sick.

3. EG's rejoinder was fair enough. Westside (is that because he is massive?) chipping in like Salacious Crumb just goes to prove that the old saying 'Manners Maketh Man' is entirely true.

As to Primarchs, I have stated before that the Apoc sheet for DP Angrin, at 500pts, is fairly balanced. If he got close to a reaver he would probably do it in hth. If they started at opposite ends of a 6ft table he probably wouldn't. Just as the SM profile doesn't match the fluff, I think this Primarch game profile is reasonable.

MajorWesJanson
06-10-2012, 06:08 AM
My thoughts on a FW Horus heresy series of books-

Potential book 1: Istvaan III/V- Marines vs marines. Lots of characters, old marks of armor, Land Raider Spartans, Contemptor Dreadnoughts, and other old school Marine units like Sabres, Hunters, Jetbikes, Mole Mortars, Fel Blades, Hercules, maybe Stormblades. Fw has mentioned plans to do a proper Marine superheavy.

Potential book 2: Martian Civil war. Original creation of the Heresy was to reuse models of the...Warlord titan. Also a good time to cover things that people have been demanding forever- Knights and Mechanicus forces. A book where they are on both sides would justify models for them.

Potential Book 3: Dark times- the 7 year period between Isstvan and Terra. BL is covering that right now, so FW could easily slot in. It also has a large variety of potential- Marines, Imperial Army, Daemons, and the various aliens who decided to take the opportunity to raid in the chaos.

Deadlift
06-10-2012, 08:13 AM
As a self confessed power armour fan I can't say I am disappointed that FW are going to go the HH route. Pre-heresy TDA is something most of us could dig in a big way. We may even get to see Custodes and Mechanicus models too.

However I can understand peoples frustrations about what is obviously a release centred around space marines in one form or other. It would be nice to see FW maybe release not just 1 line of models but maybe have another line that is centred around something else more xeno based. 2 ongoing FW 40k / 30k projects or releases run side by side should be possible surely. Or alternate releases between HH and the Xenos project.

As for primarchs, I think FW would be nuts not to release them. I would love to be able to paint one or two of these larger than life characters from some of my favorite fiction.

To those having a pop at Eldargal, ask yourselves how much have you contributed to the forums with insightful comments and rumours. I don't always see eye to eye with her on everything but at least what she has to say has merit and afore thought.

energongoodie
06-10-2012, 12:45 PM
To those having a pop at Eldargal, ask yourselves how much have you contributed to the forums with insightful comments and rumours. I don't always see eye to eye with her on everything but at least what she has to say has merit and afore thought.

What he said.

Kirsten
06-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Marines are a big amount of GW's sales, so of course they'll get the most love, but GW and FW do have an obligation to expand the other races too.

Well there is no obligation to do anything at all. You have to bear in mind that Games Workshop's games have always been human centered, A lot of Warhammer is from the perspective of the Empire, 40k is from the perspective of the imperium. I am not saying for a moment there should be fewer xenos releases, I love seeing the non human races get an update, but 40k has always been based around the marines, it is the iconic image, and clearly the side people are the most interested in. The Horus Heresy is the biggest event in the 40k timeline, and it centres around human civil war, it is the driving force of the whole game. I would quite like to see some Imperial Armour style heresy books personally, technical specs for stuff is always cool, and the books don't have to do anything drastic, I doubt they will be separate game systems after all, I expect they will be fairly similar to the badab war books.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-11-2012, 08:58 AM
According to bolsadmin they are incoming anyway! :D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-11-2012, 09:12 AM

I also agree, people should get a life. Others are entitled to opinions, even on the internet.
I wish that I had seen this sooner.

MarneusCalgar
06-11-2012, 10:12 AM
I also agree, people should get a life. Others are entitled to opinions, even on the internet.
I wish that I had seen this sooner.

Well boys, this is a forum.

With respect, EVERYONE´s free to talk, Eldargal or people who don´t agree with her...

Loken
06-11-2012, 01:36 PM
I for one can't wait, as IMHO any 30K is good 30K. And I am a total sucker for Forgeworld anything Marine.

Alec

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-12-2012, 01:59 AM
Well boys, this is a forum.
With respect, EVERYONE´s free to talk, Eldargal or people who don´t agree with her...

Sorry, I'm missing your point completely.

Saying "with respect" does not instantly give you permission to be rude.
Being on the internet does not instantly give you permission to be rude.
These two points combined does not instantly give you permission to be rude.

I like Marines, I like Xenos. I discriminate against neither. (except those darned Tyranoids! - Cassius)

You may notice that I'm never on after 5pm GMT, this is because I have things to do after work. :D

MarneusCalgar
06-12-2012, 03:14 AM
I´m telling you that in a forum, and BoLS is one of them, not a tyranny...

Everyone´s free to speak and give us the opinion.

And not everyone has to agree with that person.

You are critics with the people who is critic with Eldargal... Like if thinking different than her was wrong. And it isn´t.

Please let all the people who doesn´t want to make love to her give freely their opinions ok?

eldargal
06-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Marneus, you really have no idea what is going on do you?:rolleyes: I said everyone has a right to express themselves in response to someone who said everyone who disagreed with him made him sick. Then I was accused of tying to stifle debate. Everyone is free to express their opinions, they are not free to be extremely rude to anyone who disagrees with them.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-12-2012, 03:22 AM
Did I say that I was discriminating against anyone's opinion? No.

My point is that "the internet" is poor excuse to try and be rude to anyone.

And why does defending someone's beliefs mean that I instantly wish to engage in intercourse with them? That's sordid and irrelevant.

eldargal
06-12-2012, 03:26 AM
Why bother actually finding out what is going on or engaging in a thoughtful debate when you can accuse everyone of agreeing with a girl of having an ulterior motive?:rolleyes:

And why does defending someone's beliefs mean that I instantly wish to engage in intercourse with them? That's sordid and irrelevant.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-12-2012, 03:29 AM
Why bother actually finding out what is going on or engaging in a thoughtful debate when you can accuse everyone of agreeing with a girl of having an ulterior motive?:rolleyes:

It's at times like these that I hate the internet and despair for humanity. :(

I am an honourable man who stands up for anyone that I respect. Like psycho or wolfshade.

Deadlift
06-12-2012, 03:31 AM
Your wasting your time guys, playing devils advocate to justify what has been said is just as poor an excuse as for the rudeness that was intended.

As for the OT, I just realised FW could make a model of Straight Arrow Garrow. This would make me a happy fella.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-12-2012, 03:35 AM
Oh yes! I made a Garro model a while ago from the AoBR Captain, he looked cool.
I want to see Kharn and Ahriman.

And yes, I include you in my list of respected people Mr. Deadlift. :)

Wildeybeast
06-12-2012, 10:28 AM

Now who's being rude and judgemental? How dare you suggest that the internet intelgensia are the only ones capable of having an ulterior motive. I'm sure there are plenty of people here who make crass, ill thought out, moronic or just downright trolling comments that want to sleep with you as well. ;)

eldargal
06-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Fair point.

tleilax
06-13-2012, 03:32 AM
To go back to the rumour,
I don't know if it's mentioned somewhere else but on FW FB page to the following question: "Rumours are abound about a possible set of 3 heresy era rulebooks, the first coming out later this year. Are you able to say if there is any truth in this?"
the answer was:
"As we've mentioned on several occasions, we would love to explore the Horus Heresy at some stage, but it's such a huge area to cover that we can't say when or even if this would be."
It is very possible that this HH series does not see the days immediately...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-13-2012, 03:40 AM
Quite frankly, I don't even know what to believe about anything anymore. SQUAD BROKEN.

DrLove42
06-25-2012, 05:12 AM
Resurrection!

Maybe not anything, but theres an interview with FW in WD for Gamesday.

It ends cryptically by saying something like "and a big project that has never been seen before"

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-25-2012, 05:16 AM
Well, I guess that I'll have to have a probe at Games Day this year.