PDA

View Full Version : 40K Rulebook Collectors Editions - What would you want to see?

Wildeybeast
06-05-2012, 08:10 AM
The title says it all really. The new rules are imminent, so what (if anything) would you like to see in a 'collectors edition' alongside the bog standard rule book? The fantasy one had some fancy templates and measuring devices, as well as some stylised marker/token things, all contained in an Empire soldiers kit bag. I could see the 40k rules doing something similar in an IG style. But what would you like to see? Books with extra artwork maybe? Author signed copies? A 25th anniversary one that features the original RT ruleset? Do we think there even will be anything beyond the standard rulebook we all know and love?

eldargal
06-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Actually the collectors edition was made up like a tome, while it was the gamers edition that had the regular rulebook and all the bits stuffed in an Empire soldiers bag.

I'd like it made up like a nice Inquisitors tome, perhaps with a little pouch of trinkets like an Inquisitor might collect. An Eldar spirit stone, and Imperial Aquila, a Chaos star etc. Or a special miniature.

Wildeybeast
06-05-2012, 08:47 AM
So it was. I forgot they did two editions alongside the standard rulebook, I only picked up the gamers edition.

I like your suggestion for an Inquistors tome. They could actually theme the whole book around it, a treatise on the art of war and the myriad threats to the Imperium etc. And all the little trinkets could actually be designed to sevre a purpose in the game, wound counters and such like.

fuzzbuket
06-05-2012, 09:02 AM
id like a nice metal cover: like those steelbook collectors editions you get for video games :P also whatd be REALLY cool is if it were in a metal box with a slot for the rulebook+faqs, a slot for a codex and a slot for either a) a collectors edition single mini that came with the book (one for each race?) (like the old BL diaroamas?)
b) a small magnatised bit to store a small army (30 minis+ a tank or two?)

oh and a plinth, GW SHOULD MAKE FEKING PLINTHS!!!!

phoenix01
06-05-2012, 09:21 AM
The only thing I want on my 6th edition rule book is a reasonable price.

L192837465
06-05-2012, 09:28 AM
id like a nice metal cover: like those steelbook collectors editions you get for video games :P also whatd be REALLY cool is if it were in a metal box with a slot for the rulebook+faqs, a slot for a codex and a slot for either a) a collectors edition single mini that came with the book (one for each race?) (like the old BL diaroamas?)
b) a small magnatised bit to store a small army (30 minis+ a tank or two?)

oh and a plinth, GW SHOULD MAKE FEKING PLINTHS!!!!

5th edition collectors had the metal ammo box for bolter rounds that was awesome. I still have mine. it's sweet!

Wildeybeast
06-05-2012, 09:37 AM
I like the suggestions of osme kind of container. The gamers set of Warhammer has a satchel in the style of a soldiers kit bag which comfortably fits in extra army books, FAQs and army lists. Something similar would be good for 40k. As for plinths, how about an Imperial Aquilla style lectern to sit on the tabletop and hold your rulebook open?

I'd also like to see an edition which includes a download code for a digital copy (assuming they do one), though given how much those are going for that seems unlikely.

david5th
06-05-2012, 11:32 PM
5th edition collectors had the metal ammo box for bolter rounds that was awesome. I still have mine. it's sweet!

Same here, use it to transport all my dice, templates, tape measure etc.

daboarder
06-06-2012, 12:06 AM
I hope its like eldargirl says, with a limited print of rogue trader slipped in for the aniversary. I'll fork out the cash for a collectors if thats the case,

Wolfshade
06-06-2012, 02:19 AM
I would like to see a nice big colour picture gallary and big fluff section, dice, templates (not whippy sticks), counters.
A nice case to carry it all in would be nice.
Like the metal bolter one previously mentioned (any remember the cardborad plasma box?)

SotonShades
06-06-2012, 02:33 AM
Still using my plasma canisters box! It's a little frayed around the edges from moving house 3 times but still going strong. Mostly filled with bitz boxes lol.

So what do I want to see with 6th? I would love to see a Collectors Edition, but rather than an Inquisitors tome, I'd love to see a Chaos version, with a cover that looks like flayed skin. Though I suppose a chaos tome, pressed with some sort of Inquisitorial seal and a few purity seals would also be epic!

More Importantly, I'd love to see a good Gamers Edition. I still have my backpack and bits from the Apocolypse Gamers Edition. It is properely rugged, carries one small army case and has enough pouches for all of the books I need when I'm playing Apoc (usually 3 or 4 codicies, Apoc, Reload, a couple of Imperial Armours and the Big rulebook as the little one just gets lost lol) and the templates, dice, tapemeasure and glue. Just a shame it can't carry the other 5 or 6 cases of models I need :p

So yeh, something along those lines, with the rulebook, maybe some 40k themed dice (that are smaller than the big gun dice they did with Apoc) maybe some new fancy templates (not that I dont all ready have enough) and a good, rugged carry bag that will be the only useful thing in there!

Also, woot I made 1000 posts!

Wolfshade
06-06-2012, 02:53 AM
Congrats on the 1000th!
What I would love (but assume will never happen) would be getting the minirule book with the large one. That little one is so damned handy!
I've got my big gun dice, I usually use them for the big important things.

Deadlift
06-06-2012, 08:05 AM

Me too, I use mine to store my paints. My favorite though is the brown rucksack that was released with Apoc. I use mine all the time, I get odd looks :)