PDA

View Full Version : chaos play tester

bootstrapbill
06-03-2012, 01:34 AM
I have talked to someone who has play tested the new chaos and from what i was told the new book will be over 250 pages and there will be 30+ new plastic kits for chaos

Dalleron
06-03-2012, 01:43 AM
250 pages? I doubt that. Maybe what he had with notes and whatnot was that many pages, but I seriously doubt the final draft will be that big.

Maybe it will be close to the size of the SM codex. That was a beefy codex, though I have no idea of the number of pages.

DrLove42
06-03-2012, 01:53 AM
I call bull**** on both points. 200 pages would out it near the Big rule book thickness all current dexes are about 100.

Also 30+ new plastics? There arent going to be 30 units in the whole book, in any bookl
let alone all new and all in plastic

Deadlift
06-03-2012, 03:42 AM
I have talked to someone who SAID HE has play tested the new chaos and from what i was told the new book will be over 250 pages and there will be 30+ new plastic kits for chaos

I think someone may have been pulling your leg matey. I fixed your post in regards to that :)
Don't feel bad, there's plenty of bull ****ters in this hobby.

Defenestratus
06-03-2012, 04:31 AM
I have talked to someone who has play tested the new chaos and from what i was told the new book will be over 250 pages and there will be 30+ new plastic kits for chaos

Hahahhaah thanks, I needed a laugh this morning :-P

eldargal
06-03-2012, 05:30 AM
It is conceivable that the playtesting codex is 250 pages in length, but it is very, very unlikely that the finished product will be. The current range is 84-104 pages including 4th edition books (excluding the hilariously tiny Tau book with 64 pages), all the 8th edition army books and 5th edition codices except the 144 page Space Marines book are 96 pages I believe.

As for plastic kits, that is completely non-credible. That is more than an entire years allocation for plastic kits (2011 had around 13 plastic kits, 2010 23), and it doesn't make sense for a playtester to know what plastic kits are coming anyway.

_Ian
06-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Everyone is dismissing this post, yet here we are with GW releasing digital books. 250 page C:CSM is to be expected considering the length of today's digital C:SM.

Also, let's take a look at the claim of 30 kits-

If they completely remove all old kits with the exception of specials, and redo them as plastic that's

Oblits, Havocs, Raptors, Noise Marines, Plague Marines, Zerkers, Sons, Cultists, Dread

Pred, Raider, Vindi, Defiler, Bikers, Spawn, Marines, Rhino, Possessed, Termies, Lord, DP

9 new kits, plus that rumored dragon thingy :rolleyes: And if they do upgrade kits for termies to make them cults, that's either one kit or four new kits.

eldargal
06-03-2012, 07:54 AM
The digital C:SM is twice as many pages and then some because each print page translates to two digital pages and they have included the Stormtalon rules and perhaps some more pictures.

There are plenty of plastic kits they could make for Chaos and many other armies (like Eldar*), that doesn't mean they will or even have teh capacity to do so. The average number of plastic kits releases a year is around 18 per ruleset for 3-4 armies per year. The rumour says that Chaos would get all of 40k and WFB plastic kit allocation for an average year just for their release, giving them more plastic kits than Space Marines. It is simply not credible. Chaos will get half a dozen plastics in the first wave plus a whole bunch of Finecast and perhaps some more plastic in a later wave. They will not get 30 plastic kits in total, they certainly won't get them all at once.

Whomever it was that started this rumour clearly had no idea about how GW operates.

*Avatar, Seer Council, Autarch, Harlequins, Striking Scorpions, Howling Banshees, Fire Dragons, Wraithguard, Warp Spiders, Shining Spears (metal plastic hybrid), Swooping Hawks, Storm Guardians (metal plastic hybrid), Rangers and Dark Reapers. That is 14 not including new flyers.

Brandoncbaker
06-03-2012, 08:06 AM
The original post never stated that the 30 kits would be released in any specific timeframe,just that there will be 30

eldargal
06-03-2012, 08:13 AM
A playtester isn't likely to know anything about new plastic kits to begin with, the only way they could know is if they were allowed to use them. If they knew about thirty new kits through this method they would have to be near release or they wouldn't have gone into production. Even some of the more exceptionally accurate rumourmongers don't know if a kit more than few months out is necessarily going to be Finecast or plastic, there is no way anyone could know for certain the future range of Chaos plastics. Not unless they were in the plastic production and design department, which the rumour does not state.

MajorWesJanson
06-03-2012, 08:18 AM
Given that it is 6th, I could see a numbers of mini-sprues characters to boost the numbers. Quite a few options for Chaos Marines- Various aspiring champions, chaos lords, sorcerers, new things like dark apostles or warsmiths, cult leaders.

Mr Mystery
06-03-2012, 08:22 AM
I heard that every time you or your opponent break wind during a game, Nurgle units get +1 to all stats.

Everytime you have an inappropriate thought, Slaanesh gets the bonus. Everytime you get miffed, Khorne gets it, and everytime your opponent asks to take a movement back, or just does it, Tzeentch gets it.

eldargal
06-03-2012, 08:27 AM
True characters could certainly take up a few more slots, but we haven't even seen all the test range of plastic characters for WFB yet and last I heard GW were waiting to judge their success before making them for 40k.

bootstrapbill
06-03-2012, 08:40 AM
I think someone may have been pulling your leg matey. I fixed your post in regards to that :)
Don't feel bad, there's plenty of bull ****ters in this hobby.

Thanks for fixing my post I was kind of drunk when I posted.
From what was told that the new codex was going so big because trader guard and daemons are going to be in the book.
as far a the kits let me rephrase that, there will be 30 + new sculpts like they are designing most of the line.
If that guy was talking out of his *** he did a great job

eldargal
06-03-2012, 08:43 AM
Thirty new sculpts would certainly be entirely feasible. In fact it would be hard to see how they could do 4-6 plastic kits, 2-3 Finecast kits and a few characters (approximatley a standard codex release) without having 30 sculpts or more.

bootstrapbill
06-03-2012, 09:14 AM
If they are doing Chaos IG they will have to sculpt them and the chaos IG tanks as well so that will add to the count

eldargal
06-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Also, now that I think about it, the rumour just mentions 'Chaos', well that includes daemons as well. Not to mention the rumoured inclusion of traitor guard in C:CSM or their own codex. So it may not be too far from the truth, it just may not be 30 kits for one book.

bootstrapbill
06-03-2012, 09:33 AM
If the book is as big as the guy says that makes me think you might be able to mix and match traitor guard, marines and daemons

Chris Copeland
06-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Look at the number of pages that the new Digital Space Marine Codex has... perhaps that's were the initial high number noted comes from: digital pages (including all of the gallery pages and 360 degree rotation pages)... Cope

bootstrapbill
06-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Look at the number of pages that the new Digital Space Marine Codex has... perhaps that's were the initial high number noted comes from: digital pages (including all of the gallery pages and 360 degree rotation pages)... Cope

Dude don't ruin my dreams of meat shielding my noise marines with cultist :D

Uncle Nutsy
06-03-2012, 01:08 PM
well if it's going to be 250 pages, you can win a game by simply dropping it on the table after the opponent has deployed, and calling the resulting earthquake an "act of god"

:D

The AKH
06-03-2012, 01:56 PM
If they are doing Chaos IG they will have to sculpt them and the chaos IG tanks as well so that will add to the count

If they're smart, they'll handle that with an upgrade sprue.

Though come to think of it, that's not what they've done with Blood Angels or Space Wolves...