PDA

View Full Version : What i have wasted money on today - need help...

Denzark
06-02-2012, 03:16 PM
WOuld you believe, I popped out today with the Memsahib and Denzark the younger in tow, to look for a chest of drawers.

In one of my favourite little pits of furniture in darkest Norfolk, what caught my eye, but a 100CD changer Maestro Jukebox manufactured by Robin.

Haggling down to £50, smashed into the back of my car, pop smoke and home.

Now, the lights and the speakers work, but the JVC JD50 CD changer seems not to be playing although their is a power light.

Anyone know and UK based Jukebox experts???

(Long shot but stranger things have happened.)

Cheers all

eldargal
06-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Can't help at all, just wanted to register my approval of the use of the word 'Memsahib'.:)

Mud Duck
06-03-2012, 12:35 PM
My guess is that a good repair shop should be able to fix any problems with the cd player. I'm guessing that it is just the guts of a player in a nice new box. I'd call around.

Is it not playing or not changing disks, or both? Somethings on these systems you can fix with a little poking around.

And OK, what's 'Memsahib'? Wife? Girlfriend? Chief Procurement Officer?

Denzark
06-03-2012, 02:35 PM
For some reason, although the CD changer has a red LED showing in it, when you turn it on there is not the cranking and cycling I would expect.

The back of it has a lead that goes to what is the 'control board' - presumably where you type in your choice of songs. The control board PCB has a touch of corrosion so it may be this.

I can simply attach my Ipod to the red/white inputs and use it as NATO's biggest Ipod dock.

FYI, the Memsahib, aka 0A (zero alpha), the long haired colonel or Dragon Ops, is technically the bound concubine to the current Padishah Emperor, Denzark the First. Hope this clears things up.

Psychosplodge
06-05-2012, 04:45 AM
They're generally "throw away and buy a replacement" equipment, it might be uneconomically viable to actually repair, in the event parts are even available, on the basis of the labour charges...

L192837465
06-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Sounds to me like a power issue. You're dragging your system and the ohmage is probably too low (Or voltage.). I looked at the unit online just now , and I have a few options (because CDs are stupid)

1) it's bluetooth enabled. Just stream music to it that way from your Ipod/iphone.

2) it has a USB input. Get a flash drive (an 8 gig is something like $15) and just plug it in and it'll play through that.

3) It has a USB input. Just plug in your mp3 player directly. it charges and pulls the music that way.

Also, the JVC looks like it needs a JVC or like-brand to "read" the cd player. Possible firmware update may solve this.

Sorry you spent $100 on a CD changer... wherever you bought that from should be burned to the ground.

Nice choice on the head unit though!