PDA

View Full Version : Blood Tearers from a Battalion.

Deadlift
05-31-2012, 08:12 AM
Sigh just noticed the mistake in the title. Ment Flesh Tearers :0

Just a little advice please mateys.

After reading Tzeenchs Dark Agents thread about his battalion army I thought what a great excuse to start something new (again) and for me to take a break painting Salamanders. So before the prices go up tomorrow I ordered a space marine battalion, Seth and a bunch of flesh tearer transfers. I did look at the BA box but at £65 instead of £60 for 5 less models it didnt make sense.

However here's the rub, how would you kit these guys out to fit the Flesh Tearers feel and fluff.

I do have tons of spares to add to this, so converting say tacticals into more assault marines is no problem and I am sure I could kit the rhino out as a RB for Seth and an HG to rattle around in. Not looking for a "net list" just something fun to fit the Flesh Tearers theme.

Thanks in advance as always. You know your all a helpful bunch and I appreciate any and all thoughts on this.

DrLove42
05-31-2012, 08:17 AM
From memory, they're very bloodthirsty, so lots of chainswords. They're known to start killing civilians and allies if they're still in their battlerage after the battle.

Think they alos have to prove themselves in a rite of passage by effectivly hunting something thats similar to a dinosaur?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 08:23 AM
Hey man! Great to hear that you got inspired!

Flesh Tearers are fun, go all out on savagery. They love chainswords and various other close combat weapons.
Andy Smillie (gods damn him to hell) writes a lot about them for Black Library.

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 08:32 AM
For flesh tearers I would love to see some sargeants with buzz saws :D

Black Hydra
05-31-2012, 10:27 AM
Don't forget that their homeworld is a Death World of the highest caliber. It's filled with insanely big creatures such as dinosaurs, insects and whatnot. What does this mean for you models? Trophies. Just cut up a bunch of dino heads and take small skeleton models to adorn your vehicles with.

wittdooley
05-31-2012, 10:28 AM
I have Seth and his retinue in a Land Raider that they can pour out of and make angry murder.

It's a shame he's overlooked, because Seth is a CC demigod with a chappy and a priest attached.

AnEnemy
05-31-2012, 09:12 PM
You might want to get a Death Company box for the bits too...just saying.

Deadlift
06-01-2012, 01:18 AM
You might want to get a Death Company box for the bits too...just saying.

Luckily I have a ton of DC and SG bitz to add to this :)

Thanks guys for your replys........but, still looking for how best (fluff not comp) to "arm" these guys. I am thinking as you have said chain swords aplenty but would you convert all the marines to assault ? and what extra weapons would you use. I am thinking plenty of flamers.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-01-2012, 01:31 AM
Anything that screams "BRUTAL", the Flesh Tearers are known for having Sergeants with Buzz Saws (as Wolf explained)
Powerfists, Flamers, Meltaguns, Heavy Weapons, Dreadnoughts are all "BRUTAL".

Be aware that they are pretty desperate as they really only have 200 years to live before their geneseed becomes irrevocably unstable and even at this stage they cannot plant it into new recruits.
They suffer from a mutation in their gene-seed, making them far more prone to suffer the Black Rage than other chapters with Blood Angel gene-seed.
They also only have like 4 full companies remaining.

The Flesh Tearers were originally a standard Codex Chapter, but has over the millennia evolved into a pure assault force. Being obsessed with bloodshed often mean that they will close in on the enemy with utmost speed and engage in close combat. Flesh Tearers operations therefore have large numbers of assault marines and squads mounted in transports.

The low number of marines has also led to an unexpected diversity in skills among the Flesh Tearers, with each marine being proficient in tactical, devastator, vehicular and assault roles. The chapter has few vehicles apart from Rhinos and Razorbacks (a few Whirlwinds and one Baal Predator are also present).

Wolfshade
06-01-2012, 01:57 AM
I like the idea of the being a bit deperate so all verterans with trophies and random peices of armour welded (bonded?) together, and with everyone with a hint towards close combat if only carrying combat knives or having bolters with bayonets

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-01-2012, 02:00 AM
Bayonet charges for the win.

EDIT: I used to do Flesh Tearers by the way. :D