PDA

View Full Version : 40k vs. WFB or Paul vs. John

Admiral Kenaris
05-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Why are Fantasy players like John Lennon fans? Seriously, most McCartney fans have no ill will towards Lennon . But it seems John enthusiasts despise Paul. And, I see a parallel with GW gamers. 40k players seem to be at worst disinterested in WFB. The Fantasy folks have such an air of condescencion and arrogance as they push their lazy trays around (sarcasm). In particular, they see the upcoming 6th Edition rulebook for 40k to be their victory. What's up with all the hate fantasy players? You don't like "Hey Jude" that's fine. You can always go off and hum "All you need is love" if you need something more serious and meaningful.

jifel
05-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Hm... Im a huge John Lennon fan, but I've never hated Paul... either way, I guess the main point is the attitude of WFB players vs 40k players and vice versa. I haven't really talked to many WFB players (the local fantasy scene is nearly nonexistant) but I don't really care either way about WFB. I just don't want 6th to be too much like fantasy. But if I had to guess, Id say that more kids are 40k players the WFB players.

Admiral Kenaris
05-29-2012, 09:19 PM
I was probably being a bit sarcastic. It's not like there have been any rumbles or anything. Soc's vs. the Greasers!

eldargal
05-29-2012, 11:09 PM
In my personal experience it is the other way around, 40k players can get very condescending about why people would want to play 'another fantasy game' and whatnot. It is just another exampel of idioti nerd partisanship, I love both. I also love Star Wars AND Star Trek, which is anotehr exampel of silly partisanship.

Admiral Kenaris
05-30-2012, 12:22 AM
I also love Star Wars AND Star Trek, which is anotehr exampel of silly partisanship.[/QUOTE]

Hey, Star Wars is cool. It's those upstart BSG punks that I can't stand. ;-)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 01:06 AM
I, for one, haven't seen any hate like this at my local GW. We're all pretty chilled out with what 6th will bring, and we welcome our new alien overlords.

So long as Ward doesn't write the backstory. (especially for the Raven Guard or Sisters of Battle)

Psychosplodge
05-30-2012, 01:49 AM
Paul and john are both overated mediocre "musicians".

I'll watch ST but SW is better if you ignore the prequels...

I don't understand why there'd be a big fuss about which version of warhammer you play

Wolfshade
05-30-2012, 01:49 AM
It is all down to how we associate and interact within group situations.
We subdivide the group down into smaller and smaller groups.
Think an example of people who like music.
You then have this group divided into types, imagine one group "Rockers" who are fairly unified when talking to other top level groups, but when they interact within the Rocker group they then split and subdivide the music genre again, these groups are fairly unified when talking to other 2nd level groups but then split and divide when around others of their group and so it continues.
The same can be said for wargamers, or football fans or bread

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 01:54 AM
I love bread.

Psychosplodge
05-30-2012, 01:56 AM
mmmmm bread, now I want toast....

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 02:00 AM
What topping Psycho?

Psychosplodge
05-30-2012, 02:06 AM
Butter.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 02:18 AM
No jam? BLASPHEMY.

Psychosplodge
05-30-2012, 02:23 AM
Jam? Heretic!! Spoiling the purity of buttered toast with the abomination that is preserves!!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 02:36 AM
Hahaha! Another toast argument. Love it. :D

phoenix01
05-30-2012, 05:58 AM
Personnaly, i prefer English Muffins to toast. They are superior in every way to plain old toast and the nooks and crannies hold your topping so much better. And with the recent price increases in bread coming, I don't know why you'd continue to buy it.

Psychosplodge
05-30-2012, 06:02 AM
Well it's only a 150% increase, purely on the grounds of satisfying shareholders dividend, why would you question that?

Also the crumpet is far superior to any English muffin ever made.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 06:05 AM
Personnaly, i prefer English Muffins to toast. They are superior in every way to plain old toast and the nooks and crannies hold your topping so much better. And with the recent price increases in bread coming, I don't know why you'd continue to buy it.

Was that a comparison? :D

True that!

Wolfshade
05-30-2012, 06:16 AM
I do enjoy a bit of crumpet

Psychosplodge
05-30-2012, 06:19 AM
I do enjoy a bit of crumpet
*nudge nudge, wink wink*

Say no more, say no more...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 06:21 AM
I honestly though that it was a euphemism. :D

eldargal
05-30-2012, 06:37 AM
Fresh made crumpets with jam are rather delicious. Or just butter.

Psychosplodge
05-30-2012, 06:49 AM
Fresh made crumpets with jam are rather delicious. Or just butter.
There is no place for topping agnosticism, are you for the holy butter?

Or against us on the side of the vile preserve heretics?

eldargal
05-30-2012, 06:54 AM
Well I prefer butter on toast but I'm partial to gentlemans relish or marmalade at breakfast. I'm not sure I'm with holy butter unless you're referring to the stuff made with unhomogenised milk.:p

Psychosplodge
05-30-2012, 06:57 AM
Of course, listen not to the false prophet, and his disciples, the splitters, of the cult of margarine.
For they will lead you to a false unsatisfying limbo of butterlike spreads...

*I may possibly have gone insane with boredom today at work, or started a new religion...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 07:04 AM
Of course, listen not to the false prophet, and his disciples, the splitters, of the cult of margarine.
For they will lead you to a false unsatisfying limbo of butterlike spreads...

*I may possibly have gone insane with boredom today at work, or started a new religion...

http://images.wikia.com/weeblsstuff/images/0/08/Thetoastking.jpg

Toast King approves!

eldargal
05-30-2012, 07:05 AM
I've never eaten margarine in my life, my parents are philosophically opposed to it.

Psychosplodge
05-30-2012, 07:07 AM
:D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 07:10 AM
Philosophically opposed to margarine! Hahaha! :D

Demonus
05-30-2012, 07:16 AM
I was probably being a bit sarcastic. It's not like there have been any rumbles or anything. Soc's vs. the Greasers!

Stay Golden Ponyboy.

Ringo > Paul + John.

Psychosplodge
05-30-2012, 07:19 AM
Stay Golden Ponyboy.

Ringo > Paul + John.

lmao, thats like saying out of four sh*ts this is the best sh*t.

It doesn't matter it's still sh*t.

eldargal
05-30-2012, 07:22 AM
Well Ringo did voice Thomas the Tank so that is a pretty huge feather in his cap.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 07:24 AM
The Beatles were terrible to be fair, and so's Liam Gallagher for trying to follow in their shadow.

Psychosplodge
05-30-2012, 07:26 AM
Well Ringo did voice Thomas the Tank so that is a pretty huge feather in his cap.

It's his best work....

The Beatles were terrible to be fair, and so's Liam Gallagher for trying to follow in their shadow.

I really can't understand what the fuss about either is, every song is so bland and samey...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 07:29 AM
Agreed. So much agreement here.

Demonus
05-30-2012, 07:51 AM
Just curious as to your choices in music.
Also isnt it illegal for Brits to hate the Beatles?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 07:55 AM
If it was then I would be in jail for life. :D

I like anything from soft rock to black metal. Anything with guitars.

Examples: Muse, Rise Against, Lostprophets, Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, Metallica, Bullet for my Valentine, Limp Bizkit, Bloodhound Gang, Dope, etc etc

Wolfshade
05-30-2012, 07:56 AM

That is why he is the best beatle.

Wolfshade
05-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Also he doesn't make music anymore

Psychosplodge
05-30-2012, 08:01 AM
a wide range of metal/rock or variations of such ranging from apocalyptica, sonata arctica, turisas, lesbian bed death through the classics like maiden and sabbath, and the modern stuff like cradle of filth, soil, korn, and a7x with the exception of that ridiculous screamo angry emo crap like bmth, and wannabe maiden tribute acts like trvial and bullet for valantine...

Also some totally random stuff like voltaire, dresden dolls, soho dolls, johnny cash etc that doesn't really fit in with my overall music collection lol

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 08:03 AM
I hate BMTH. They suck.

I forgot about A7X! One of my favourite bands! :)

JonnyRoxtar
05-30-2012, 08:55 AM

Examples: Muse, Rise Against, Lostprophets, Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, Metallica, Bullet for my Valentine, Limp Bizkit, Bloodhound Gang, Dope, etc etc

You just lost your right to criticise.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 08:58 AM
What, may I ask, is wrong with Lostprophets?

How can you compare a Welshman and a Scouser in the same bracket?

Psychosplodge
05-30-2012, 09:05 AM
They're rocks equivalent of oasis...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 09:11 AM
I disagree with that to be honest, Ian Watkins isn't an award-throwing arse. I've met him and he's quite a cool guy to be fair.

Psychosplodge
05-30-2012, 09:15 AM
I meant bland and mediocre, Idk about the lead singer lol,
though I'm just bitter they closed DL08, but it was alrite in the end, Jonathan Davis was impressive on the third stage, first time I'd watched the last act on the 3rd stage on closing night....

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Suppose that you could really say that about Disturbed, all of their songs sound the same. They're still awesome though. :D

eldargal
05-30-2012, 09:17 AM
The only name I've recognised so far is 'Iron Maiden'.

Psychosplodge
05-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Suppose that you could really say that about Disturbed, all of their songs sound the same. They're still awesome though. :D

I used to say pretty much the same, till I saw them live...still wouldn't buy their stuff, but I would watch them again...

It's a start....I keep discovering new stuff at festivals :D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 09:23 AM

What music are you into?

eldargal
05-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Mostly classical, baroque some romantic (Tchaikovsky), a little traditional jazz, Beatles (:p) and oddly enough some Iron Maiden and Rammstein.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Hah! That was an interesting selection, then I glanced across "The Beatles", swore under my breath, and then it was made up by the last two. Hahahaha! :D

Psychosplodge
05-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Try some Apocalyptica, Epica, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Blind Guardian, and Leaves Eyes

Also Rammstein are the best live band I've ever seen...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Also Rammstein are the best live band I've ever seen...

TRUE. STORY.

And yeah, I've listened to a few of those bands.

Chris Copeland
05-30-2012, 09:48 AM
This is an interesting thread. It seems like it's all about nerd-on-nerd crime (sometime promoting it and sometimes trying to dissuade it): WFB nerds vs 40K nerds, music nerds versus other music nerds, and even some whole-grain nerdiness.

Isn't it time to stop nerd-on-nerd crime?! :P

PS I have so had it with those damn card floppers at my LGS! Ughghghgh! I totally look down upon them! Some day they'll graduate to a real form of gaming like tabletop wargaming or clix!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-30-2012, 09:52 AM
That's because Yugioh turns people into arseholes.

Chris Copeland
05-30-2012, 10:05 AM
I'll throw in my two cents: Cody Canada and the Departed (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_8?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=cody+canada+and+the+departed&sprefix=cody+can%2Caps%2C213) are the hardest rocking bad out there right now. I shan't disparage the Beatles (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_5?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=beatles&sprefix=beatl%2Cpopular%2C332), I think they did some great music... mostly before I was even born. However, I'd rather spend my cash on bands that are grinding it out in the here and now. After Cross Canadian Ragweed (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=cross+canadian+ragweed) broke up Cody Canada formed his new band Cody Canada and the Departed... and I'll put their music up against any rock out there these days... of course, it all boils down to taste, doesn't it? :)

PS I've also been giving Jason Eady (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_9?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=jason+eady&sprefix=jason+ead%2Cpopular%2C311&rh=n%3A5174%2Ck%3Ajason+eady&ajr=0)'s AM Country Heaven a lot of playtime recently...

Chumbalaya
05-30-2012, 10:21 AM
This thread makes my head hurt. People born after 1995 should not be allowed to use the internet.

lmao, thats like saying out of four sh*ts this is the best sh*t. It doesn't matter it's still sh*t.

The Beatles were terrible to be fair.

Wow.

Wow.

a wide range of metal/rock or variations of such ranging from apocalyptica, sonata arctica, turisas,lesbian bed death through the classics like maiden and sabbath, and the modern stuff like cradle of filth, soil, korn, and a7xwith the exception of that ridiculous screamo angry emo crap like bmth, and wannabe maiden tribute acts like trvial and bullet for valantine...

Also some totally random stuff like voltaire, dresden dolls, soho dolls, johnny cash etc that doesn't really fit in with my overall music collection lol

Make it stop. Make it stop.

And for the record, Paul is a whore.

Chris Copeland
05-30-2012, 10:41 AM
And for the record, Paul is a whore.

A talented, talented whore... :P

Chris Copeland
05-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Chum, you should be able to catch Cody Canada and the Departed and Jason Eady in your neck of the woods from time to time... both play around here fairly regularly... Cope

Admiral Kenaris
05-30-2012, 10:49 AM
And for the record, Paul is a whore.[/QUOTE]

A John fan. See, I told you guys.

Psychosplodge
05-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Isn't it time to stop nerd-on-nerd crime?! :P

Because how else would we spend time? It's ok we all unite against outsiders lol

People born after 1995 should not be allowed to use the internet.

That's the best idea I've heard in good long while...

Defenestratus
05-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Personally, I don't see a WFB vs 40k faction friction - its usually the PP players impugning the intelligence of 40k players. Calling it a "kid's game".

Chris Copeland
05-30-2012, 11:34 AM
I play Warmachine, 40K, WFB, LoTR, Firestorm Armada, and FoW. Whilst Warmachine is my favorite game, 40K comes in at a strong 2nd place finish with me. I see Warmachine as a better balanced game with superior mechanics. I think that 40K is a looser game with better fluff. It's all about tastes and preferences...

I'd never disparage 40K players (I am a 40K player). I'm always willing to discuss why I think WM is a better game...

Wildeybeast
05-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Wow, this thread ran away with itself didn't it?

Ok, my two pence worth (all based on my personal views and those of people I know).

There doesn't seem to be much friction between the game systems. Most people I know play both or would do if they had the time/money to. Some people prefer the way one plays to the other and don't really like the other, but I don't know of any antagonism or condecension.

Crumpets are best with marmite.

Beatles love in the UK isn't as massive as you might think. People tend to like their stuff and respect what they did for music and the influence they had on the those that followed rather than being absolutely in love with them.

Admiral Kenaris
05-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Well, it's not really separate factions as the Fantasy guys all play 40k as well. They do tend to carry themselves as the groups within the group however. And, they are kind of being smug right now because they are convinced that 40k is about to be "fantasized". But hey, if the punks over at the Magic table wanna make trouble I'm sure all the GW guys will set aside their differences and go teach those 14 yr. olds a lesson!

Chris Copeland
05-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Crumpets are best with marmite.

When it comes to grain-based goods I am firmly in the "Corn Tortilla" camp. I can't believe ANYONE would choose flour tortillas over corn tortillas! What kind of ar$ehole would choose flour tortillas over corn tortillas?! I swear: it's like they don't even know what good food is!

(All of that talk about crumpets and English muffins got me thinking about my own regional cuisine... yum!)

Chris Copeland
05-30-2012, 12:01 PM
...if the punks over at the Magic table wanna make trouble I'm sure all the GW guys will set aside their differences and go teach those 14 yr. olds a lesson!

Right! I'm sick of those card-floppin' nerds!

Wildeybeast
05-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Well, it's not really separate factions as the Fantasy guys all play 40k as well. They do tend to carry themselves as the groups within the group however. And, they are kind of being smug right now because they are convinced that 40k is about to be "fantasized". But hey, if the punks over at the Magic table wanna make trouble I'm sure all the GW guys will set aside their differences and go teach those 14 yr. olds a lesson!

Can't say I've experienced any of that and anyone getting superior on the basis of some rumours which should come with a government health warning about their salt content is just a tool full stop and should be ignored.

Admiral Kenaris
05-30-2012, 12:06 PM
(All of that talk about crumpets[/QUOTE]

Ok, I did not even know what crumpets were until I looked them up just now. But damn, count me in.

sverigesson
05-30-2012, 12:10 PM
How about bagels? Anyone? Anyone? Too late?

The AKH
05-30-2012, 01:58 PM
How about bagels? Anyone? Anyone? Too late?

While we're at it, what about George?

Demonus
05-30-2012, 02:10 PM
You just lost your right to criticise.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw Linkin Park and Limp Bisquick.

mikethefish
05-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Personally, I don't see a WFB vs 40k faction friction - its usually the PP players impugning the intelligence of 40k players. Calling it a "kid's game".

Nothing to say about 40k players constantly impugning the models and fluff of PP's creation?

Honestly the whole PP vs GW nerd factionalism thing is incredibly tiresome. Both sides are equally guilty of lameness

jifel
05-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Complaining about the Beatles is like complaining about Grey Knights. Comparing your favorite music to them isn't even fair. They're just THAT MUCH better than everything else around. But wait, now imagine that Grey Knights dont get an update for 40 years, but from now until then, they're STILL the best army around, for 40 years, without an update. Now, you have the Beatles in 40k.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 01:00 AM
What the actual f*ck??? You are saying that The Beatles made a bigger contribution, and are better than, Queen? Lordy lordy are you special.
The British public appreciates Queen (and by extension Freddie Mercury) much more than they appreciate the Beatles.

Seeing as barely any of you are British I doubt that you'd understand what we like and respect as a country.

Also, Chumbalaya, I was born in 1992. Way to go buddy. :D

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 02:09 AM
I've told you before Tzeentch, you are too young.
My favourite part is when people say "How can you like band X they are awful!?" and then mention what "good" bands are, and then the other person is like "No, they are awful, X are brilliant!".
(Un)fortunately we have the freedom to decide what we listen to (unless those kids with their awful music are outside again inflicting a barrage of noise that a noise marine would have been proud of).
And for the record marmite is wrong

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 02:13 AM
I'm unsure what marmite's purpose is. It seems like it's sole purpose is to make people disgusted...

I do suppose that it's all about opinion at the end of the day, but facts are facts, Queen made more money than the Beatles.

I am glad to be young, even if I feel like I'm 45. :D

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 02:21 AM
Weren't they [Queen] the first western band to release an album in Iran?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 02:25 AM
That wouldn't surprise me, Freddie was a flamboyant man.

Psychosplodge
05-31-2012, 02:25 AM
I've told you before Tzeentch, you are too young.
My favourite part is when people say "How can you like band X they are awful!?" and then mention what "good" bands are, and then the other person is like "No, they are awful, X are brilliant!".
(Un)fortunately we have the freedom to decide what we listen to (unless those kids with their awful music are outside again inflicting a barrage of noise that a noise marine would have been proud of).
And for the record marmite is wrong

Just remember, "you're all entitled to your wrong opinion...."

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 02:36 AM
My opinion matters; because I'm an individual on the internet!

Psychosplodge
05-31-2012, 02:52 AM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 03:09 AM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

The number of times that I have sent people to that link/posted it etc is really quite high

Psychosplodge
05-31-2012, 03:18 AM
I love that link, I think I must have posted it on here half a dozen times before lol

Chris Copeland
05-31-2012, 05:36 AM
What the actual f*ck??? You are saying that The Beatles made a bigger contribution, and are better than, Queen? :D

Er... um... yeah. I won't touch the better part, but the bigger contribution part is easy. It's a historical fact. The Beatles led the British Invasion of the 1960s and were a force that changed the course of modern music. This isn't worth arguing about. Again: it's history.

We can discuss whether Queen or the Beetles are the better band. That's a discussion about opinions. The Beetles place in history and their influence on all following popular music acts isn't.

Cheers. Cope

PS I love both bands.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 05:45 AM
I'm not going to get into an argument here. *stands up* I'm out. *walks away*

Psychosplodge
05-31-2012, 05:50 AM
They're still crap...

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 05:52 AM
They're still crap...

That's what she said

Psychosplodge
05-31-2012, 05:55 AM
lol...........no what she said was harder, harder, right there, no you had it then, there, there, don't stop.......again? you selfish b*stard

I should have probably rephrased that to overated rather than crap...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 06:04 AM
That's what she said.

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 07:25 AM
lol...........no what she said was harder, harder, right there, no you had it then, there, there, don't stop.......again? you selfish b*stard
I see you have fought over the last chocolate hobnob aswell

Psychosplodge
05-31-2012, 07:38 AM
I see you have fought over the last chocolate hobnob aswell
How did you guess?

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 07:47 AM
I've been in similiar situations

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 07:55 AM
In other news! I decided to change my avatar to more fit my position as Tzeentch's vassal.

Praise be to Tzeentch.

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 07:59 AM
In other news! I decided to change my avatar to more fit my position as Tzeentch's vassal.
You do know Vassal doesn't support 40k any more?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 08:02 AM
You do know Vassal doesn't support 40k any more?

:mad:
I am mad, bro.

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 08:33 AM
Sorry, I like word play :p

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 08:40 AM
I wasn't being serious! :cool:

Chris Copeland
05-31-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm not going to get into an argument here. *stands up* I'm out. *walks away*

Well done. That is often the best thing to do on the interwebz. Cheers!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 08:50 AM
I'm too relaxed to argue, especially with someone of your stature and reputation. :D

L192837465
05-31-2012, 10:04 AM
You're all wrong, Justin Beiber is OBVIOUSLY the greatest thing to ever happen to music in the history of notes.

(For those that care, Baby alone has more hits than every beatles song on Youtube combined. -> True story!)

On a serious note, LMFAO are also amazing.

Also, f*** off if you don't like it. I'll listen to Britney Spears in my car if I want to. In fact, I may jam out to SNSD the whole bolscon weekend.

\Obviously joking about Beiber
\\Not about the rest.

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 11:28 AM
Snsd?

Chris Copeland
05-31-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm too relaxed to argue, especially with someone of your stature and reputation. :D

Well played. ;) Good gaming and good listening to ya...

Admiral Kenaris
05-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Wow, a thread that I started lasted for over a hundred posts. I can't take all of the credit of course. The thread rapidly descended into a number of sub discussions like bread (um, bread), whether Queen is actually better than the Beatles, crumpets-wait, that's part of the bread (um, bread) discussion, and GW players as a whole rule and are the alpha nerds. For yours truly this probably good for a nerd level up.

btw... there is no effing way Queen is better than the Beatles

Chris Copeland
05-31-2012, 03:20 PM
btw... there is no effing way Queen is better than the Beatles

Well, at that point you are working with an opinion that is truly about musical taste. It's not provable and verifiable. If you'd said, "There's no ****!ng way Queen is more historically significant than the Beatles" then we'd have a different conversation (and you'd be right, of course, to say something like that). Queen was a significant band as were the Beetles... that doesn't mean that we cannot compare the historical signifigance of one to the other. By way of analogy: WW2 was significant as was the Vietnam War. However, one was more significant historically than the other. :) Cheers...

jifel
05-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Hm... Well, Queen or Beatles... well, Id rather listen to any Beatles song on my iPod, but Id rather go to a Queen concert. Freddie was wierd as a three dollar bill, but damn was he good! Still, seeing as I can't really see either of them, Id say Beatles.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Well played. ;) Good gaming and good listening to ya...

*takes a bow* Thank you sir.
If I'm ever in San Antonio I'll expect a wargame-related beating. ;)

EDIT: On a serious note, yes, LMFAO are legendary.

Renegade
06-01-2012, 06:43 AM
I love bread.

Which bread (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zU3-_BjuX0)?:D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-01-2012, 06:47 AM
Hahahahaha! Depends really, I prefer a brown seeded bread for sandwiches, but I prefer white toast.

Renegade
06-01-2012, 06:57 AM
What the actual f*ck??? You are saying that The Beatles made a bigger contribution, and are better than, Queen? Lordy lordy are you special.
The British public appreciates Queen (and by extension Freddie Mercury) much more than they appreciate the Beatles.

Seeing as barely any of you are British I doubt that you'd understand what we like and respect as a country.

Rock gets so repetitive after awhile, like all cheap tarts. Unfortunately, the most innovative music contracted the music version of AIDS (known as pop) and died in 1999... The good stuff (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csh33-yTh0M)

Deadlift
06-01-2012, 07:02 AM
Hm... Well, Queen or Beatles... well, Id rather listen to any Beatles song on my iPod, but Id rather go to a Queen concert. Freddie was wierd as a three dollar bill, but damn was he good! Still, seeing as I can't really see either of them, Id say Beatles.

Nope you all have it so wrong, The Eagles are far and away the best band ever to exist. And as a bonus their still all alive too :p

As for WFB, all those big blocks of infantry make the game look like a table top version of tetris. 40k for me and a touch of warmahordes. I don't have time for anything else :)

Psychosplodge
06-01-2012, 07:06 AM
Nope you all have it so wrong, The Eagles are far and away the best band ever to exist. And as a bonus their still all alive too :p

Not that it matters, as their idea of a perfect live performance is it sounding identical to the recorded version :confused:

Wolfshade
06-01-2012, 07:08 AM
I looked at getting into WFB but I couldn't decide which army to get.
I wanted an elite army (as I have painting issues) which didn't have much oncovered flesh (as I have painting issues) so was looking at Bretonnia but a lot of the range for them is still metal, I've subsequently been told that they have an old book.

Also DL:

And as a bonus they're still all alive too
:p

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-01-2012, 07:11 AM
Oh Wolf, you Grammar N4zi...

Deadlift
06-01-2012, 07:13 AM
Not that it matters, as their idea of a perfect live performance is it sounding identical to the recorded version :confused:

I dont know about that lol, I saw them live at the NIA about 5-6 years ago and they were really good. Joe Walsh and his head camera was lots of fun especially when he was eyeing up the boobage in the front row.

I suppose as a Brit I am expected to prefer the Beatles, Queen and The Stones etc, but I personally think the Americans with their brand of rock/blues really hits the spot for me. Early ZZ Top, Joe Bonamassa, BB King are a few that make music that makes me happy :)

Deadlift
06-01-2012, 07:14 AM
I looked at getting into WFB but I couldn't decide which army to get.
I wanted an elite army (as I have painting issues) which didn't have much oncovered flesh (as I have painting issues) so was looking at Bretonnia but a lot of the range for them is still metal, I've subsequently been told that they have an old book.

Also DL:

:p

yeah yeah, I know. Obviously, not well enough :p. The Mrs is the brains in our relationship. I just carry the shopping.

Wolfshade
06-01-2012, 07:19 AM
Sorry, in report proof reading mode.
Thinking about the sound qualtiy it is very hard to try and get a sound quality in an arena (esp open air) that matches that of the recording studio. Though that is more down to the geometry (acoutic properties) of the venue. I remember seeing Rob Zombie a little while ago and I was in the balcony, the sound was brilliant for the people in the pit, but up on the balcony the high frequencies were too attenuated and so some of the subtlties of the sounds cape were lost, especially with the support act (though that was no great loss imo)

Psychosplodge
06-01-2012, 07:35 AM
. Joe Walsh and his head camera was lots of fun especially when he was eyeing up the boobage in the front row.

I suppose that's the point of becoming a rock star isn't it?

I just carry the shopping.

And crush heads?:D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Crush heads - LIKE A BOSS.

L192837465
06-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Snsd?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_gfD3nvh-8 <-- all the amazing kpop your eyes can handle.

\Good music, too

\\Mmmmmmm Jessica...

Wolfshade
06-01-2012, 08:06 AM
kpop - I am scared

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-01-2012, 08:08 AM
I'm scared too...

Psychosplodge
06-01-2012, 08:11 AM
That's scary on so many levels...

Wolfshade
06-01-2012, 08:17 AM
I'm scarred.

Deadlift
06-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Isnt that the band (I use the word loosely) that introduced a new member that was a hoax and she or it turned out to be a computer generated composite of the real members combined into one CG girl.

Psychosplodge
06-01-2012, 08:22 AM
IDK if it was that band, but it was probably definitely a Kpop act...

L192837465
06-01-2012, 08:25 AM
And also amazing.

I don't have to justify my likes to you geeks :p

Jessica, marry me?

Also, Sherlock - Shinee is astonishingly good. My roomie who hates Kpop even said it was good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kyG5tTZ1iE&ob=av3e

Chris Copeland
06-01-2012, 08:37 AM
...I don't have to justify my likes to you geeks :p

Oh L19... you live in the Live Music Capitol! You can't throw a rock in Austin without hitting a kick-*** act... K-Pop? Really? Reallllllllllly? :P Cope

L192837465
06-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Oh L19... you live in the Live Music Capitol! You can't throw a rock in Austin without hitting a kick-*** act... K-Pop? Really? Reallllllllllly? :P Cope

Oh, Don't get me wrong, I love every SRV wannabe hick jerkwad that plays in every bar in Austin. [/sarcasm]. Most of the best music scenes are all underground new wave electronica, which has more in common with Kpop than most anything.

Not all Kpop, but Shinee, TVXQ, SNSD, some BEG... It's good music. To me at least.