PDA

View Full Version : The next project!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-28-2012, 05:57 AM
For my 2nd thread for the day, I appear to be stuck at a crossroads.
I'm trying to decide what, from the many ideas, I should do next.
My next project is to be a small army, roughly 1000-1500 points, that I want to be a building and painting challenge. I do not want power armour particularly.

The main armies that I'm looking at are:

Dark Eldar (don't know what to have in the army)
Orks (refer to a previous thread)
Tzeentchian Blood Angels (for mine and my mate's Alternate Heresy project)
Ordo Malleus (NOT Grey Knight spam, no Dick-go-wing here)

But I'm open to public ideas, I'd ideally like to paint a challenging colour; white, yellow, or red.
Also, if you have a suggestion for a fun Dark Eldar list, I'd like to hear it.

DrLove42
05-28-2012, 06:04 AM
Greta thing about De is theres so much variety, and you can build whatever you want and have it still competitive

Kabal? Wychs? Hemonculi Coven? Street Gangs? Or a mix. You also have the benefit of 1 (soon to be 2) of the nicest fliers available, and the prospect of a Forge World Book in a few years

Orks - I'd look at doing a Dread Mob from their Imp Armour.

Ordos are difficult. I looked at it the other day, from a Ordo Xenos point. You have to take Corteaz, or you can't take henchmen as troops. And they're the ONLY inquisition, not grey knights in the book. So that army will become Cortez, another inquisitor, and chimeras full of guys. And then Grey Knights dreads and stuff. Boring unless you want to do a lot of conversion and fluff writting to give the inquisition units the "count as" the GK equivilents.

Blood Angels - Well they're power armour. As an aside, BA wouldn't have fallen to Tzeentch. Like Wolves, they''ve got Khorne written in big bloddy letters all over them. Have you ever read the Dornian Heresy that someone put out a while back?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-28-2012, 06:34 AM
Blood Angels - Well they're power armour. As an aside, BA wouldn't have fallen to Tzeentch. Like Wolves, they''ve got Khorne written in big bloddy letters all over them. Have you ever read the Dornian Heresy that someone put out a while back?

Yeah, I have read the Dornian Heresy, a good bit of writefag there.
Me and my friend (henceforth known as Tom) are doing another heresy alternative where the Emperor did things a little bit differently which had an affect on what the Primarchs did.

Instead of kidnapping Angron, the Emperor let him have his final stand, which mellowed him out a bit. The World Eaters instead use various methods of art to express anger.
When the Word Bearers were called to meet the Emperor he accepted the fact that lesser beings may revere him as a god, so Lorgar was never tempted to find another faith. Erebus was killed before this point, and never seeded doubt amongst the legion.
The Emperor's admittance of being a god made Horus jealous, and this seeded in him, resulting in him still being the arch-traitor, but it happened 200 years later.
The Council at Nikea was never summoned, so Magnus never fell to Chaos.
Fulgrim (still an arrogant arse) spent more time with Ferrus and Sanguinius, and was able to convince them to turn traitor. Ferrus was ever seeking perfection, which made him an easy target for the perversions of Slaanesh. Tzeentch had lost his chosen disciple, and so turned to the next most powerful psyker, Sanguinius, who graciously accepted Tzeentch's offer of power.
Leman Russ was sent back to Fenris as there was no quarrell with the Thousand Sons, from there he grew envious, and decided to have a huge festival on Fenris to cheer himself up, basically he became so gluttonous that Nurgle went 'Hey, this looks like a good shindig', and showed up to befriend Russ, who had been abandoned so rashly.

There is a LOT more, but I can't be arsed to type it.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
05-28-2012, 08:13 AM
The Blood Angels are known for having many low-level Psykers (mainly precognition-focused) in their ranks, so it certainly sounds plausible. I'd recommend going for the Tzeentchian Angels, Tzeentch marines tend to be pretty fun. Perhaps their inherent artfulness affects how they react to mutations and how the mutations develop, which could be fun.

eldargal
05-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Dark Eldar > more Marines.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Dark Eldar > more Marines.

A valid point. I do really want to see what the white from the latest White Dwarf would look like on Dark Eldar...

Also, a fast CC army is a bit of variation from Marines and Necrons.

mountford92
05-28-2012, 09:11 AM
perhaps the sisters of silence, both an inquisitorial style force and heresy era without being the standard power armour.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Good suggestion Sam, also welcome to the Forum! I presume you like my signature?

mountford92
05-28-2012, 09:15 AM
yeah i do, we also need tom, ian, brian and chris on here with the same signature, maybe we can make it into a movement.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Chris on the internet? Is that flaming meteorites outside?

I believe that Tom was on BoLS at one point. Didn't like the metagamers.

eldargal
05-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Sisters of Silence are a very conversion heavy army, one of my brothers is doing them.

Dark Eldar. You know you want to.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Sisters of Silence are a very conversion heavy army, one of my brothers is doing them.

Dark Eldar. You know you want to.

See my PM ;)

Deadlift
05-28-2012, 03:42 PM
DE, Carnival of Flesh. Those Wracks, Grotesques, Scourges,Talos and Cronos models are my favourite of the bunch and something I aim to do myself :)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-29-2012, 01:03 AM
I was talking to a friend last night about a couple of lists, and then he got pissy when I said that I wanted to convert Wracks. So it kinda put me off of the idea... :(

mountford92
05-29-2012, 05:17 AM
which one dale?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-29-2012, 05:24 AM
Forrester, he said that it doesn't do the aesthetic of the Wrack justice to use Ghouls, he then apologised after he went offline for about 20 mins.

I kinda like the list that I posted, based around Sliscus.
I'll work out a Carnival of Flesh list tonight and see which I like better.

eldargal
05-29-2012, 05:28 AM
The great thing about DE constructs and beasts is that you can use pretty much whatever you like. Haemonculi are masters of their craft and there is no reason to assume wracks will always look like Eldar while they arei nthe process of apprenticing to a haemonculus. With beasts DE go everywhere so any wild beast model you like can be proxied for something.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-29-2012, 05:30 AM
That's what I said, plus, 30+ Wracks in that pose would be terrible and dull.