PDA

View Full Version : Compiled 6th ed

DarkLink
05-27-2012, 04:37 PM
We've got a lot of 6th ed rumors, but they're scattered around different threads, so I copied the Dude's compilation on Warseer:

As most, if not all of you, are now aware the GW are (rumoured) to be releasing the Sixth Edition of Warhammer 40,000 this year. The purpose of this thread is to have one point of reference on WarSeer for rumours relating to the new release.

Please note this thread is for the discussion of genuine 'rumours' and not for the discussion of the validity of 'leaked' ruleset which apparently is a hoax.

Any, and, all off-topic posts and spam will be deleted without notice.

A summary appears below.

Rules changes

20 June 2011

Space Wolves blog posted a bunch of stuff. Many of these match up with stuff from the “leaked” PDF, so it can be assumed they were either its inspiration, or this series of posts was somehow laying groundwork for the “leak”

Bloodofkittens user Rideroftheerk posted a bunch of stuff from around July 2011 which you can read for yourself:

http://bloodofkittens.com/network/me...rideroftheerk/

http://bloodofkittens.com/network/me...ctivity/14767/

http://bloodofkittens.com/network/me...ctivity/14713/

http://bloodofkittens.com/network/me...ctivity/14616/

13 Jan 2012

Frontline Gaming claimed the "leaked" rule-set was legitimate and "the culmination of a master plan that has been in the works for years."

The claim is that 6th would see "a move towards a core rule set that they can rely on for a long period of time, updating with FAQ’s and Erratas as needed."

I'll interject, in that TasteyTaste (Frontline's main source for this) is now convinced that the leaked document is a fake.

StraightSilver posted the following on 15 Jan 2012

Originally Posted by StraightSilver
The rumours I have heard are:

The game will have a much heavier concentration on infantry, which will become far more effective and more viable (to try to steer players from mechanised armies - 5th was edition of the transport, 6th is edition of the basic trooper)

Force organisation slots will go in favour of percentages as in earlier editions of 40K / Fantasy.

Shooting with infantry will be far more effective. If stationary troops will be able to fire twice at long range, 3 times at close range.

These were all rumours (and probably just that) I had heard before the supposed leaked rules, but the leaked rules seem to back these rumours up.

Of course these rumours have been around for a while and it's possible they could have been incorporated into the leaked rules, assuming they are a hoax.
29 April 2012

The following was posted on Faeit 212 from "Grant":

Originally Posted by Grant
*Vehicles use "hull points" in 6th. If a vehicle has 3 hull points it will die after 3 shaken results, but it can still explode after 1 shot as normal.

*All cc weapons have AP values in 6th similar to what was in the fake 6th ed rule book leak.

*There are going to be no different levels of Eternal Warrior either.
Faeit 212 aslo posted the following, likely gathered from other sites:

Originally Posted by Faeit 212
-Hardcover book (just like Fantasy army books)

6th Edition

-Many of the general concepts from magic from Warhammer Fantasy are coming to Warhammer 40,000.

-There will be "lore equivalents"

-Psychic powers will be generated randomly by psykers (like fantasy)

-Entirely new rules for constructing army lists (~Look at Fantasy for hints)

-The FOC may be history
5 May 2012

Blood of Kittens posted that there would be certain fluff changes whereby the Ultramarines were charged by the Emperor with protecting an "unknown race" who were "resistant to Chaos" and would therefore somehow save humainty.

The also claimed the following changes:

Originally Posted by Blood of Kittens
*Every unit gets a 6+ save vs. all Psychic Powers.

*Random Charge Lengths are in

*Pre-measuring is in.

*Random Battle field effects are in.

*All armies can purchase buildings for placement on the battlefield.

*Psychic powers are selected during deployment. (except Grey Knights)

*Deployment and Missions types have doubled.
This was topped off with a claim that allies would return, specifically saying:

Originally Posted by Blood of Kittens
That is right allies are back in and this will be according to fluff and will have certain restrictions. So for instance Tyranids will not have any allies. Tau with all Space Marine Chapters. Necrons with Blood Angels. Imperial Guard with Space Marines. Chaos Space Marines with Demons. If it fits the fluff it will be done.
Captain Idaho points out that this information seems to be designed specifically to fit around certain recent contravercial fluff pieces, saying:

Originally Posted by Captain Idaho
Of course, we all know some rubbish could be made up to solve the "problem" but I call bunk on this one. It's just a "Hater" making up rubbish to troll people based upon internet reaction to Calgar letting some Tau evacuate a planet about to be destroyed. Same as people reacted badly to Blood Angels teaming up with Necrons (ignoring the fact they just stopped shooting at each other and withdrew) and now we have a rumour from the same source that Blood Angels can ally with Necrons.
6 May 2012

The following was posted on Faeit 212 from "Grant"

Originally Posted by Grant
Snap fire - allows a unit to shoot at an attacking unit at bs 1 prior to being assaulted.

Rhino's have 3 hull points, Landraiders and the defiler have 4. Any damage chart result other than wrecked or explodes will take 1 hull point away.

HQ's can now challenge each other just like in fantasy. This must be accepted by opponent or is played normal. HQ that wins, wins the assault for his unit
9 May 2012

Bell of Lost Souls posts the following:

Originally Posted by Bell of Lost Souls
-There will be at least 4+ "Disciplines" of Psychic Powers in the game. (WFB has 8 lores)
-Disciplines seem to fall roughly along the lines of the sects described in the novel "A Thousand Sons" as used by the Heresy-Era chapter.
-Each Discipline will have a "Default" power and a set of others that you will roll for each game.
-Number of rolls you get and the the exact details of which powers you end up with are said to be similar to WFB 8th's power selection mechanic.
-Powers have a "Casting Cost" that is different from the mechanic used in WFB 8th.
-Certain 6th Codices will add additional racial specific Disciplines.
17 May 2012

In this video, Beasts of War claim that shooting wound allocation will change to require players to allocate wounds to models closest to the shooters first.

18 May 2012

theLastWulfen claimed that:

Originally Posted by theLastWulfen
Every battle report "this" year in the White Dwarf has used 6th edition rules.
Analyze the battle reports and you will see the direction of the new 6th edition rules.
They did the same with the 5th edition, it was really obvious with the Apocalypse books.
Instead of all this wild speculation, examine and analyze the battle reports.
Use analytical deduction rather than emotional reactivity.

Release date:

This image was seen some time ago, and appears to indicate July 14 as the date for the release of the 6th Edition rulebook.

It is generally accepted now that the main release should be in July 2012

Most recently, Darnok has piped in on this:

Originally Posted by Darnok
Without a quote this time, but I wanted to note that another birdy has confirmed 40K 6th edition for July.
And on 20 May 2012:

It seems there are some 40K releases scheduled for June, including the new rulebook, templates, dice and either markers or cards for psychic powers. Cheers to the birdy!
The starter box is less certain, with some suggesting it will drop around the same time as the new edition:

Originally Posted by Ragnar69
A good friend of mine works in the FLGS and informed me that the German starter box will be available second week of June.
And others claiming later:

Originally Posted by Birdy
Hey Mate,

Can confirm 100% that 40,000 Starter is slated for September release.
Starter box contents:

There have been many rumours about the content of the starter box, but it is pretty much established now by hastings that the box will contain Dark Angels and some sort of Chaos force

On 30 Sept 2011 Tallarn from astronomican posted the following:

Originally Posted by Tallarn
There will be two versions of the starter set for the first time. Rather than the box containing two armies each will have one, so Dark Angels versions and a Traitor version. Each will have a selection of figures, but the extra space in the box will focus on scenery. So there will be a small Dark Angels force with a Dark Angels specific piece of scenery in one box, and a small Traitor force and Chaos specific scenery in the other.
MajorWesJanson shared the following:

Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson
Starter news I have heard from several places now:

DA:
Terminator Captain
5 Deathwing
Tac Squad
Ravenwing bikes (3 likely)

Chaos:
Sorcerer
Chosen
CSM squad?
Cultists
Posessed?
Dreadnought?

Dreadnought seems likely, as it adds vehicle rules. CSM squad may be referring to the chosen, or may not. Posessed will have to see, but they would add a daemonic aspect to the force.
To which Kaelarr replied:

Originally Posted by Kaelarr
Chaos:
Sorcerer
Chosen
Cultists
Posessed

If anyone has anything to add, or any errors here, post it and I'll try to update this if I'm not too lazy.

Added, from Faeit212 (http://natfka.blogspot.com/):

Close Combat weapons will now have an AP value:

Chainfists: AP1
Powerfists: AP2
Powerweapons: AP3

Malcontent
05-27-2012, 05:29 PM
I believe that the new 40k paint set has the new tactical marines in it, which have modeled Dark Angels icons on their sholderpads.

Edit: found a link to a few pictures containing one of the miniatures from the set.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer/comments/tvpg2/my_first_miniature_ever_finished/

DrLove42
05-28-2012, 02:32 AM
There sure is a lot floating round when you put it in one place like this.

I'm anxiously excited about 6th ed, prior to rumours it was just plain excited.

Edit - The 5th ed rule book has been pulled from GW online store. Can't confirm for in store...but its not online anymore

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440162a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k

daboarder
05-28-2012, 02:47 AM
Przemcio251 on warseer mentioned that he'd received an email infroming him that 6th would be released on the 2nd of June, I don't really buy it myself but figured it was worth sharing.

MajorWesJanson
05-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Przemcio251 on warseer mentioned that he'd received an email infroming him that 6th would be released on the 2nd of June, I don't really buy it myself but figured it was worth sharing.

2nd June is fliers. 6th should either be 30 June or 7 July.

daboarder
05-28-2012, 08:16 AM
I've heardb30th, but more importantly so has bram and other reliable types.

MajorWesJanson
05-28-2012, 08:53 AM
30 june would be nice, as then I could get it and play at my FLGS. 7 July I will not be able to do so.

Interesting question then- if it is a 30 june release, does it count as a June release or a July release? White Dwarf will cover it heavily, but will there be say a fantasy or 40K wave of models later in July as well?

DrLove42
05-28-2012, 09:52 AM
I can imagine 30th June is preorders + WD release with the preview of it and stuff

Then 7th July sees the actual launch. Seems unlikely GW would break from their established release routine

Defenestratus
05-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Then 7th July sees the actual launch.

What a great birthday present! :P

Cheexsta
05-28-2012, 03:46 PM
I wonder if GW will release a "6th edition summary of changes" like they did for 5th edition, to give people a rough idea of what the rules are like before they get the rulebook, and to highlight changes they need to look out for?

daboarder
05-28-2012, 04:37 PM
july whitedwarf is being released on the 23rd of june

Dalleron
05-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Does the latest WD say the next issue is due out on the 23rd? I don't get them. If that's the case, then a release on the 30th is possible.