PDA

View Full Version : Rule book info update

Brandoncbaker
05-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Saw a email today from GW to there managers stating that all rule books are to be removed from the store on the 28th hmmm

DadExtraordinaire
05-26-2012, 01:48 AM
Saw a email today from GW to there managers stating that all rule books are to be removed from the store on the 28th hmmm

In the age of mobile technology, you didn't get a photo of this?! Incredulous!

Brandoncbaker
05-26-2012, 05:43 AM
A phone picture would of been ideal, but I didnt want to implement my manager friend in any way. It is a very true story none the less. All rule books are to be pulled on the 28 save Black reach box sets which the email stated the wanted the stores to push for the models values.. There was also a part about running demo games.

Cheexsta
05-26-2012, 05:49 AM
This ties in with what BramGaunt has been saying (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?329875-Official-WarSeer-Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-discussion-thread&p=6239996#post6239996), and indeed lends credence to his claim that 6th edition will be out on June 30.

D'Natagal
05-26-2012, 07:35 AM
I was told the same thing in my GW store yesterday. The manager is just as excited to see 6th as most of us are. It should be interesting to see what direction the game goes. I believe % instead of the current force org will play a big part in changing the game.

meltedwing
05-27-2012, 10:03 AM
This is very interesting. I heard from my source a few months back (among a lot of other things) that the 6th ed book would be out in June, but then everyone else on the interwebs was claiming July, so I just figured he meant that it would be advertised in June and come out in July.

Dalleron
05-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Wouldn't that be WD announcement on the 30th, thus it goes on sale the next Saturday. Does GW not release all new stuff on first Saturday of the month, giving people time to preorder? This is how GW is doing things nowadays.

oldone
05-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Could be a speical Window of release as it's a new edition,which hadn't been since the New policey if I'm right? As 8th for WFB was 2 years ago :) ?

DrLove42
05-28-2012, 02:38 AM
Its happened. The 5th Ed rule book is no longer available on GW.com

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440162a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k

Should be in here!

alshrive
05-28-2012, 02:47 AM
you beat me to it, i had just noticed that too! if you search rulebook and click the 40k one it kicks you back to the homepage!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-28-2012, 02:54 AM
I am excite.

Defenestratus
05-28-2012, 06:35 AM
So this means that we are about a month away then if past performance is an indication of future results.

Rovient
05-28-2012, 09:13 AM
Fantastic! It's been a long time since I've posted here, but this is a very good reason to join in. I'm utterly convinced the next edition will be arriving soon, since the Necron codex was pulled then promptly replaced a month later.

miteyheroes
05-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Yeah, my local GW no longer has the rulebook on the shelves... Exciting times!

ksoh75
05-28-2012, 02:29 PM
our GW store here in Cinti posted up books were being pulled today on Facebook yesterday. I'm geeked!!!

meltedwing
05-28-2012, 03:41 PM
It definitely feels a little bit like the month before christmas in here. I'm absolutely looking forward to this update as I play both GK and Tau, and I'm hoping that the disparity between the two in general will be alleviated at least a bit. With any luck, the rules will be such that the vast majority of the codices experience something of an equalization in power levels and effectiveness.

I heard almost two hears ago that this edition would be the edition of the xenos, but we'll see. So far, the vast majority of what I've seen (that I believe is legit) sounds good to me.

Brandoncbaker
05-28-2012, 03:45 PM
I told ya so

Wildeybeast
05-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Though curiously the mini one is still available as part of Black Reach. I'm assuming they are still trying to shift copies of that, but it seems a bit off to be flogging people a starter kit that has a rulebook which will be obselete in a month

Deadlift
05-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Though curiously the mini one is still available as part of Black Reach. I'm assuming they are still trying to shift copies of that, but it seems a bit off to be flogging people a starter kit that has a rulebook which will be obselete in a month

I think they will use the "its still a bargain for those models" angle, which to be fair it really is, especially if its not affected by the price increase.

Brandoncbaker
05-28-2012, 04:02 PM
I think they will use the "its still a bargain for those models" angle, which to be fair it really is, especially if its not affected by the price increase.

That's exactly what the GW email said

Wildeybeast
05-28-2012, 04:13 PM
They should probably make that a bit clearer on the website then.

"An ideal first purchase for anyone new to wargaming or existing gamers who want to begin playing Warhammer 40,000, the enclosed starter booklet has easy-to-follow examples and a step-by-step introduction to the game, while the rulebook contains all of the information you'll need to play the game proper."

Not for long.

Cheexsta
05-28-2012, 04:18 PM
This. It'd be great even for new players, since it contains everything you need to get started, minus the 6th ed rulebook: the start of two armies, as well as the templates and dice that you need. Buy the relevant codices, and by the time you get everything painted and have played the basic scenarios in the box (just to get acquainted with the concept of miniatures games), the new rulebook will be out. It'd be a good reason for the customer to return to the store in a month, to buy the new Rulebook and any other units from the Codex that he likes the look of.

GW removing the rulebook but keeping the box set is actually a pretty good sales idea. Plus, they'll be able to shift plenty of the old stock until the next boxed set arrives.

Just as long as salespeople make it clear that the rules will be replaced soon, of course. And if the box remains after 6th, that it doesn't contain the latest rulebook...

Wolfshade
05-29-2012, 01:52 AM
Does anyone else remember at the end of 2nd they sold off all 40k box sets (only way to get the rule book back then) and Dark Millenium at a very discounted price?

FireHazard
05-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Popped into Manc GW today and their rulebooks were all gone. Apparently I was "the first person to notice". It was also pointed out that new editions usually come out 2 months before GT.

Roll on July :)