PDA

View Full Version : Goblin Shaman & Savage Orc Big Boss plastic characters

eldargal
05-23-2012, 10:35 AM
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=141102&d=1337789107
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=141103&d=1337789119
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=141104&d=1337789129
Very impressive, no use to me though, don't like OnG.

Brakkart
05-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Not that fond of the goblin shaman, seems a bit static to me, but the Savage Orc is a really nice figure, with a great sense of motion and fury about him. Might get one of him just to paint for the hell of it.

Looking at the goblin's sprue, it's a bit empty. I'm sure they could have fitted a couple optional bits on there, like another head and staff.

Houghten
05-23-2012, 01:08 PM
And he's got the Skull Wand of Kaloth in there! Freakin' sweet!

My puzzlement as to why GW is still designing new resin kits when they could be making more of these continues unabated.

---

Additional thought: the gobbo shaman looks like he'd make a nice Nasty Skulker with minimal conversion.

Wildeybeast
05-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Plastic kits cost more to design and manufacture so they use them for models they expect to sell well. The only reason they are doing these small plastic character kits is becasue of improvements in the technology, a couple of years ago they weren't really viable at all.

Diagnosis Ninja
05-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Man, I'm starting to want to get a Savage Orcs army. wanted one as a kid, and now the models are a lot better, it's getting more tempting.

Chronowraith
05-23-2012, 05:34 PM
I really like the look of both models. If I didn't already own two horde armies I'd be tempted to start an O&G army too.

As far as the shaman being static, I don't know many casters that have dynamic poses. At the end of the day they aren't usually combat characters. They largely stand there and wave their hands around unlike combat where models are shifting their bodies more dramatically.

*Shrugs* Just my thought though.

flekkzo
05-24-2012, 07:18 AM
I really like the look of both models. If I didn't already own two horde armies I'd be tempted to start an O&G army too.

As far as the shaman being static, I don't know many casters that have dynamic poses. At the end of the day they aren't usually combat characters. They largely stand there and wave their hands around unlike combat where models are shifting their bodies more dramatically.

*Shrugs* Just my thought though.

I like the gobbo:) And speaking of dramatic poses, the Grey Seer on the bell has a pretty dramatic pose, and he's also the only non-horrible looking Grey Seer you can get from GW (I don't like any of the old Skaven models, but love their new ones). I have one converted to a normal base :)

Chronowraith
05-24-2012, 05:22 PM
Grey Seer is an exception since he's on a bell that is being struck. He has to be dynamic and constantly shifting his body or he'd fall off the bell.

I agree about the older Skaven models though. Most of them could be used for a variety of characters. I used a Warlord fig for ages as a Grey Seer before I saw on GW's website that he's listed as a Warlord.

papa smurf
05-26-2012, 01:02 AM
Yay! My first army for fantasy is Orcs & Goblins, specifically Savage orcs! That Boss will be awesome to get. But first I have to finish putting all the boyz together...