PDA

View Full Version : Pirahna's as Tetra's

ksoh75
05-22-2012, 01:40 PM
anyone by chance doing this??? If so....how? I heard magnatizing the wings...but trying to figure out what the weapon system is at the bottom...are those pulse rifles???

Ideas and recomnedations are SAWEET...Feed em to me.....I'm looking at running 2 squads of 2.....I currently have a great deal on some Pirahna's and I'm looking to bulk up since I'm using both Tet's and 'rhana's in my list....

ksoh75
05-22-2012, 04:37 PM
57 views n nadda??

not a good sign

checking out youtube...see if I can get lucky

Arglebarg
05-22-2012, 11:41 PM
You deserve a proper response, which is why I did not post before. Sorry. Haven't done it, or tried. Guess there have been a lot of lurkers today.

fuzzbuket
05-23-2012, 12:42 AM
lurkers, lurkers everywhere.... :P

first of all theres this http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/TAU-PIRANHA-TX-42-CONVERSION-KIT.html

so that (or a bit of plasticard) would be a nice way to do the overhead canopy:

as for the weapons it seems like a good way to d it would be to place a magnet on the underside and then have a gun drone (without hat) magnetised under the tetras nose :D

-fuzz

p.s. the lounge is sorta quiet, lurker filled and is mainly american (so probably more replies later in the day)

ksoh75
05-23-2012, 06:16 AM
lurkers, lurkers everywhere.... :P

first of all theres this http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/TAU-PIRANHA-TX-42-CONVERSION-KIT.html

so that (or a bit of plasticard) would be a nice way to do the overhead canopy:

as for the weapons it seems like a good way to d it would be to place a magnet on the underside and then have a gun drone (without hat) magnetised under the tetras nose :D

-fuzz

p.s. the lounge is sorta quiet, lurker filled and is mainly american (so probably more replies later in the day)

Yeah...if I was going Forgeworld, I'd jusy buy the Tetra kits itself....however...with the price hike looming now, I'm just going to order the Forgeworld ones and not even mess with it.....before they sky rocket in retail as well....

but great ideas......they are open topped....I would of just left them open.....guy on You Tube did them as Pirahna's without the wings and used the Sky Ray's Marker Light on the bottom of the hull, attached the Pulse rifles attached to the side...looked pretty good......

Tauownz
05-23-2012, 10:37 AM
Ksoh, they are pulse rifles and the markerlight is on top of the canopy in the rear. You could use a shield generator bit to represent the markerlight. They are about the same size and from the top look very similar. Just make sure you take a lot of the width out of the conversion as tetras are very small and very low to the table compared to piranha. Plasticard is your friend. Best of luck!!

ksoh75
05-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Ksoh, they are pulse rifles and the markerlight is on top of the canopy in the rear. You could use a shield generator bit to represent the markerlight. They are about the same size and from the top look very similar. Just make sure you take a lot of the width out of the conversion as tetras are very small and very low to the table compared to piranha. Plasticard is your friend. Best of luck!!

I appreciate it!!! And yea...I just bought a Razor Saw last week for this conversion. Chop off the back half and re glue the back end to the cut off piece. Basically get rid of one of the seats.....