PDA

View Full Version : 40k: 10 things you, wrong

Turner
05-21-2012, 04:51 AM
I saw that wonderful article "40k: 10 things you should know about every 40k codex" and it was a great read, well put together and very informational.... for me at least. I only play one army (Imperial Guard) and sort of just bumble through when facing off against other armies. Sure I quickly skim through their army list, ask questions like, (does your army have any out flankers/scouters/infiltrators, or this looks neat what's that do?) but for the most part I tend to just have fun and learn the hard way.

Anyways, for those of you who read the article and though, "Huh, that #6 bullet about the Imperial Guard, the one with the Leman Russes (Is the plural Russes? or it is like Russi?) I'm glad I read that." That's actually wrong. The article states:

"Leman Russ tanks when moving at cruising speed can only move 6" + D6". Can also fire the turret weapon (even if it's ordnance) and any other weapons if remained stationary or moved at combat speed."

Now the moving a cruising speed, that's correct. If the Leman Russ wants to move cruising speed you do in fact need to roll d6 and add 6" to get your total. (Makes ramming and tank shocking those guys that are beyond 6" a little more tricky but that's OK.) The part about it "Can fire the turret weapon (even if it's ordnance) and any other weapons if remained stationary or moved at combat speed." That's incorrect.

Here's another thread

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=19786

where someone asked specifically how many weapons and what kind of weapons a Leman Russ can fire when using the Lumbering Behemoth rule. If you want the short end of things, a Leman Russ can fire it's turret weapon in addition to any other weapons it is usually allowed to fire. If you don't move, then normally you can fire every single weapon you have. Hull mounted X, sponsons Y, pintle mounted Q, that piece of junk hunter killer missile, basically everything. Moved at combat speed? Normally you can only fire 1 weapon, so you can fire 1 weapon and the turret.

karandras
05-21-2012, 05:33 AM
Yes, you are correct. There were actually several errors in that article. While I also appreciated the article and thought the idea behind the article was fantastic, posting blatantly incorrect rules on a forum like BoLS is rather disasterous!

Tynskel
05-21-2012, 07:58 AM
yeah, the article was a PoS.

I recommend reading my thread about the rules:
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=21435

jifel
05-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Perhaps we can compile a list of errors? Just so no one ends up thinking something untrue, and then looking stupid when they try to correct someone.