PDA

View Full Version : June 2012 GW Price Adjustment

Kesher
05-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Check out my viewpoint on the planned GW price adjustment

http://blog.spikeybits.com/2012/05/40k-news-gw-price-adjustments-in-two.html

wittdooley
05-18-2012, 11:10 AM
What, they wouldn't put this on the main page for you?

phoenix01
05-18-2012, 11:48 AM
They didn't want to mention the 20% off all bits at Spikey bits. Or listen to everyone comment about it.

Surendil
05-18-2012, 04:08 PM
They didn't want to mention the 20% off all bits at Spikey bits. Or listen to everyone comment about it.

And the save money, buy now! message...

daboarder
05-18-2012, 04:41 PM
this is quite clearly in the wrong forum. I see neither news nor rumours posted here

TheBitzBarn
05-18-2012, 07:33 PM
THIS is all BOGUS. Period These People who start this talk are douche bags and looking to start flame attacks. As a Retailer I received my email today guess what NO MENTION of Price increase and guess what this is the week they would do it cause It is the week they did it last year cause I keep all my GW emails

daboarder
05-18-2012, 08:00 PM
TheBitzBarn,

Calm down mate, this topic has started as speculation based upon past experience, no one has said that a price increase is actually coming. I have heard some rumour mongers say to expect it and in my skeptical nature it wouldn't surprise me if independent retailers like yourselves were not informed either.

HOWEVER it is good to hear from an independent that you have received no word of a price increase.

TheBitzBarn
05-18-2012, 08:38 PM
I am calm i just get tired of these people screaming the sky is falling and starting flame wars about GW over nothing they do enough wrong that they do not need help. Complain about codex CSM cause it is bad but do not make up drama.

daboarder
05-18-2012, 09:01 PM
then don't go calling people douchebags

Dalleron
05-19-2012, 12:28 AM
Though you are correct that douchebag isn't the best choice of wording, he is correct.

I've looked through the threads about this so called price increase, and have yet to see anything that actually announces it. Yes, they are going on past experience which usually is a good thing. But it isn't always correct. Until it becomes official, people are just trolling, flaming, or whatever you want to call it.

eldargal
05-19-2012, 12:54 AM
Just to clarify, you have the prices for June and there are no rises?

THIS is all BOGUS. Period These People who start this talk are douche bags and looking to start flame attacks. As a Retailer I received my email today guess what NO MENTION of Price increase and guess what this is the week they would do it cause It is the week they did it last year cause I keep all my GW emails

Deadlift
05-19-2012, 02:42 AM
My local retailer actually said the very same thing. They have had no hint of price rises.

daboarder
05-19-2012, 02:59 AM
it is however not beyond belief for gw to either postpone said price rise or not tell their independent stockists until the last minute.

my local store wasn't even told about the paint change, the guy directly challenged his rep when he'd heard about the rumours on the internet and the rep told him that would "Never happen" needless to say he has requested a new rep.

eldargal
05-19-2012, 04:33 AM
If the rumoured price rise was in June and retailers have a june price list with no price rise then the rumour was wrong, simple as that. That doesn't mean there won't be a price rise later but we can verify this rumour quite easily if BitzBarn can confirm he has June details rather than just a newsletter or bulletin or something.

daboarder
05-19-2012, 04:43 AM
yes would be much appreciated

Deadlift
05-19-2012, 06:03 AM
If the rumoured price rise was in June and retailers have a june price list with no price rise then the rumour was wrong, simple as that. That doesn't mean there won't be a price rise later but we can verify this rumour quite easily if BitzBarn can confirm he has June details rather than just a newsletter or bulletin or something.

If we see a price rise this year ( I hope not) I can see it after the release of 6th and the new starter set, I doubt we see one at all.

TheBitzBarn
05-19-2012, 11:26 AM
I have received my weekly email and it was this time last year they gave a spreadsheet for price increase no such spreadsheet and I received a stock check form with no price increases.

I admit that GW does some silly stuff but no reason to start the excitement except to make yourself seem important there was not even a rumor of change.

As for the Paint I think you FLGS owner lied to you cause they told me 3 months out to stop ordering paints in anything other than one off and that there was a change coming.

puma713
05-22-2012, 06:59 PM
Interesting that someone would fake a 17-page spreadsheet:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/30/451127.page

But, stranger things have been faked, I suppose, and at greater detail.

jspyd3rx
05-22-2012, 07:21 PM
I think these are Australian prices being passed on as U.S. prices. Easily done, friend did that to me once to scare me.

FeralOni
05-22-2012, 07:35 PM
I think these are Australian prices being passed on as U.S. prices. Easily done, friend did that to me once to scare me.

i WISH, it'd be the price drop we DESERVE, given our near parity with the USD

puma713
05-22-2012, 07:44 PM

These would be price DROPS for Aussies. No joke.

eldargal
05-22-2012, 08:25 PM
The source of that spreadsheet is 'someones friend who knows people who own stores', and somehow those people got an email with 17page price rise spreadsheet that BitzBarn didn't get. So it is looking decidedly shady to say the least. Wait until it is on GWs website or more retailers confirm it before getting worried.

TheBitzBarn
05-22-2012, 09:03 PM
NEW Info There is a Price "Adjustment" I will post the spreadsheet in a new topic and I have to say it is CRAP Tastic

eldargal
05-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Boo, stupid GW. Oh well, now I'll just hope it is a US only price rise.:p

daboarder
05-22-2012, 10:29 PM
NEW Info There is a Price "Adjustment" I will post the spreadsheet in a new topic and I have to say it is CRAP Tastic

Get down off your horse then and apologize to us all

Chuck777
05-23-2012, 12:55 AM

All you had to say over the last few days was "GW has not emailed me about price hikes. I trust them to inform businesses about price hikes in their weekly/monthly correspondences rather than in supplementary emails during the week."

Instead, you went around calling people duchebags.

I hope you learned a lesson here - never trust GW and never galvanize your position when dealing with rumors.

Chuck777
05-23-2012, 12:57 AM
Boo, stupid GW. Oh well, now I'll just hope it is a US only price rise.:p

If we have to suffer, then everyone else should have to suffer more (in addition to how much they have been suffering)! :p

Defenestratus
05-23-2012, 06:14 AM
From the BoLS Google+ Page:

Bell of Lost Souls Yesterday 8:31 PM - Public
GW 2012 Price Increases inbound...
Get ready for $75 Land Raiders and $82 Stormravens...

Check out the front page. Looks like GW has truly gone bat**** crazy with their increases. I'm not opposed to price adjustment by any means, but I think that these increases have outpaced demand big time.

I know that I'm going to go pickup another SR before these prices kick in and then never buy another one ever again.

Kawauso
05-23-2012, 07:04 AM
From the BoLS Google+ Page:

Check out the front page. Looks like GW has truly gone bat**** crazy with their increases. I'm not opposed to price adjustment by any means, but I think that these increases have outpaced demand big time.

I know that I'm going to go pickup another SR before these prices kick in and then never buy another one ever again.

I know this is white noise against the background of what some of our Aussie posters have been saying, but the Land Raider and Storm Raven kits ($75 and $82 after the hike, respectively) have been $80 each in Canada for a while now, and our dollar's been pretty much at parity with the US all this time.

It sucks, but you're more likely to grin and bear it than you think. You'll just buy fewer models is all.

Fingers crossed this increase stays south of the border, but we'll see. :)

Defenestratus
05-23-2012, 08:03 AM
Its true that our dollar sucks right now (Gee thanks Bernanke) but the a regional cost of a good or service is dependent on much more than just the exchange rate between currencies.

Kawauso
05-23-2012, 08:40 AM
True. But the Canadian economy isn't exactly stellar right now, either...better than the US, sure, but not great.

MajorWesJanson
05-23-2012, 09:15 AM
At these prices, if I want a new Land Raider, I'll just spend a few dollars more and get one from Forge World with the extra parts. I also plan to grab a few more of the fliers than I originally intended before the prices go up on them as well.

Kesher
05-23-2012, 09:32 AM

So I'm a douchebag and a liar, huh?
I get the same emails at the same time you do (assuming you are a GW retailer-which I will get to the bottom of).

You may want to check your inbox last night at around 7:30 EST. You are looking for the email titled 2012 Games Workshop Price Adjustment. (You may also want to read the warning at the bottom of that email about disturbing said information, like you did on over on the price increase thread)

I already had the overall info last week, but like some other places/ people, wasn't going to blab about it directly.

I was HOWEVER trying to help everyone by reminding them "just like Christmas and Birthdays" the price adjustment is here again, at the same time it was every other year.

I'm not the bad guy, but if I was a looking for a bad guy, I'd probably look to the fella attacking the people on here whom are only trying to help- while at the same time hypocritically jumping on the bandwagon when the information is confirmed and leaked by himself.

I get it, you're a bits business. You copied me back in the day, and gained market share when I sold to Neal. Fine, well now I'm back, and you know what? I'm not such a bad guy really, and we're growing sustainably daily. I provide a service, cheaply and in a trustworthy manner. I don't hide behind some company name, or a screen name on eBay. I'm not banned on the main page of BolS like you, and have to resort to trolling on forums in an attempt to advertise my service.

I contribute to the hobby, pure and simple. Yes I sell stuff. While I am an avid hobbyist, I am also a business providing a vaulable service retailing both sealed and bits products.

Sure I put a little line of ad text on the bottom of my articles for a few months. Why, cause I took the time out of running my business to write them up in the first place. Nothing nefarious at all.

Now I link to my articles...six months from now who knows, maybe pictures of cats loling SPIKEYBITS :D

At least I'm writing and trying to breath interest into the hobby instead of just running around trolling competitors? on forums.

Point of the matter is; if you want to attack me fine that's your thing. I am no Liar.

Rob Baer
MBG Spikey Bits

Oh and my thoughts on the CONFIRMED price increase, and more: http://blog.spikeybits.com/2012/05/skinny-on-gw-june-price-adjustment.html

ksoh75
05-23-2012, 10:36 AM
I think they raised them cuz everyone is crying....PRICE HIKE!!! PRICE HIKE...OMG WE ARE GOING TO DIE!!!

Would be an EPIC late April Fool's joke.....

blueshift
05-24-2012, 06:36 PM
so the original list has every item that will see an increase? i wont want to spend $400 tomorrow on my backlogged shopping list to find out a bunch of other crap went up too ;P

Kesher
05-28-2012, 08:24 AM
Yeah the list over on the other thread is all that is being raised. :D

Kesher
05-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Here at Spikey Bits, we're selling Games Workshop items at their current prices until midnight June 1st EST.

After that, well upload a new sheet to the site, and the 2012 price adjustment will go into effect.

But don't wait until then, get your order in NOW and save some cash!!!

We stock the entire line of Games Workshop for 20% OFF, and even carry Finecast at a discount!

Ordering is easy, give us a call (804 464 1873), OR click here (http://www.spikeybits.com/servlet/the-GAMES-WORKSHOP/Categories) to get a copy of our mail order catalog, fill it out and email it back with your order!

And if this article (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2011/05/gw-news-may-2011-price-increases.html) from last years adjustment is any indicator, buying now may just save you 40% or more.
You might also like: