PDA

View Full Version : Holocaust. Do people ever use it?

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
05-17-2012, 06:25 AM
Many of the people I know who make use of Paladins never use this power and others i've talked to recently seem to forget about it, likely due to aforementioned

... Seeing as these Paladin lads, in their Drago-wing form seem pretty popular I thought it'd be interesting to know if anyone makes use of Holocaust?

To me it seems it could be pretty effective at culling horde units, like the 30 man boy squads that occasionally turn up!

Mr.Pickelz
05-17-2012, 08:15 AM
I use it against hordes, and if the unit of paladins is small, but because i always load them up in full unit sizes and buy psybolt ammo, their Stormbolters/ psycannons can do a better job then a psyker power which may or may-not backfire and perils, or be stopped by hoods and the like.

celestialatc
05-17-2012, 10:21 AM
I agree with Mr.Pickelz. Also, I use it when I have an Apothecary, since he does not have a shooting attack, it's a nice way to allow him to shoot something....but only when I am not about to launch an assault (might want to us hammerhands or Force Weapons). And I only use it when he still has 2 wounds.

jeffersonian000
05-22-2012, 02:36 AM
I seen a lot of GK players use Holocaust as their Apothecary's range attack, which makes sense. Personally, I've used it against hodre to good effect, as it only replaces one Stormbolter.

SJ