PDA

View Full Version : Selling 3 Studio Painted Armies (Pic Heavy)

Stiff Neck Studio
09-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Stiff Neck Studio has 3 armies currently for sale on EBay:

Warhammer 40K Ork 3000 point Army
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190336375926&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Warhammer 40K Tau 2500 point Army
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200386976083&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Warhammer Fantasy Ogre Kingdoms 2500 point Army
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200386100465

Below are just a couple sample photos for each force. Follow the Ebay link for the army you would like to look at. There are about 10-20 pictures for each army. Below are sample pictures for each force. They are all buy it now or make me an offer type auctions. If you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected]. If yuo want to make an offer go ahead and do so but please make a reaonable offer. If you would like additional units worked into the army make that part of the offer. Thanks, SNS
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt168/Stiffneckstudio/Zagstruck.jpg

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt168/Stiffneckstudio/Truck.jpg

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt168/Stiffneckstudio/DSC03149.jpg

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt168/Stiffneckstudio/DSC05034.jpg

wittdooley
09-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Wow, expensive. Pretty...expensive.

Lord Inquisitor
09-22-2009, 09:03 PM
They look pretty good, though.

Stiff Neck Studio
09-22-2009, 09:08 PM
The buy it now is pretty expensive on the Orks but look at the paint job and the hundreds of models i had to assemble and paint. It's not like they are necrons and I can nock an army out in a week. No speed or assembly line for any of these armies. Thanks for the compliments though. I appreciate them.

oni
09-23-2009, 08:48 AM
WOW! The paint job on all of those armies is really amazing, but unfortunately so is you asking price... amazingly high. If I was opening or had a store I'd be all over those armies to put in a display case, but I'm not and I don't so that much money out of pocket just isn't feasible. Good luck finding a buyer.

AsgeirArnald
09-23-2009, 10:20 AM
WOW! The paint job on all of those armies is really amazing, but unfortunately so is you asking price... amazingly high. If I was opening or had a store I'd be all over those armies to put in a display case, but I'm not and I don't so that much money out of pocket just isn't feasible. Good luck finding a buyer.

I agree, if I had a store I would love to have the armies in a display case, but I think for your average 40k player that is a ridiculous price. I know that I go from paycheck to paycheck hoping I have enough left over after bills to be able to buy some more models and hopefully get closer to finishing my army. And I've met quite a few other players that have the same situation. I do have to say the tau and ogre armies are a little more feasible than the orks, but if you can find a buyer at that price, good for you.

Aldramelech
09-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Lots of very nice stuff. But who has that kind of cash?

Stiff Neck Studio
09-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Well guys again I thank you for the compliments but that is why all 3 auctions are make an offer. However, in my defence I have made on an average for my armies on EBay between 1300-3000.00. It might now be worth that much to you but It might be worth it to somebody else.

Snarf
09-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Very nice. As everyone says it is a bit pricy... but its very tempting.

I like the idea of the GW Figure case. shows your a gamer that understands the problems we all face.

One tip if i may... Throw in the army Codex that way you might get a first time buyer/player.

Aldramelech
09-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Well guys again I thank you for the compliments but that is why all 3 auctions are make an offer. However, in my defence I have made on an average for my armies on EBay between 1300-3000.00. It might now be worth that much to you but It might be worth it to somebody else.

Didn't say it wasn't worth it, Just pointed out that not many can afford it.

For the vast majority an army is a long term investment, not many go out and buy a complete whole army in one go, fewer a painted one.

If I was a lottery winner Id buy all three right now....... Alas. ;)

Stiff Neck Studio
09-23-2009, 02:19 PM
LOL,
I used to always throw a codex into the army lot but everytime I did the customer would ask me not to send it for a reduced price on the army since they already had. Seems most tend to look at a codex prior to buying an army. Your mentality was the same as mine though.

As far as the high price I have found that I get more for the armies than when i messed around with regular auctions. If you do it as a regular auction you have to hope that there are 2 people who really want it bad so they drive the price up. Rarely does that happen. By using a higher buy it now and best offer you tend to get more for an army becuase the customer puts his max bid of what it's worth to him instead of trying to nudge by 1.00 by 1.00 in a regular auction.

Feel free to make offers guys. :)

*tde*
09-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Very nice stuff and I think you have things priced about right (accepting offers). How do your prices compare to your commission rates?

Lord Azaghul
09-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Models look great mate, but for me a good portion of the fun is building and painting my models...good luck with your sales though!

wittdooley
09-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong, I think the models are gorgeous. I'd love to buy the Ogre army, but it's just too out of my price range! I've always admired your models on eBay (particularly the Legion of the Damned...awesome).

Stiff Neck Studio
09-23-2009, 10:40 PM
wow it's nice to know that there are a few of you guys out there keeping an eye on my work. Kinda flattering. As far as my pricing is concereded it totally depends on the army and the model selection. You can visit my web page at www.stiffneckstudio.com for more info. All you have to do is shoot me an email with your army list and the type of color schem and base you want and I will get you a price quote. I usually only need a couple weeks to turn an army out from the time I recieve it depending on size and complexity. All models purchased through the studio are 20% off with no tax and only 4.95 shipping regardless of size. we can't get direct order stuff at a discount though. Again if you like what you see on Ebay then make an offer ....:) LOL

Abominable Plague Marine
09-24-2009, 02:01 AM
I also think the work is reasonably priced, been tempted many times to make an offer, but alas I cannot justify yet another army.

Keep up the good work mate.

Vepr
09-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Very nice. Part of me has always wanted to just buy a well painted put together army like that. Unfortunately even though I have the money and would love the ork army my wife would probably use one of my various ornamental and antique swords to gut me like a trout or do me in with one of my various firearms. :p She puts up with the firearms and ammunition but 3000k plus on little toy army men as she puts it might push her over the edge. :D

Stiff Neck Studio
09-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Just so you guys know I am willing to go as low as 2600.00 on the orks and the other two armies i will go as low as 1200.00 each. :) Just a little helpful knowledge for the followers on Bell of Lost souls. What do you guys think about the fully ainted space hulks? I was thinking about doing one and throwing it to the wolves on EBay.

wittdooley
09-24-2009, 06:11 PM
You totally should. You'll make a NICE buck.

oni
09-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Just so you guys know I am willing to go as low as 2600.00 on the orks and the other two armies i will go as low as 1200.00 each. :) Just a little helpful knowledge for the followers on Bell of Lost souls. What do you guys think about the fully ainted space hulks? I was thinking about doing one and throwing it to the wolves on EBay.

Space Hulk... Painted up as good or better... That, I'd be willing to throw some $$$ at. ;)

Stiff Neck Studio
09-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Is that a commission request I smell :) I have 3 copies if Space hulk that I am planning on doing starting next month and I plan on giving the models some seroius love. Probably going to be using my blood effect I used on the orges on both forces. Ok guys, ive got a serious possible buyer for the Tau. I am sure the Orks will eventually go based on the size of the force and that it is a popular 40K army. What the hell is wrong with the Ogres? They have been on EBay forever and still haven't sold and they are at a fair price for the amount of models you get and I thought the bloody weapons and gore would make them a hit. Not so much. Give me some feedback. What would you guys like to see on Ebay?

Ghoulio
09-24-2009, 08:00 PM
If you were looking to make money, I would just stick to space marines or chaos space marines (Space Wolves anyone? :P ). Where I live 40k seems to be at least as twice as popular as Fantasy, and at least 75% of the people around here play marines. If you do up more armies like that Salamanders force I saw that you had up I cant imagine you would have many issues selling them. Also, on a side note those orks look really good and kudos for having the FW Ork Warboss on the bike...amazing model :)

wittdooley
09-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Is that a commission request I smell :) I have 3 copies if Space hulk that I am planning on doing starting next month and I plan on giving the models some seroius love. Probably going to be using my blood effect I used on the orges on both forces. Ok guys, ive got a serious possible buyer for the Tau. I am sure the Orks will eventually go based on the size of the force and that it is a popular 40K army. What the hell is wrong with the Ogres? They have been on EBay forever and still haven't sold and they are at a fair price for the amount of models you get and I thought the bloody weapons and gore would make them a hit. Not so much. Give me some feedback. What would you guys like to see on Ebay?

I think the issue with the Ogres is that they just aren't a "sexy" Warhammer Fantasy army. I think they rock, but the balls right now seems to be Vampire Counts, Dark Elves, or the new Empire stuff where I am.

Stiff Neck Studio
09-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Yeah your probably right. I only did the ogres Becuase I could use the blood technique and It wasn't going to be that many models to assemble and paint. Probably going to be the last fantasy army I will unless commissioned to do one.

Mananarepublic
09-25-2009, 02:04 AM
I think the armies look lovely and are cheap.. I have too many models and armies at home, otherwise I would invest!

/M

Stiff Neck Studio
09-25-2009, 06:43 AM
Thanks. your the first person to call them cheap but when you compare to others work like DPDS and WPS wich are Asian based studios the price is pretty competitive.

Stiff Neck Studio
09-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Tau Amry sold. Only the Ogres and Orks remain. Get them before someone else does.

oni
09-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Give me some feedback. What would you guys like to see on Ebay?

Well... On a personal level, if you do decide to do the Space Hulk models. 1) If there's too much blood and gore, it's a deal breaker for me. Myself and most people I know don't like it, on any model. Sometimes it's fitting, but those cases are few. 2) It would have to be a complete set of Space Hulk models, I wouldn't want to buy any of them individually or broken up in any way. It would be annoying to try bidding on multiple models if someone were to want a collection all done by the same painter.

Stiff Neck Studio
09-25-2009, 08:17 PM
No I definetly would not be breaking up the models as there is no way you could make mas much as selling the set. I plan on starting the set next month.

Xas
09-26-2009, 02:22 AM
the orks are awesome. I'm hoping to some day be able to paint as well (and fast!). if I had the money (and could find space for just another army) this would be the orks I'd buy. good job!

on another note I'm wondering why no studio/single comissioneer is even giving a rough estimate of price (or examples) on the webpage. I've wondered/thought about giving some of my center pieces in for comissions but was allways put down by myself because I didnt want to ask and then look stupid/waste someones time because I might find out my expectations were seriously out of place.

Stiff Neck Studio
09-26-2009, 08:05 AM
Xmas you make a very good point. Look at it like a car dealership. If I put the exact prices of every model(car) on the site I would be locked in at that price and you might not even ask becuase you would think that the price was to high. Now by not putting my prices down for individual models and armies and stuff it makes the customer have to talk to me in some fashion. This is the first step to getting your business by trying to find out exactly what your looking for and the price your looking for. I am pretty fair when negotiating on models to a point.

Stiff Neck Studio
09-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Ork army price reduced from 3500.00 to 2999.99 or best offer
Ogres I am willing to take 1200.00 for

Stiff Neck Studio
09-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Orks are sold. You snooze you loose.
Ogres are the only army left. However I will have a necron army and tomb king army ready in a week or so that I will post here. -Wes

VinceBlack
09-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Very nice work but who has that type of scratch these days. I'm going to assume you are looking to sell those off for the same reason that no-one is going to purchase them, low on scratch.

You would most likely be better off splitting those auctions up and selling them unit by unit. Better chance to sell them and higher profit margins.