PDA

View Full Version : The Illegalities of Nemesor Zahndrekh

alshrive
05-16-2012, 04:11 AM
So don't get me wrong, i am chuffed that they finally got around to releasing a model for him but i have a gripe.

Games Workshop has spent many a year throwing the phrase WYSIWYG around- normally at people! now i don't mind this- what i don't like is hypocrisy.

Zahndrekh, in his rules, has a Resurrection Orb. i cannot find one anywhere on the model- applying WYSIWYG does this mean he shouldnt be able to use one?!?!?! i know this is more a silly annoyance of my own but it is the Hypocrisy that frustrates me!

can anybody think of any more examples of characters/models that just don't match up to their rules?

ALShrive

Wildcard
05-16-2012, 04:16 AM
Perhaps its the little ball at the bottom of his staff? (that is, if this is truly the Zahndrekh model..)

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/c/cc/Zahndrekh2.jpg

alshrive
05-16-2012, 04:18 AM
now normally when gw do things like that they cover themselves by writing a piece of fluff about this awesome weapon that kills things and makes metal skeletons pull themselves back together. it just seems like a huge over site on their part personally and i know how silly it is that it bothers me! lol

ALShrive

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-16-2012, 04:23 AM
Hah, nice. It's interesting to see conversations pop up elsewhere.

Off the top of my head, I'm unsure whether Vargard Obyron's mantle is represented well either.
As for proper WYSIWYG fails, I can't actually think of any...

alshrive
05-16-2012, 04:25 AM
the mantle is a very interesting one, as it does seem to be represented on the model by the 2 curtain tiebacks he keeps around his neck

ALShrive

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-16-2012, 04:32 AM
I wanted more gubbins! By the looks of current Necron technology orbs are where it is at! (everything is powered by orbs)

Didn't a DE character have poorly represented equipment?

Wolfshade
05-16-2012, 05:42 AM
Never ask to see where an overlord keeps his res-orbs :eek:

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-16-2012, 05:44 AM
Never ask to see where an overlord keeps his res-orbs :eek:

He keeps them in his happy sack. *Necron Lord tries to smile and explodes*

lobster-overlord
05-16-2012, 07:15 AM
He's a robot, it's built in!!!!

:-)

Edit: I tried using all caps to YELL my response, but the board automatically lower-cased everything...

alshrive
05-16-2012, 07:24 AM
He's a robot, it's built in!!!!

:-)

Edit: I tried using all caps to YELL my response, but the board automatically lower-cased everything...

so like zahndrekhs res orb, this board has something built in that you can't see that makes everything lower case? is Bols a front for the Necrons?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-16-2012, 07:31 AM
Heresy! *blam*

Houghten
05-16-2012, 11:29 AM
can anybody think of any more examples of characters/models that just don't match up to their rules?

The Lhamean's splinter pistol looks suspiciously like a knife.

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
05-16-2012, 01:53 PM
... You don't want to know where she hides her Splinter Pistol..

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-17-2012, 01:45 AM
Lhamean - 'That's not a knife, THIS is a knife'
Imperial Guardsman - 'That's not a knife, that's a gun'
Lhamean - 'Ha-hah! My Dark Eldar subtlety knows no bounds!'

Anggul
05-17-2012, 03:29 AM
...why does he have a resurrection orb if he thinks they're still living flesh Necrontyr?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-17-2012, 04:00 AM
...why does he have a resurrection orb if he thinks they're still living flesh Necrontyr?

That is a VERY good point...

Wolfshade
05-17-2012, 04:32 AM
Maybe he thinks of it more in terms of resurrection rather than re-animation?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-17-2012, 04:34 AM
I blame robot dementia. He possibly just likes holding balls.

Anggul
05-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Maybe he thinks of it more in terms of resurrection rather than re-animation?

They all had really short lifespans and didn't have a method of resurrection. I do seem to recall, however, that he only thinks he's back in the Civil Wars because he was damaged in the great sleep, so presumably he had it in the war against the Old Ones when he knew they were in metal bodies, then forgot but still kept hold of it anyway.

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
05-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Well I guess he did once know that he was a robot? So maybe as he can't physically feel his body, it's just hanging around.. :L

Morgan Darkstar
05-17-2012, 04:52 PM
"where's my resurrection orb you say?"

"it's over there!"

:D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-18-2012, 01:02 AM
They all had really short lifespans and didn't have a method of resurrection. I do seem to recall, however, that he only thinks he's back in the Civil Wars because he was damaged in the great sleep, so presumably he had it in the war against the Old Ones when he knew they were in metal bodies, then forgot but still kept hold of it anyway.

Neither of the Wars of Secession had them as robots, they were in flesh both times.

The First was ended when they began the war against the races of the Old Ones.
The Second was ended when the C'tan showed up and offered them immortality.

Wars of Secession (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Wars_of_Secession)

alshrive
05-18-2012, 02:57 AM
"where's my resurrection orb you say?"

"it's over there!"

:D

are you implying that, in his dementia, he sees Obyron as a pet dog and not as a bodyguard?
i can now envisage a haunting scenelette-

------------------------------
Zandrekh and Obyron are stood on the crest of a hill amidst the smoke and flames of battle. Zahndrekh turns to Obyron and in a deep metallic monotonous voice, all you hear is-
"who's a good boy, who wants the ball?", he proceeds to lob the resurrection orb an impressive distance, "go fetch Oby! Fetch!"

(I imitated stephen hawking saying that for effect)

----------------------------

ALShrive

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-18-2012, 03:11 AM
I can just imagine Obyron standing there with his warscythe.
"I am not amused" before teleporting and bringing it back.

Anggul
05-19-2012, 03:11 AM
Neither of the Wars of Secession had them as robots, they were in flesh both times.

The First was ended when they began the war against the races of the Old Ones.
The Second was ended when the C'tan showed up and offered them immortality.

Wars of Secession (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Wars_of_Secession)

That's not what I said. What I said was that the Great Sleep was after they had been turned into machines. This means that during the war against the Old Ones after they had been made machine, he would have known exactly what he was and thus would have had the resurrection orb. It was the Great Sleep after this which damaged him and caused him to believe that he was back in the Wars of Secession, and thus still flesh.