PDA

View Full Version : non metalic metal article/eavy metal NMM pdf

eosgreen
05-13-2012, 05:20 PM
is there a PDF of this? i was told i can find this on articles that GW let you get a PDF of but i cannot locate it

i think its time i start learning NMM since i intend to do an ENTIRE necron army in NMM

edit- im now seeing how missleading this title is.... so sorry for those who expected this article

Chaoschrist
05-13-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm quite sure GW will want you to buy that new book/dvd thing for painting, and as such they pulled a lot of tutorials.

Best guess is looking on youtube or coolminiornot.com for tutorials I think. That's a start. Of just google "Painting NMM" or something like that, that'll give you some rough ideas where to start.

eosgreen
05-13-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm quite sure GW will want you to buy that new book/dvd thing for painting, and as such they pulled a lot of tutorials.

Best guess is looking on youtube or coolminiornot.com for tutorials I think. That's a start. Of just google "Painting NMM" or something like that, that'll give you some rough ideas where to start.

i have a good idea of how to do it. and i can do it on obvious shapes.

i guess i read that the way they tell you how to paint NMM is so specific it will clarify some shape questions i have

if you google NMM you generally get the 3d rendered shapes sphere, circle, concave, and box which you are to apply to NMM painting but some shapes look very odd and im the kinda guy who wants to really make sure before i do something

fuzzbuket
05-14-2012, 12:34 AM
.an entire necron army in NMM....

dont take this the wrong way but id think about that for a second, i tried to do a entire GK army (15-20 minis) in NMM and ended up getting burnt out with mordak, a libby and a land raider still to go, why?

1) NMM is hard. i ended up spending 2+ days on a single mini
2)nmm on large flat surfaces is difficult to look convincing
3)to get a entire mini in NMM you have to get your light sources perfect, otherwise it looks odd.

HOWEVER apparently NMM is much MUCH easier with a airbrush, so possibly someone here may have tips on that.
Or you could simply have the MAIN colour a flat colour (such as blue) then do the metalic parts in NMM

its a good idea though!

-fuzzz

p.s. NMM guide:
1) find out how metals shine/reflect
2) for grey use dark grey/ blend up with white/apply shadows (with gold use brown and yellow THEN white)
3) tidy up edges, possible edge highlights, ect

p.p.s. CMON has a huge number of great NMM tutorials

eosgreen
05-14-2012, 02:03 AM
.an entire necron army in NMM....

dont take this the wrong way but id think about that for a second, i tried to do a entire GK army (15-20 minis) in NMM and ended up getting burnt out with mordak, a libby and a land raider still to go, why?

1) NMM is hard. i ended up spending 2+ days on a single mini
2)nmm on large flat surfaces is difficult to look convincing
3)to get a entire mini in NMM you have to get your light sources perfect, otherwise it looks odd.

HOWEVER apparently NMM is much MUCH easier with a airbrush, so possibly someone here may have tips on that.
Or you could simply have the MAIN colour a flat colour (such as blue) then do the metalic parts in NMM

its a good idea though!

-fuzzz

p.s. NMM guide:
1) find out how metals shine/reflect
2) for grey use dark grey/ blend up with white/apply shadows (with gold use brown and yellow THEN white)
3) tidy up edges, possible edge highlights, ect

p.p.s. CMON has a huge number of great NMM tutorials

i considered this and what i decided was i would start slow. i have an entire army painted well currently and im going to slowly replace models with NMM models from the new range. this way i update models and level of painting