PDA

View Full Version : 40k Player base poll

gendoikari87
05-11-2012, 12:50 PM
So in a vane attempt to try and get some kind of data I'm trying to start a poll to see if 40k's player base is shrinking or growing. So over the last year what have you guys seen in terms of actual players at the tables?

Gotthammer
05-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Well, I haven't played for almost two years so...

Still love the setting and read lots of BL novels and play a Rogue Trader RPG game, but tabletop and buying GW minis is prettymuch non-existant for me.

ElectricPaladin
05-11-2012, 12:57 PM
My area seems to have a lot of a fourth category you didn't consider "adding other games, and therefore playing 40k less, but not quitting entirely." That's the biggest category in my area.

gendoikari87
05-11-2012, 12:59 PM
My area seems to have a lot of a fourth category you didn't consider "adding other games, and therefore playing 40k less, but not quitting entirely." That's the biggest category in my area.

other games for this instance don't matter as long as people are starting or quitting 40k/fantasy.

Gotthammer
05-11-2012, 01:04 PM
And trust me I've tried getting people into the hobby, all of which said "i'll stick to Dawn of war and space marine" That $300-$400 entry barrier is telling when you try to get people into the game, this at both stores mind you. Yeah they COULD get a cheaper smaller army but not a lot of people want to play 1000 point games.

Quoting you from that other thread here to link to a series of articles I wrote a while back (http://collegiatitanica.blogspot.com.au/search/label/40k%20Redesign) somewhat relevant to your comment above and post here. It is a rough summary of parts of the reasons I can love 40k as a universe, but have little interest in the game.