PDA

View Full Version : Brand new to forum and wfb

Peewee73
05-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Hi, been watching the site for several months and just got around to joining. Brand new to wfb, still learning and watching some games. Have been painting my vampire counts army for several months, I guess I am trying to get it perfect before I put it on the table, probably should get over that;). Got a question for guys with way more experience than I. I really enjoy the hobby aspect of the models, the painting and the fluff. What would be a good second army after my vc army? I am looking for something that is the polar opposite, i.e. low model count, shooting, fast. I am considering getting the high elf army book and trying my painting skills on a starter army, any suggestions? Thanks in advance and look forward to enjoying the forum and the hobby.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Welcome!

Vampire Counts are pretty fun to play with and against!
A low model count army? Why there is no army fitting that description more than the Ogres! (they have layers you know)
They are also fairly decent at shooting to be honest, so have a look into them.
High Elves require a lot of stuff in my opinion, especially to make them worth it.

Peewee73
05-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the idea on the ogres, I ordered their army book and am expecting it any day, I will check it out and see. Thanks again!!

Bigred
05-10-2012, 12:34 AM
Welcome Peewee73!

Have fun and join inthe conversations.

After ten posts you gain access to sigs, postin image attachments and the trading Bazaar.

-Larry

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the idea on the ogres, I ordered their army book and am expecting it any day, I will check it out and see. Thanks again!!

No worries! I find them quite nice to paint as well, the trousers, belly tattoos, clan markings, and lots of gore!

Keep me posted.

Also, any thoughts about Warhammer 40k??