PDA

View Full Version : Is Belial a bargain?

Dalleron
05-08-2012, 12:19 AM
I was looking at some various marine codex's i have available, more specifically Belial since I have just started playing my DW. I refer to his point cost. 130 for a WS5 model with TH/SS. This kit cost around 160 for SW and BA. Sure you're down a WS, but careful placing in a unit and charging and he can avoid the better fighter of the recent codex, but is still nothing to scoff at.

I haven' got to the other weapon combos's but at his cost he seems a bargain to me. And troop termies you can equip however you choose for the most part, well that's the gravy.

What do y'all think?

Chumbalaya
05-08-2012, 06:08 AM
130 points to make Deathwing Troops is pure gold. Anything beyond that FOC swap is gravy.

Kaika87
05-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Belial is a hell of a bargain, especially with the TH/SS. I use him to soak non-S8 invulnerable saves in-game, which saves me from losing terminators. If you're running him in a Land Raider, I think it's worth a shot to try the LCs, but I personally have never used them. Definitely don't ever run LCs if you're on foot like my list.

mysterex
05-09-2012, 02:30 AM
Yup, absolutely cheap. And I too only use him with a Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield. However the real benefit is to turn your terminators into a scoring units.

The one thing I don't like about Dark Angels is that the psychic defences are weak as their librarians are only leadership 9 and their powers aren't good. Other than that the cheap stuff in the codex pretty much balances out the more expensive stuff.

antennafarm
05-26-2012, 10:38 PM
in my opinion, he'd be worth it if he were just an upgrade to all of the deathwing units (as in, make them all scoring, allow for the upgraded squad, but no unit to accompany it). on top of it you get a pretty decent character.

i tend to run him with 2LC because of his initiative value... him with the upgraded squad (3xTH/SS, 2x2LC, apothecary and standard bearer, cyclone) and they wreck house, although sometimes he's been known to run off to join a regular SB/PF squad to give them some initiative.