View Full Version : The Cpt'ns Blood Angels Log.

Cpt Codpiece
05-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Ok so i have been slowly and i really mean slowly building up some BA for a few months now.
unfortunatly not much painting has gone on yet (air brush troubles and £££ issues regarding it)

my BA are going to be set in the times recently following the HH and as such will have a newly reformed librarius and old school gear (MKIV mainly and older MK tanks, not all FW as im too tight for that).

well i had an idea last night and due to me not being able to get the song out of my head (one winged angel) here are the results of the most recent burst of Black rage .

Behold my chief Librarian (counts as Mephiston) Mephiroth. psychic hood to come, GS is still wet on the cape.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/darthplagis/Blood%20angels/Mephiroth/mephiroth6.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/darthplagis/Blood%20angels/Mephiroth/mephiroth4.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/darthplagis/Blood%20angels/Mephiroth/mephiroth2.jpg

and here is a quick shot of my 'man corner' * not shown the three tier drawer set full of sprues and WIP from many armies
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/darthplagis/Blood%20angels/Mephiroth/DSC00980.jpg

more to come in coming days as i pull my finger out, and get the Mrs to take more pics.

KrewL RaiN
05-06-2012, 09:15 PM
That is one crazy sword and the models movement is ace! It should defiantly make him count as Mephiston. I can totally see why people make count as models for him. I dont get why GW didn't update that old flat Mephiston model =/

Meph
05-06-2012, 11:47 PM
That's a vèry good pose indeed. looking forward to the psychic hood. I never was a big fan of that ridiculous cliché vampire look for Mephiston. And again, helmets people, helmets! Skulls aren't bulletproof. :D

fuzzbuket
05-07-2012, 02:03 AM
that sword is fantastic :D

Cpt Codpiece
05-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Thanks guys, yeah i did a mephiston conversion based of astorath and similar DA legs, he had the pose and the overall look but it just felt too static. I love the old model (probably my alll time fave 90's JG sculpt ahriman and bile are the top 3) but its just too dated.

yeah im gonna work on the hood tonight, I'm thinking sevrin loth mixed with old codicier with helm, and gonna add some reinforcment to the masemune (katana) and add a little GS bulk so its not just a lump of plasticard with a tapered blade edge :) its quite floppy like a FC sword of that length. the sword was really easy to do TBH, i was a little daunted at first but i just cut up the arm (raven wing sword arm) for repositioning and then cut the tsuba (hilt) i really wanted to get all ornate with the tsuba but at 2mm wide its a bit tricky, then i just cut the basic outine in really thin plasticard and trimmed it down to the right shape with files and blades, then whittled the edge down :) i was suprised at the end result TBH

well i also have a 10 man assault squad, with a little bit of GS work needed and they will be ready for paint, along with a 10 man tactical (H bolter and plasma gun) just about ready for paint.
if you look close at the desk pic you may see a few of my bits and bobs, a half done drop pod, a kit and plasticard MKII landraider and a set of tartaros termies :) yeah i know im a little crazy LOL i also have a chaplain based of astoraths legs and pack he's prob gonna be my 2nd HQ rather than lemartes, as id rather get a sanguinary jump pack and use the actual model for lemartes as he looks great now (the last incarnation was........ hm...... dire to say the least).

well hopefully some more pics later tonight if not tomorrow afternoon :)

Meph
05-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Oh, cool, I'm looking forward to those FW termies. Those have been stabbing my eyes as well on the FW website. I did order a Contemptor last week though. ^^

Cpt Codpiece
05-08-2012, 01:25 PM
:( well i did the hood...... but mixed the GS too yellow. now it wont set :(

so i just give it a quick coat of thin superglue to seal the GS and let me work again :D gonna be detailing up the back of the hood tonight.

in the meanwhile i'm gonna try and fill the gaps on the FW termies (typical resin bubbles and FW insistance on joining shoulder pad to mold sprue at a point of detail) and probably cast up some lblood angels details off the sanguinary guard and death comp bits, so i can glue them on the termies.

pics in either a few hours or thursday.