PDA

View Full Version : Small scale fantasy game?????

prof.cephalopod
05-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Okay, my local shop needs a warhammer fantasy version of like a combat patrol, or even a special operations killZone, that isn't a mordheim.

Any thoughts we're trying to get new players in on the cheap with a small scale tournament friendly system.

Chaoschrist
05-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Couldn't your game just organize low points games?

But then again, I don't know how that spells out in fantasy. Maybe that rulesset and system is all about having a lot on the table.

Cherub
05-04-2012, 05:21 PM
play warband sized games

billytwix
05-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Yeah warhammer warbands. If you search you can still find the pdf floating out there in the nets. You could probably convert the combat system up to 8th and get away with it. It basically 1-500 point mini warhammer skirmishes with reduced squad size minimum values

prof.cephalopod
05-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Yeah I found like half the white dwarf issues for that but couldn't find a few, assuming you meant the one the wabands that was ran as a series of articles many moons ago.

Well if I can find and convert that we're good but what about a killZone esque game that isn't mordheim? Does anyone know of a system which let's us build warbands consisting of warbands built of single models not units? For a more skirmish feel? Something that would let a kid buy a box and play?

guzkull
05-05-2012, 04:11 AM
Do you have access to Warhammer 6th ed? If so you should check out the Warhammer Skirmish rules towards the back. I'm not sure if they will require any alterations to fit with 8th ed, but its seems to be what you're looking for.

Skeith154
05-05-2012, 10:07 AM
well if you want really small, i my self tend to play with small groups of little more then 10 miniatures on either side. useally ahero and solo units from the various options avaible for an army. it's a small game i decided to make since full sized game even with small points amounts are too long to set up for my friends. i it's insteresting from a story perspective. since i inject alot more fluff into these smaller games.