PDA

View Full Version : magnetized bases

tbunnelldo
05-04-2012, 08:52 AM
has anyone used the GF9 rubber steel sheets product for magnetizing their bases?

Brent
05-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Yes, I've used them with both GF9 magnetic bases and with bases I've magnetized using other means.

I mount them on .080" styrene sheet, with no borders (the magnets hold the minis on just fine).

I like the sheets, they work very well for me.

I'm not as keen on the GF9 magnetic bases, though. They have a very irregular appearance on the edges (though some folks like that); also, they're a lot more expensive than using the kit-supplied bases and your own magnets. I can go to my local hardware store and buy a 50-foot roll of 1/2"-wide magnet, with adhesive on one side, for $5.

I paint the edges of the .080" backing plastic to match the color of my bases...BEFORE sticking on the GF9 sheet!

Good luck!

tbunnelldo
05-04-2012, 12:10 PM
thanks. that helps. i had heard mixed reviews of the rubber steel sheets.

Thornblood
05-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Just bought some. A little pricey, however they work really well. Ive bought magnetic stripping from a different company and no problems. When cutting you need to make sure you cut all the way through with a modelling knide rather than score and snap otherwise the sticky can tear off.