PDA

View Full Version : any tips on painting blond hair

tbunnelldo
04-30-2012, 08:39 AM
i was looking for some good tips to paint blond hair for my high elves.

eldargal
04-30-2012, 09:48 AM
A couple of simple ways are basecoating with iyanden darksun (or whatever it is called now), shading with gryphonne sephia then layering with iyanden darksun and finally bleached bone. You can blend the layer colours with increasing amounts of bleached bone if you can be bothered (characters and the like). Or you can basecoat with bleached bone and shade with gryphonne sepia and devlan mud then highlight with bleached bone.

There are other more involved ways but I'm not as familiar with them. You'll also have to get the new names if you want to use GW paints.

tbunnelldo
04-30-2012, 10:29 AM
thanks

phoenix01
04-30-2012, 11:39 AM
I always used Bubonic Brown then Bleached Bone.

Aldramelech
04-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Paint desert sand and wash with devlan mud (or whatever the new ones called). When the wash is dry drybrush the desert sand mixed with a little white.

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/andyblackmore/001-31.jpg

Scion_of_Terra
04-30-2012, 02:29 PM
A mix of Golden Yellow and Skull White makes for an excellent quick'n'dirty solution. Use a light undercoat for best results.

MovesLikeJaeger
06-26-2012, 04:14 PM
For a more sandy-looking blond I base with Khemri Brown, then layer with Kommando Khaki and highlight with Bleached Bone. If I am going for a flashier yellow blond, I base with Calthan Brown, layer with Desert Yellow, and highlight with Bleached Bone. I decided on the former after independent experimentation, yet I picked up the latter from a White Dwarf painting section, I think called Painting Faces, that showed this method on a Space Marine Scout. As I do not have the new paints yet, I used the old colours, so the conversion chart may be useful here.