PDA

View Full Version : Gutted :(

energongoodie
04-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Yesterday, at work, I broke my right hand. Today a whole bunch of Forge World stuff turned up at my house as well as some bolt action commandos. I can't even open the boxes, let alone build them or paint them. I am completely gutted. I love making and painting models and I am incapable of doing so for a good while. Bugger.
That is all :(

DrLove42
04-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Ouch dude. Thats just bad luck.

Least you've got something to look forward to....a positive goal to hepl heal faster.

energongoodie
04-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Ouch dude. Thats just bad luck.

Least you've got something to look forward to....a positive goal to hepl heal faster.

Thanks man, that's a good point.

scadugenga
04-28-2012, 04:13 PM
And work comp. Can't forget that.

That being said, that really sucks, 'migo. Heal fast!

energongoodie
04-29-2012, 01:45 AM
No form of compensation for me I'm afraid.
A. I'm a Ltd company contracted in so nothing like that applies.
and
B. It was entirely my stupid fault.

If I can't drive to work again in a week I will loose my job.

I mus tsay that I'm really looking forward to building and pianting these Bolt Action Commandos. They look great.

eldargal
04-29-2012, 03:14 AM
Hope it heals fast then.:(

scadugenga
04-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Ouch, that sucks.

Heal fast is right.

My recommendation: go find a chinese apothecary, let them know what happened, and they'll fix you up with a liniment (like dit da jow, only for internal damage) that will definitely help with the healing process.

A few years ago I ended up with a 2nd or 3rd degree lateral sprain of the ankle, and with some traditional chinese medicine (something that loosely translates as "bone bruise liniment") I was able to play in a sand volleyball tournament a day and a half later.

Just remember it's meant to work alongside with, and not replace, traditional medicine. :)

Grailkeeper
05-03-2012, 09:38 AM
You can still sue if its a limited company, If its totally your fault I wouldn't bother.

Why not open the boxes with your left hand?

energongoodie
05-04-2012, 05:27 AM

There was a lot of tape :)

The hospital have said I don't need surgery, the cast is off already and I am back in the office today after being allowed to keep working from home all week.

Thanks for the support BOLS chums. I just hope I can get painting soon. :D

Drunkencorgimaster
05-04-2012, 07:58 AM

That can be kind of fun for a change. It sort of feels like someone else is opening the box.;)