PDA

View Full Version : Lizard Love

ElectricPaladin
04-20-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm just getting back to my lizardmen with the magnetization of my Stegadon and the stripping and repair of the saurus I bought from the UK - perhaps I'll get some of my models painted this time around... - and I am shocked and appalled at the total lack of lizard love on this board. Where are all my fellow Lustrians at? Let's have a thread of your bug-eating victories and reptile routs, your scaly tactical advice and lizard lists.

In other words, it's Lizardmen general time at Bell of Lost Souls!

Atrocity
04-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Guess I'll start out with my favorite tactic with my Lizardmen.

Oh Salamanders. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

Since they are skirmishers, you can march them up an opponents flank, free reform so that you are facing their side and do your fire shooting attack. If that unit takes casualties it must make a panic check, and if it fails every unit within 6" must also make a panic check. Though it doesn't happen often, seeing a panic check chain down an opponent's entire line is wonderful and can win a game on turn 2.

I've needed to paint my Lizzies for some time now myself :o

Kaiserdean
04-24-2012, 09:40 AM
Oh, poison, you are my friend.

I use blowpipes on my skinks and chameleon skinks to get close and poison warmachines and monsters to death. The volume of shots that hit on sixes can take down the biggest of problems. Then saurus and temple guard mop up.

I've seen hoards consider not charging 10 skinks because of the stand and shoot shots they would suffer.

Skeith154
05-05-2012, 10:18 AM
i'm a big fan of the stegadon and carnosaur models. i don't have an army as of yet but i went and picked those up for fun. also like the look of the razordon and salamander.

ElectricPaladin
05-07-2012, 09:49 AM
i'm a big fan of the stegadon and carnosaur models. i don't have an army as of yet but i went and picked those up for fun. also like the look of the razordon and salamander.

I just got a salamander off eBay, and another salamander is on its way from GW. I'll have one old-school salamander - with a fin - and another newer sleek-and-sexy salamander. It'll be awesome.

Skeith154
05-08-2012, 11:32 PM
i went and bought the old school stegadon, and i ordered a razordon off the net.