PDA

View Full Version : New from FW - New Predators and Apothocaries

DrLove42
04-20-2012, 04:12 AM
New from FW this week we have the new Deimos Pattern Predator Executioner (£46). Can be armed with a Plasma Destroyer gun (S7, Ap2, Heavy 3 blast) or a Heavy Conversion Beamer. Can be taken by all marine chapters, cept the GK, although it doesn't count as Fast in a BA list.

For 185 points you could take a scary plasma turret and 2 lascannons. Eeep

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/large/dempredexdft.jpg

And some lovely FW Apothocaries (£20). Now you can have some Pre-Heresy looking Apothocaries are well in Mk2 armour!I love these two. I might actual consider buying these just to paint. So nice....

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/large/apothdft.jpg

Wolfshade
04-20-2012, 04:18 AM
Beat me to it!
I love those Apotecary models, much better than the standard GW ones.
Now jsut have to wait for priest models...

alshrive
04-20-2012, 04:20 AM
yeah i was about to say i was just mooching on over here to put them up! Those Apothecaries are absolutely stunning! i much prefer the fw command models to any other- still reeling of the the lovely librarian character for red scorpions- possibly the nicest marine sculpt fw have ever done!

ALShrive

eldargal
04-20-2012, 04:29 AM
Oh, yay, another Space Marine release. Actually I'm really impressed with the apothecary kit.

Wildcard
04-20-2012, 04:53 AM
Whats that all with the FW releases

"All marine armies can take em except GK"

*Big sadface*

UltramarineFan
04-20-2012, 04:58 AM
I have no need for an apothecary but I really want to get those two

Wolfshade
04-20-2012, 05:07 AM
Oh, yay, another Space Marine release. Actually I'm really impressed with the apothecary kit.
Everyone loves Space Marines - they're the bestest ever!

alshrive
04-20-2012, 05:27 AM
i under stand the sentiment regarding yet another marine release! it does get very very very monotonous! i just wish they would send some loving to the other 40k armies, i can't complain too much as an Ork player- we have had a lot more than most!

ALShrive

DrLove42
04-20-2012, 05:50 AM
I'd imagine we've seen the last of any Eldar or Ork stuff for a while following their books

I'd also imagine we'll start seeing some Necron resiny-goodness soon with them being the next books focus.

I wish they'd do some more scenery pieces though soon. Standalone scenery, not whole RoB board pieces

Cpt Codpiece
04-20-2012, 06:36 AM
Oh yeah! i'll be pre ordering those apothecaries for my sanguinary priests, i know they have a different arm bit but i dont care :D my army is based off mk IV anyway so the mk IV will fit great, maybe modify a sanguinary guard jump pack with the apothecary gubbins too;)

the pred, while cool is nothing i cant make myself with a rhino and some plasticard maybe a plastic spoon for the turret. the deimos just is not pre heresy enough looking for my liking anyway, the vent cages on the sides make all the difference.

celestialatc
04-20-2012, 07:11 AM
Whats that all with the FW releases

"All marine armies can take em except GK"

*Big sadface*

Yea, as a GK player, I just ignore most ForgeWorld Releases....nothing really includes GK...../sigh.

It's probably because more of the stuff is from the Horus Heresy and before and the GKs were not around so we would not have this stuff.

Wolfshade
04-20-2012, 07:17 AM
I hear you there DrLove42, I would love also to see some Rhino-chassis size craters for vehicle destroyed, too lazy to build them :D

LordGrise
04-20-2012, 07:49 AM
I just want two of the main turret for messing with - been thinking about a Devilfish gunboat for awhile, and those turrets look like they'd work in the doors...

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
04-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Yea, as a GK player, I just ignore most ForgeWorld Releases....nothing really includes GK...../sigh.

It's probably because more of the stuff is from the Horus Heresy and before and the GKs were not around so we would not have this stuff.

In most cases it's also because that Grey Knight Armour patterns are (to my knowledge), unknown and specifically better than standard marine armour.

Where as alot of the other stuff is either too old, as you said, so Grey Knights wouldn't have it, or kits that Grey Knights dont have access too (for example the Predator and the Power armour Apothecary) don't feature in the book in anyway. Also, the vehicle rules would need to be changed to include Fortitude and Psychic Pilot :).

bfmusashi
04-20-2012, 09:18 AM
And it'd be weird. GK don't have predators at all and suddenly we're running around with a pred with an LR Executioner turret on it? Wonky.

phoenix01
04-20-2012, 09:25 AM
i under stand the sentiment regarding yet another marine release! it does get very very very monotonous! i just wish they would send some loving to the other 40k armies, i can't complain too much as an Ork player- we have had a lot more than most!

ALShrive

It doesn't seem all that long ago when the only things Forgeworld seemed to do was Imperial Guard and Chaos.

Defenestratus
04-20-2012, 11:25 AM
No eldar player should be complaining about a lack of FW releases these days.

Its a candy-shop when you click on the "Eldar" section of their website.

Kawauso
04-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Eldar and Orks are pretty well-supported by FW. Tau too, really.

You have to admit though, with all the weird arcane stuff and heresy-era goodness, not to mention the frequency of releases over the past little while, Marines have been getting a lot of attention. And IG have had tons of FW love in the past, too, so it does come across as a bit Imperial-centric. Not any more than usual, I think, but with the inundation of releases from FW lately, it sometimes feels that way.

I can only hope that Necrons get half as much with the new IA book they're supposed to be in. :) My Tomb Stalker is lonely as the only FW model in that army.

EDIT: As for a more on-topic remark, those Apothecaries do look very nice...
I think I'll have to grab them and convert one with a power sword and plasma pistol for a counts-as Harath Shen.

Wildcard
04-20-2012, 02:19 PM
And it'd be weird. GK don't have predators at all and suddenly we're running around with a pred with an LR Executioner turret on it? Wonky.

It wasn't this release in particular that i was refering to, but more in general :)

Also, the vehicle rules would need to be changed to include Fortitude and Psychic Pilot

Add a line for every marine vehicle released: "In addition, add special rules Fortitude and Psychic Pilot if the vehicle is taken by Grey Knight army ...for XX points"
Or something like that :)

Oh yeah! i'll be pre ordering those apothecaries for my sanguinary priests, i know they have a different arm bit but i dont care my army is based off mk IV anyway so the mk IV will fit great, maybe modify a sanguinary guard jump pack with the apothecary gubbins too

This i also find funny (fluff for GK is contradicting itself), The lack of apothecaries in their ranks.
- 130pts
- only for one squad type
- no auras of anykind

Wasn't GK formed at the peak of the heresy, taken with secrets to warp until threat of siege of terra was no more? I mean with all the back to day top gear STCs etc, plus the best mechanicum can supply at the 41st millenium?

Kawauso
04-20-2012, 02:32 PM
This i also find funny (fluff for GK is contradicting itself), The lack of apothecaries in their ranks.
- 130pts
- only for one squad type
- no auras of anykind

GK have Apothecaries - as an upgrade to Paladin units.

It's no different from all the other non-BA marines, really, who can only access them in Command Squads. Well...except Space Wolves.

Space Wolves don't even get Apothecaries. Wolf Priests are a pretty poor comparison.

pgarfunkle
04-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Those apothecaries are very nice, just ordered a set for my Blood Angels

Kataklysm
04-20-2012, 11:38 PM
Just pre-ordered my predator, with an armored proteus land raider and some strange fish transfers. Sounds like an exciting new army project no?

eldargal
04-21-2012, 12:31 AM
Personally I'm not complaining about a lack of Eldar releases, I don't expect anymore for a long time. I'm just a bit sick of seeing Marines, even some Guard or Orks would be refreshing. We've had apothecaries, predators, the storm eagle, special characters, decimator, contemptor bits, the other deimos stuff and some more I'm probably forgetting all in the past months. All very nice but something different would be welcome. Thank god for Warhammer Forge.:rolleyes:

No eldar player should be complaining about a lack of FW releases these days.

Its a candy-shop when you click on the "Eldar" section of their website.

ActionJackson
04-29-2012, 05:23 AM
The look of that predator is so much more gritty than the normal GW one. Especially the side sponsons. I wish they all looked like that.

Kataklysm
04-29-2012, 11:37 PM
My predator and armoured proteous will be arriving tomorrow. -girlish squeel- :)

It almost makes me want to tidy up the house and put out cookies or something..

docbungle
04-30-2012, 03:03 AM
Really liking the Apothecary models.

Not so sure about the old school tanks at the moment, although I prefer this to the LR one

pgarfunkle
04-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Apothecarys arrived over the weekend, very nice! Just need to get some time to build and paint them now! :)

Kataklysm
05-01-2012, 11:12 PM
So the big day arrived and I could not be more pleased!

This is one of the coolest tank kits that i have ever had for SM's. (reffering of course to the armored proteous). As for the predator I am pleased as well but upset that forge world did not send the entire rhino kit along with the model. Why they didnt? I have no idea. In the past when i ordered a conversion kit or even a kit that included less than a third of the original plastic kit (the Artemia pattern hellhound come to mind) they would include the full gw kit in sprues.

B*tching aside, this new predator is pretty awesome. When i can get to it I will post all of my unboxing and possibly assembly pics in the WIP section.

thats all for now,
-Kataklysm