PDA

View Full Version : Apoc rules for Tech Contemptor

Vangrail
04-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Here on my 3rd set of pics http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=21420 my contemptor conversion in normal games it counts as a CD with chain fist (the axe) , the servo arms are second arm, guns on the harness are a heavy flamer and a plasma blaster.

But I was thinking for apoc games I should make rules for it, what should they be?

L192837465
04-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Armour 13 dreadnaught with the same servo harness as a techpriest, but replace the flamer with a heavy flamer and the plasma pistol with a twin linked plasma gun or plasma cannon, 4 attacks, dccw, and the ability to fix tanks on a 4+ instead of a 6, and he can take servitors to increase that to a 2+.

Vangrail
04-18-2012, 01:30 PM
would the servitors be normal ones?

L192837465
04-18-2012, 02:16 PM
would the servitors be normal ones?

LOL Dreadnaught servitors is an interesting concept... Give them all a servo arm and a plasma cannon or multi melta and let the lulz ensue.

I'm not sure, that unit would have to be expensive since he would be able to repair broken bots in his own unit, and those guys would be a NIGHTMARE in close combat. 3 servitors and the priest charging would be like, 4 plasma cannon shots, a multi melta, a heavy flamer, then about 25 I4 s10 ws4 (5?) attacks. Youch. That unit hits a titan and the titan dies horribly.

Vangrail
04-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Hmm the servitors i think i would almost make bigger ones, like ogre big that would be cool. Question is how would that work for shooting bc armor value with wounds?

L192837465
04-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Hmm the servitors i think i would almost make bigger ones, like ogre big that would be cool. Question is how would that work for shooting bc armor value with wounds?

Right, well, you could honestly make the tech T8 and give him 4 wounds with s10, i4, ld10, relentless, and ws/bs 4. Then your servitors could be ogryn servitors at t5, 3w, bs/ws 3, and I1 or 2.

thecactusman17
04-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Better idea: the Flamer/plasma pistol are combined into a Plasma torch Template, S6 AP2 (like the xenos plasma, in this case it's less volatile in exchange for consistancy).

Front armor 13, makes an extra 2 attacks, counts as being equipped with a power weapon and rolls 2d6 armor pen in melee. Use the current bog standard S6 design. By default, Tech dreads are venerable to represent all their repair functions.

Will mutilate even big nasty mobs like Paladins before going in an smooshing them, without being LOL RULES RULES RULES every time you want to use it.

No servitors, it would be an odd situation. How about instead you repair on a 4+, the harness increases to 3+, and you can knock the harness offline with the weapon? You'll have to repair yourself to get it back to full functionality.

Pendragon38
04-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Hmm the servitors i think i would almost make bigger ones, like ogre big that would be cool. Question is how would that work for shooting bc armor value with wounds? I hope this can help for your servitors, http://www.shop.battlefield-berlin.de/index.php/katalog/showarticles/32640-1-micro_art_studio.html
http://www.shop.battlefield-berlin.de/img_big/aa3ebb01699a5592f95a9350da5fb6c8.jpg

SotonShades
04-20-2012, 02:54 AM
Here's something ("http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=20550&page=2) that got me through to the final interview for the Games Developer Vacancy a few months back.

You could easilly adapt the rules for your guy.

Vangrail
04-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Better idea: the Flamer/plasma pistol are combined into a Plasma torch Template, S6 AP2 (like the xenos plasma, in this case it's less volatile in exchange for consistancy).
Not sure if people would accept that but very interesting.

Front armor 13, makes an extra 2 attacks, counts as being equipped with a power weapon and rolls 2d6 armor pen in melee. Use the current bog standard S6 design. By default, Tech dreads are venerable to represent all their repair functions.

Will mutilate even big nasty mobs like Paladins before going in an smooshing them, without being LOL RULES RULES RULES every time you want to use it.

No servitors, it would be an odd situation. How about instead you repair on a 4+, the harness increases to 3+, and you can knock the harness offline with the weapon? You'll have to repair yourself to get it back to full functionality.
I agree to this! Wait if you look at my model posted what would count as what? But definitely agree on venerable and the repair rules.

Vangrail
04-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Here's something ("http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=20550&page=2) that got me through to the final interview for the Games Developer Vacancy a few months back.

You could easilly adapt the rules for your guy.

link didn't work for me.

SotonShades
04-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Ah. Will try to edit it next time I.m on a computer. Search for ''techmarine dreadnought" and my user name in the general discussion forum and you should find it though

thecactusman17
04-20-2012, 07:45 PM
I agree to this! Wait if you look at my model posted what would count as what? But definitely agree on venerable and the repair rules.

Ok, so it looks like what you have is a Contemptor Dread with a pair of pincer servo-arms in addition to its normal DCCWs. It is also carrying a stave of some sort. There is a large plasma cannon off of an additional servo-arm

So lets make this thing an actual model:

Contemptor Tech-Savant Dreadnought: F13, S12, R11 I4 A2(5)

Upgrades: Venerable, Contemptor Servo-Harness

Special Rules: Combat Repairs

Weapons: Flamer (Arm 1), Meltagun (Arm 2), Plasma Torch (Servo-Harness), 2 Ion Cutter Manipulators

Rules:

Combat Repairs: The Contemptor Tech-Savant may attempt to repair a vehicle in base contact (or itself) once per turn instead of firing its weapons. Select a damaged friendly vehicle model in base to base with the Contemptor and roll a D6. On a 4+, the vehicle may choose to either fixed a weapon destroyed result or instead to fix and remove an Immobilized result. However, on a roll of 1, the Tech-Savant pilot makes a critical error in judgement and causes a glancing hit on the target. Weapon destroyed results will randomly effect any ranged weapons on the target.

Contemptor Servo-Harness: The Contemptor Servo Harness is a highly advanced system of additional tools designed to rapidly repair even the mightiest battle damage. A Contemptor with a Servo Harness may repair twice on the same turn, either two repairs on one target or two separate targets. The Contemptor Servo Harness adds 2 attacks in close combat when functional (represented in profile)

Plasma Torch: Intended to weld together ceramite plating at the molecular level, the Plasma Torch is amongst the most powerful tools available to the Contemptor Dreadnought. However, when turned upon an enemy, the results are truly spectacular. The Plasma Torch is a S6 AP2 template weapon mounted on the servo harness. Removing the Plasma Torch from the harness will cause the harness to malfunction unless the Tech-Savant within can effect battlefield repairs.

Plasma Harness: Range: Template S6 AP2

Ion Cutter Manipulators: The Dreadnoughts manipulators and servo harness are armed with small molecular cutting beams. The contemptors hands and servo harness are power weapons and roll 2D6 for armor penetration.

Vangrail
04-21-2012, 12:15 AM
Ok, so it looks like what you have is a Contemptor Dread with a pair of pincer servo-arms in addition to its normal DCCWs. It is also carrying a stave of some sort. There is a large plasma cannon off of an additional servo-arm

So lets make this thing an actual model:

Contemptor Tech-Savant Dreadnought: F13, S12, R11 I4 A2(5)

Upgrades: Venerable, Contemptor Servo-Harness

Special Rules: Combat Repairs

Weapons: Flamer (Arm 1), Meltagun (Arm 2), Plasma Torch (Servo-Harness), 2 Ion Cutter Manipulators

Rules:

Combat Repairs: The Contemptor Tech-Savant may attempt to repair a vehicle in base contact (or itself) once per turn instead of firing its weapons. Select a damaged friendly vehicle model in base to base with the Contemptor and roll a D6. On a 4+, the vehicle may choose to either fixed a weapon destroyed result or instead to fix and remove an Immobilized result. However, on a roll of 1, the Tech-Savant pilot makes a critical error in judgement and causes a glancing hit on the target. Weapon destroyed results will randomly effect any ranged weapons on the target.

Contemptor Servo-Harness: The Contemptor Servo Harness is a highly advanced system of additional tools designed to rapidly repair even the mightiest battle damage. A Contemptor with a Servo Harness may repair twice on the same turn, either two repairs on one target or two separate targets. The Contemptor Servo Harness adds 2 attacks in close combat when functional (represented in profile)

Plasma Torch: Intended to weld together ceramite plating at the molecular level, the Plasma Torch is amongst the most powerful tools available to the Contemptor Dreadnought. However, when turned upon an enemy, the results are truly spectacular. The Plasma Torch is a S6 AP2 template weapon mounted on the servo harness. Removing the Plasma Torch from the harness will cause the harness to malfunction unless the Tech-Savant within can effect battlefield repairs.

Plasma Harness: Range: Template S6 AP2

Ion Cutter Manipulators: The Dreadnoughts manipulators and servo harness are armed with small molecular cutting beams. The contemptors hands and servo harness are power weapons and roll 2D6 for armor penetration.

I will test the rules this weekend!

Vangrail
05-06-2012, 12:47 PM
the rules worked nicely with for this. Only thing I did not test was the servitors because not sure what to do with them yet.

Tynskel
05-06-2012, 03:56 PM
I think the techmarine contemptor should have Power of the Machine Spirit. Representing communion with the Machine God- reward for service in death.

This way, the tech marine can still repair, and fire one weapon during shooting phase.
The flames should be a hv flamer. Seems more appropriate on a body so large.

thecactusman17
05-07-2012, 01:20 AM
The version i came up with has a S6 AP2 flamer built into its primary feature. Read that again. Tell me now that it needs a flamer at all.

As for PotMS, i imagine it more that you need all of those tools to quickly effect repairs, and I think that two repair attempts per turn is far more useful a function than just an extra shot. Also, there's the awkward nature of how Dreadnoughts shoot--you would have to turn the dreadnought each time you fired, so your dreadnought would suddenly turn 360 degrees firing in two different directions.

Tynskel
05-08-2012, 06:46 AM
makes sense to me!

Vangrail
05-09-2012, 02:55 PM
When I tested the rules we had it have two repair attempts each turn.

woodenronin
05-12-2012, 06:54 AM
What is the points cost for this beast?

Vangrail
05-12-2012, 12:06 PM
I put him at 300 currently, is that too low or high?

thecactusman17
05-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Hmm. 115 base, 50 for ven, 75 for harness. 25 for weapon upgrades. So about 265 sounds right for me. The Rick being that he is an apocalypse unit, so points shouldn't matter. But if you packed him along, I say that 265 sounds like a fair price in a 2500 list before adding super heavies.