PDA

View Full Version : Razorback mounted Tactical Squad?

Camael
04-17-2012, 05:42 PM
I am seeing on a lot of lists that people are mounting a 10 man tac squad with a razorback as a DT. How does this work? is the squad automatically combat squaded and then one of those is loaded into the rb?

thecactusman17
04-17-2012, 05:50 PM
A few current codices, including Space Marines of numerous flavors and Necrons, don't have a squad size requirement to purchase a transport. So when you purchase, you can either leave the transport empty (useful for giving cover saves or being a gun platform) or you can split the squad into combat squads and embark one.

The squad is never automatically separated, you must choose to do this.

Houghten
04-18-2012, 01:28 AM
I think the misunderstanding here hinges around the sentence "when it is deployed it may only carry the unit it was selected with" from page 67 of the BRB.

Like Camael, I previously interpreted this as "it must deploy carrying the unit it was selected with," but the official interpretation is "it may not deploy carrying a unit that is not the unit it was selected with." A fine distinction, to be sure, but it one interpretation doesn't let you plonk down an empty transport and one does.

Indeed, I'd still be saying it was that way to this day if the Space Marine FAQ didn't say you could drop empty Drop Pods.

Wolfshade
04-18-2012, 04:28 AM
In the SM FAQ:

Q: Some Space Marine squads can take a Razorback as a dedicated transport. A Razorback has a transport capacity of six models. Can you still choose this as a dedicated transport for a squad with more than six models? (p77)
A: Yes.

Also there is nothing forcing the squad to be split, but if they don't then they (obviously) can't embark until they have taken sufficient wounds to be able to embark

lobster-overlord
04-18-2012, 07:08 AM
In the SM FAQ:

Also there is nothing forcing the squad to be split, but if they don't then they (obviously) can't embark until they have taken sufficient wounds to be able to embark

It's an escape vehicle :-)

Camael
04-18-2012, 03:41 PM
So, if I were to have a 10 man tactical squad select a razorback, when that squad is deployed could I combat squad the marines, putting one of the squads into the rzorback with the other deploying somewhere else?

dannyat2460
04-18-2012, 04:25 PM
you sir have hit the nail on the head useful for puting your melta and sgt and a character into the fight while keeping a heavy weapon back and a few bods to hold that objective

Camael
04-18-2012, 05:40 PM
I am so happy about this that I cannot even words it!:D