PDA

View Full Version : Sons of Medusa ( pic heavy)

Vangrail
04-17-2012, 10:47 AM
This is my Sons of Medusa army not everything has had a picture taken of it. I also have a warhound that is going to be in my colors and has a awesome base that is a factory styled.

Vangrail
04-17-2012, 10:54 AM
More

Vangrail
04-17-2012, 11:45 AM
and the last for now. The big techmarine with the cog hammer is my conversion for Vaylund Cal.

MaltonNecromancer
04-17-2012, 12:02 PM
That's a nice little army with some nice conversion. Particularly like the converted Forge World techmarine chap; looks much better without his silly "We're not ripping off Iron Man 2, honest!" whips.

The highlights are a little obvious and need subtler blending. have you considered using a wash/shade to bring the colours together, then some light highlight drybrushing at the edge of the armour plates to make the detail "ping" a little?

fuzzbuket
04-17-2012, 12:20 PM
wow that contepter/techmarine conversion is absaloutley incredible :D

Vangrail
04-17-2012, 12:33 PM
That's a nice little army with some nice conversion. Particularly like the converted Forge World techmarine chap; looks much better without his silly "We're not ripping off Iron Man 2, honest!" whips.

The highlights are a little obvious and need subtler blending. have you considered using a wash/shade to bring the colours together, then some light highlight drybrushing at the edge of the armour plates to make the detail "ping" a little?

I just picked up some shades a few days ago ima be going over stuff. and i plan on highlighting that was my next goal.

Vangrail
04-17-2012, 12:34 PM
wow that contepter/techmarine conversion is absaloutley incredible :D

I had the idea for a while and finally it can come to life. I like it a lot same with vaylund cal.

newtoncain
04-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Nice.

Vangrail
04-17-2012, 09:37 PM
I should make apoc rules for the contemptor. Also i have 8k points of marines just don't wanna take pics of all of it right now.

Vangrail
04-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Also every single one of my marines has at least two bionics! Sadly i could not figure out how to bionic the terminators besides the assault cannon.

Goochman
05-06-2012, 03:23 PM
and the last for now. The big techmarine with the cog hammer is my conversion for Vaylund Cal.
I believe you have done a marvelous job with the conversions, with a little work on the painting they should look awesome representing the Salamanders.

Great Job
Brother G

Vangrail
05-16-2012, 12:29 AM
Im doing sons of medusa, I know all their helms should be white but I personally do not like it. I feel like its a vet thing.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-16-2012, 01:28 AM
Excellent Salamanders!
I kid, gotta love the Sons of Medusa. Vaylund Cal is a brilliant special character and I love that it specifies that he must be on a 40mm base.

People keep saying my Storm Wardens are Ultramarines, those people are corrected.

miteyheroes
05-16-2012, 02:00 AM
I love the Tech-Contemptor!

Vangrail
05-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Vaylund cal is a hell of a hq, I love that guy because he actually feels like he can lead it because he can take on most things that cross his path. And so far im getting good comments on the techempter he has also done well and we make apoc rules for him.

Deadlift
05-16-2012, 02:24 PM
That's a very nice looking army you have there. How many points so far ?

Vangrail
05-16-2012, 11:32 PM
This is not everything I have about 7k of marines. and recently a Warhound has joined my ranks, me and a bud have huge games sometimes and its awesome to see 8k of my marines vs his horde orks!