PDA

View Full Version : The Unkindness of Ravens

Wildeybeast
04-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Another BL limited edition novella, featuring the Raven Guard. Looks like a continuation of the story started in the audio drama Labryinth of Sorrows and features a graphic novel version of the audio drama Helion Rain, Sounds pretty awesome to me! More details here (http://www.blacklibrary.com/exclusive-products/the-unkindness-of-ravens.html).

AnEnemy
04-16-2012, 08:53 PM
I hate their limited edition bull**** releases so much.

westside
04-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Over the past year I have gotten so sick of BL's limited releases and now the totally crazy one page 'e-shorts' (not to mention the for a charge $creen $avers :confused:) I find I have totally lost interest in their site and their upcoming new releases. I mean it's all been re-hashes in audio the past couple months, and limited editions and shorts of the ebooks. Really, boring for me. I don't mind paying for stuff I enjoy, but really don't enjoy feeling like a mark.

A little sad, because BL was the little light for me in the bad lands of GWplc.

I'm not saying I don't like many of the books they sell, I just don't really care for their promotions, limited edition nonsense, and repackaged books released deceptively like they are new works.

I know the Kirby has recently gifted himself with many shares of stock and GW wants to pad the books with all sorts of profits to ride the Hobbit wave to a big finish in the Stock Market, but the profit over kill has really killed my interest.

But, hey, it seems to work for them, can't fault that, just not for me.

bfmusashi
04-17-2012, 05:02 AM
I hope it's Mean Girls but with Raven Guard.

Wildeybeast
04-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Over the past year I have gotten so sick of BL's limited releases and now the totally crazy one page 'e-shorts' (not to mention the for a charge $creen $avers :confused:) I find I have totally lost interest in their site and their upcoming new releases. I mean it's all been re-hashes in audio the past couple months, and limited editions and shorts of the ebooks. Really, boring for me. I don't mind paying for stuff I enjoy, but really don't enjoy feeling like a mark.

A little sad, because BL was the little light for me in the bad lands of GWplc.

I'm not saying I don't like many of the books they sell, I just don't really care for their promotions, limited edition nonsense, and repackaged books released deceptively like they are new works.

I know the Kirby has recently gifted himself with many shares of stock and GW wants to pad the books with all sorts of profits to ride the Hobbit wave to a big finish in the Stock Market, but the profit over kill has really killed my interest.

But, hey, it seems to work for them, can't fault that, just not for me.

As a book collector, I really like limited editions, it makes them a bit more special and raises them above the ordinary. That said, their system for selling the last two was a total shambles, though they seemed to have fixed it when they resold the second one, so here is hoping.

Wildeybeast
05-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Orders up now for anyone that is interested. I just got mine and the website worked perfectly, they seem to have finally fixed all the problems they had with previous limited editions.

david5th
05-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Orders up now for anyone that is interested. I just got mine and the website worked perfectly, they seem to have finally fixed all the problems they had with previous limited editions.

Just ordered mine.

energongoodie
05-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Bought mine at 8 on the dot. The website was fine and it's still up for sale an hour and 47 minutes in. Does this mean there is a lack of interest for this book relative to the previous limited editions?

Wildeybeast
05-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Could be. The others were HH stuff which is generally more popular. It could also be due to people having been put off by the previous problems. This looks like a really good package though, not only do you get a novella but also mini comic strip which is somethign new for BL so I'm surprised it isn't more popular, but each to their own I guess.

energongoodie
05-08-2012, 07:20 AM
It's still available. :confused:

I have to admit that I thought it would be gone in an hour. It must be as you say, because it is not HH.
Do you know how quick the Chaplain Cassius book sold out? I personally didn't go for that one.

AArdvark085
05-08-2012, 08:14 AM
It was about the Raven Guard I had to buy it! Order mine as soon as they were available! I hope it was worth it!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-08-2012, 08:41 AM
I've ordered mine (and one for a friend), everyone who knows me is well aware of my love for the 19th legion. Victorus aut mortis!

Wildeybeast
05-08-2012, 01:00 PM
It's still available. :confused:

I have to admit that I thought it would be gone in an hour. It must be as you say, because it is not HH.
Do you know how quick the Chaplain Cassius book sold out? I personally didn't go for that one.

Have to say that one passed me by completely. When was that released?

energongoodie
05-08-2012, 02:37 PM
I was called CATECHISM OF HATE.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/catechism-of-hate.html

The collector in me wanted it but the Ultramarine flavour put me off.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Catechism of Hate was an AWESOME book, Cassius makes an absolutely brilliant speech about HATING THE ENEMY.
I am normally not a great fan of the Ultramarines, but Cassius is an exception to that rule. He's also a bit of an in-joke at my local Games Workshop "DEM TYRANOIDS!".
So yeah, that book was a must for me.

Wildeybeast
05-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Oh yeah, I remember that. Forgot about it becasue the SM Battle novels really don't appeal to me, especially not if the feature the bland marines. I guess other people will have had the same reaction to the UoR. Still 200 copies left to go apparently.