PDA

View Full Version : With the Lynx, why take the Scorpion?

JMichael
04-15-2012, 12:11 PM
I've owned and used the Eldar Scorpion Super Heavy tank for almost 1.5 years. With the release of the Lynx I just had to get it!
(with a simple long pin, I can swap 1 Pulsar laser from the scorpion to the Lynx, since I bought the Sonic Lance version).

Scorpion = 500pts, 12/12/11, 3 Structure, twin linked Pulsar

Lynx = 320pts, 12/12/10, 2 Structure, Pulsar (not twin linked) or Sonic Lance, save vs weapon destroyed on 3+, can move like a Flyer. Model is quite a bit smaller and thus not as large a target.

IMHO, I don't think the Scorpion is worth it anymore. The Lynx's ability to move like a Flyer far outweighs the 2 Structure Pts and lack of twin linked.

Your thoughts? do any of you prefer the Scorpion?

Capn Stoogey
04-16-2012, 01:50 AM
I'm really not much help, but I just wanted to say that's a shame because the scorpion is such a badass model!

eldargal
04-16-2012, 02:07 AM
Well I still use both but the Lynx is certainly hard to pass up. I'm rather hoping FW see fit to boost the Scorpion a little at a future date (along with the Tantalus).

JMichael
04-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Well I still use both but the Lynx is certainly hard to pass up. I'm rather hoping FW see fit to boost the Scorpion a little at a future date (along with the Tantalus).

I agree, though I wish they had done so with IA11. Even a simple armor upgrade 13/13/11 would've made a big difference.
But, oh well.

It is a gorgeous model and I'm very happy to own on. Next on my list is the Cobra (one of the finest looking super heavies imho)!

eldargal
04-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Of course, as it is Apocalypse there is always the fact you should take it because you can.:)

DrLove42
04-17-2012, 02:42 AM
Making the scorpion non twinlinked would have been a good move.

I don't own either. I currently use a Cobra, but recently decided although a 10"er is nicer (thats what she said) I needed multiple S D hits to compete against other superheavies and sprung for a Revenant last week