PDA

View Full Version : Raven Guard Markings

therealjohnny5
09-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Ok so i've done a lot of web research and found some contrasting and dated details concerning the RG markings. Is it still accurate that Assault squads use Right Shoulder Red trim, Devs use Yellow, and Tacs use green? Or do they simply use Company colors on both and use the squad markings to detail squad type?

Next the chest Aquillas\Icons are all white for the RG correct?

Third, how many of you guys use banners on your Sgts and if so what squad types do you tend to mount them?

Fourth, Where do babies come from?

THx for the wisdom gents.

*EDIT* PS: I've assembled the entire RG 3rd along with FA support form 7th, Scouts from 10th, Verts\ Termies\ Dreads from 1st, Chap Master, Tech, 2 Librarians, various HS, FW Deathstorm Drop pods, Transports, and a partridge in a pear tree...

The AKH
09-21-2009, 02:35 PM
You are correct with the trim colours differentiating between Tac, Assault, and Devastator squads. They also have the corresponding symbol on the pad. From what I recall, I don't seem to ever remember seeing any (overtly) company-specific markings on the Raven Guard.

I think all the 'Eavy Metal Raven Guard have white chest icons, but I don't think anybody's really nitpicky about those, so you could do them silver or gold if you wanted to.

I personally don't use back banners on my Sergeants, but if you wanted to, I'd say that anyone on foot would look good with a back banner - maybe bikers, too - but I'd leave them off the Assault troops, for obvious reasons.

therealjohnny5
09-22-2009, 09:30 AM
You are correct with the trim colours differentiating between Tac, Assault, and Devastator squads. They also have the corresponding symbol on the pad. From what I recall, I don't seem to ever remember seeing any (overtly) company-specific markings on the Raven Guard.

I think all the 'Eavy Metal Raven Guard have white chest icons, but I don't think anybody's really nitpicky about those, so you could do them silver or gold if you wanted to.

I personally don't use back banners on my Sergeants, but if you wanted to, I'd say that anyone on foot would look good with a back banner - maybe bikers, too - but I'd leave them off the Assault troops, for obvious reasons.
thx man. i've always avoided banners on my sgts and reserved them only for captains\ chap masters. they present interesting storage problems and in my opinion are slightly impractical for a real fighter (ok flamers i know this is a game but added realism is a part of my modeling style). However according to web research ( and lets admit don't we all believe everything on the web?) Sgts are supposed to carry their squads banner, in general with the SM. Trying to make sure i get as much detailing as possible...

Aldramelech
09-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Quite right. I cant be doing with banners either......

therealjohnny5
09-22-2009, 10:05 AM
i try and make up for the fact i don't have banners by really tricking out my sgts so they stand out, but even with that it's a detail thing i struggle with when it comes to using them. i'd like to enter the army in some competitions once it's done, so i'm trying to be ask detailed as i can. but the RG fluff doesn't hit me as the types that would run around with giant poles attached to their backpacks....kinda hard to sneak around like that. but what do you do? banners or no?