PDA

View Full Version : Sanguinary Priest with Assault Squad

Saint_Anger
04-13-2012, 09:41 AM
Hi all,

I'm about to play against my friend's Blood Angels with my Chaos Space Marines. I have a question if he attaches a Sanguinary Priest with jump pack to the assault squad, who has Descent of Angels rule, and try to deep strike them. What will happen? How should he roll the deepstrike scatter as Sanguinary Priest has no Descent of Angels like the assault squad?

Thanks

david5th
04-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Blood Angels Codex, Equipment pg 62 - Jump Pack entry last sentence:

"In addition, a Blood Angels model with a jump pack has the Descent Of Angels special rule (see page 23)."

My interpretation is that everyone in the Blood Angels Codex with a Jump Pack has he Descent Of Angels special rule.

WYSIWYG
04-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Jump packs grant the DoA rule, so any model with a jump pack has DoA.

Wolfshade
04-16-2012, 02:09 AM
I have a question if he attaches a Sanguinary Priest with jump pack to the assault squad, who has Descent of Angels rule, and try to deep strike them. What will happen? How should he roll the deepstrike scatter as Sanguinary Priest has no Descent of Angels like the assault squad?

Just to re-iterate. DoA is granted by wargear so anyone with a jump pack gains DoA be they assault marine, librarian, chaplain etc.
Since they are a joined unit before they arrive via deepstrike, they are rolled for as one unit (coming in from reserves) and they scatter as a whole unit using the DoA special rules with the relevant reference quoted by david5th

Tynskel
04-16-2012, 06:35 AM
I can answer this one. It is in the Blood Angels Codex, loud n' clear.