PDA

View Full Version : Dust models in 40k

Fasil
04-12-2012, 09:46 PM
I would like to know if you can use Dust models in the 40k world? they look like something you can use in a game. I would like to get some and use them for a Mechanize force:confused:

sangrail777
04-12-2012, 11:44 PM
Ya know you could get flamed by some for asking that question. Most people I know would tell you no. Really it depends on who your playing. Word on the strasse is the tournement scene is trying to figure that out right now due to GW pulling its support.
Most players might like to see at least some GW models in your army.
You should be good for games with your friends as long as they ain't hard liners.

Bigred
04-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Well, the scale is about right for the vehicles at 1:48, but the aesthetic is very different.

If you wee using some of the vehicles as counts-as substitutions with 40k infantry maybe. I could see some bits swapping to make a Dark Mechanicus army or something along those lines...

lobster-overlord
04-13-2012, 12:52 AM
Easily convertible. I've worked with a couple. Changing the base is easy. They are more toy like than model though. Literally, little green army men. The vehicles are very cool, and most weapons options are plug-and-play, and you can swap them for 40k weapons easily too. they are all on 30mm bases, so you'd just need to cut them off and reposition them.

plasticaddict
04-13-2012, 06:35 AM
I have a couple of their Panzer Walkers that I use as dreadnoughts. They are a little bigger than the 40k dreads but I like the look they have. With the help of a spare base, a few bits and some plasticard they blend right in and hit wysiwyg with no problems.