PDA

View Full Version : Kabalite Trueborn Conversion - Shard Carbines and Splinter Cannons

schulzed
04-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Hey, so I started making my own trueborn. I for one love the idea of 9 of them in a raider with Duke Sliscus. With the amount of shots they can put out, rerolling to hit because of the splinter racks, and wounding on 3+ because of the duke, they have done wonders for me, if a bit pricey. But anyway, thats not why I'm here. I'm making a unit of 9 Trueborn with Sliscus, using a Kabalite Warrior box and a Corsair box. So far, I have a semi complete Sliscus, and I have 9 corsair bodies (the ones with the cloaks) with 9 DE legs. They were a pain to get together, as they are both the female part of the mate, but I got it.

My main concern now is how to arm them. I want to run two Splinter Cannons in the unit and 7 Shard Carbines. I used the one splinter cannon that came with the warriors, but I have no extras. All of my normal warriors have splinter cannons, so I have no extras. What can I use to make one out of other DE bits? (Or anything else for that matter). Also, I want to actually give them guns that look different from normal Splinter rifles. What can I do to the rifles to make them more like Shard Carbines? I mean, I think carbine and I think more compact. So I was going to try and either cut a section of the gun out... or change the barrel somehow.

Well... ideas? I'll try to get pictures up soon so you can get a better idea of how they look so far. I really like how the cape flows over them, it makes the poses really dramatic.

vharing
04-12-2012, 08:38 PM
I am working on the same project right now. I am shardcarbines from the scourge box as well as a splinter cannon from it. For extras I am looking for auction on ebay like this one. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/WARHAMMER-40K-BIN-BITS-DARK-ELDAR-SCOURGES-RIFLES-and-PISTOL-/360449608158?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53ec7889de

Also like you I thought the Duke with true born with shardcarbines would work well with splinter racks. But alas, splinter racks only works for splinter rifles and pistols.

schulzed
04-13-2012, 04:23 PM
I dug around a bit more, and decided to make my own shard carbines like these: http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1520941a_2010-11-30_05_873x627.jpg

You basically trim out the middle section of a splinter rifle. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about the cannon. I want to try and convert one somehow, I want to avoid any unnecessary purchases, you know? And I see it as a challenge kinda, to make one with what I have.

Oh wow. I thought it specified splinter weapons, and they make it a point to show that shard carbines are splinter weapons. But you're right, it doesn't work on carbines. Oh well. Its still a powerful unit, I mean, that many shots wounding on 3+ is still dangerous. Thanks for the heads up.