PDA

View Full Version : So the Golden Throne explodes...

LordGrise
04-11-2012, 04:43 PM
So I posted in "Can Marines have sex?" and found myself trying to hijack the thread. I don't want to, and thus I start this one.

My thought is this: if the Empire could create the Space Marines, why couldn't they just clone the Emperor at the time of his injury and let him move his consciousness into the new body?

Gah. So M50 begins, the Golden Throne explodes a la Slanesh, and the Emperor returns. Every secret chaos worshipper, every genestealer hybrid, and every mutant human erupts into flames and goes away. The Emperor addresses his Empire.

What does he say? What does he command? What does he want?

Turner
04-11-2012, 05:01 PM
*Select any of the following.

"Well, I'm done. Whoever needs to use it next might want to give that a few."

"Can we get an inquisitor in there to purge that?"

"Phfew! I was worried I was going to have to just pinch that one off. Alright, so what'd I miss?"

MaltonNecromancer
04-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Following three seconds of pure horror at what the Imperium has become, there is a facepalm, before the words:

"Well, this didn't go as planned"

helvexis
04-11-2012, 05:45 PM
"i am NOT A GOD!"

what the hell is this draigo guy and who does he think he is?

*facepalm* *super psychic galaxy spanning megadeath* "start again"

"sorry for any inconvenience" in huge flaming words :)

Turner
04-11-2012, 05:51 PM
"I'm gone for a few- how long? Oh well that's understandable then."

"Primarchs, ASSEMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

"Thunder, Thunder, Thunder Cats...." (yeah probably not.)

"Now to wash my hands."

"What the me is this? Finecast?!" (I know, low blow low blow...)

"Look at these prices, I can't even afford a Space Marine Army!" (Geez, I'm sorry they just keep coming!)

I'm sure whatever he says, as soon as he's done address the entire galaxy the narrator will cut in with, "Meanwhile at the legion of doom."

Uncle Nutsy
04-11-2012, 05:56 PM
"i've been gone for just a little while.. and YOU idiots completely screwed things up! You're all discharged!"

Cursed13
04-11-2012, 06:13 PM
My thought is this: if the Empire could create the Space Marines, why couldn't they just clone the Emperor at the time of his injury and let him move his consciousness into the new body?

What does he say? What does he command? What does he want?

The Imperium couldn't create Space Marines, only the Emperor and his chosen biologists and geneticists could. Even now the Imperium cannot create Space Marines, the best they can achieve is taking old geneseed and reusing it like all the chapters have been doing for the last ten thousand years. No new geneseed has been made since the times of the Great Crusade/Heresy.

On that note, I'm not even sure there's anything wrong with the Emperor at all. They can't clone him because he's not a rotting corpse. Consider, he has lived for tens of thousands of years, walked through the warp unprotected and even the four kings of the warp would not dare to even try to touch him. We don't know what happened on the Vengeful Spirit as the only survivors were the Emperor's closest and most trusted allies. Can anyone really know what's wrong with the Golden Throne, if he even sits upon it at all? Who is actually allowed into the throne room? Only the Custodes for certain, and they certainly will not speak to anyone about it's conditions. Can we know for certain that the Tech priests are even allowed into the throne room or simply under it where most of it's arcane workings are probably the most accessible? Are ones who undergo the soul binding even allowed entrance into the throne room? The Emperor's patience is legendary, setting forth things into motion ten thousand years before they would even come to pass. Is it so unlikely that he would simply pretend to be near fatally slain and become a figurehead simply to disappear and continue his works undisturbed? It isn't hard for him to change his appearance and to be where ever he needs to be. Certainly the books have to maintain the illusion that he will be mortally wounded and placed on the throne, but it's impossible to say if that's really the truth or not.

But what does he say? Probably not much, he isn't big on talking. No doubt he will command most of Humanity that is still loyal and he will probably want to shore up his holdings. Speculate on that what you will.

CrimsonTurkey
04-11-2012, 07:12 PM
In the style of James May "Well, that's not gone well."

"Get me Eldrad, the Russian Consulate, and a bag of crisps"

"I REALLY need to pee"

"My seat cushion should have been replaced 7,000 years ago."

Drunkencorgimaster
04-11-2012, 08:57 PM
The Imperium couldn't create Space Marines, only the Emperor and his chosen biologists and geneticists could. Even now the Imperium cannot create Space Marines, the best they can achieve is taking old geneseed and reusing it like all the chapters have been doing for the last ten thousand years. No new geneseed has been made since the times of the Great Crusade/Heresy.

On that note, I'm not even sure there's anything wrong with the Emperor at all. They can't clone him because he's not a rotting corpse. Consider, he has lived for tens of thousands of years, walked through the warp unprotected and even the four kings of the warp would not dare to even try to touch him. We don't know what happened on the Vengeful Spirit as the only survivors were the Emperor's closest and most trusted allies. Can anyone really know what's wrong with the Golden Throne, if he even sits upon it at all? Who is actually allowed into the throne room? Only the Custodes for certain, and they certainly will not speak to anyone about it's conditions. Can we know for certain that the Tech priests are even allowed into the throne room or simply under it where most of it's arcane workings are probably the most accessible? Are ones who undergo the soul binding even allowed entrance into the throne room? The Emperor's patience is legendary, setting forth things into motion ten thousand years before they would even come to pass. Is it so unlikely that he would simply pretend to be near fatally slain and become a figurehead simply to disappear and continue his works undisturbed? It isn't hard for him to change his appearance and to be where ever he needs to be. Certainly the books have to maintain the illusion that he will be mortally wounded and placed on the throne, but it's impossible to say if that's really the truth or not.

But what does he say? Probably not much, he isn't big on talking. No doubt he will command most of Humanity that is still loyal and he will probably want to shore up his holdings. Speculate on that what you will.

As funny as the other comments are...this is freakin' hilarious! Totally deadpan! I love it!

Drunkencorgimaster
04-11-2012, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE=helvexis;193120
"sorry for any inconvenience" in huge flaming words :)[/QUOTE]

A close second!

Kawauso
04-11-2012, 11:24 PM

They actually make fresh batches of geneseed all the time. They just need to use existing stock to grow new geneseed from it.

The only problem is it takes time and the processes are ill-understood, so while it's a renewable resource, it's not something they can just whip together easily.

There are a couple of stories that involve chaos marines staging wars to steal entire vaults of fresh loyalist geneseed (and then often other warbands trying to steal it from whoever pulled it off) in order to create new recruits.

I don't have any sources readily available on that; just going off of memory, but I'll try and nab some later when I'm less tired. Really, though, if geneseed were a finite resource, the number of marines circa M41 would be nowhere near ~1000 chapters of ~1000 marines. And the Ultramarines certainly wouldn't be around after having founded ~60% of all existing chapters.

fuzzbuket
04-12-2012, 09:18 AM
so as i was saying just befor you plugged me into this DONT KILL THE SQUATS

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
04-12-2012, 09:46 AM
"I out of it for a little while and everybody gets dillusions of grandier"
"Where's Horus? We need to have a little chat."
"I am sorry the correct religion is Mormonism. Everyone go home now."

L192837465
04-12-2012, 11:16 AM
"Challenge Accepted."

thefremen
04-15-2012, 10:15 AM
I wonder if he would just silently hand out copies of "The God Delusion" to everyone around?