PDA

View Full Version : And this is why I can't have nice ideas...

SotonShades
04-08-2012, 05:01 AM
Happy Easter BoLSers.

Who wants to play a game in bad taste? Seen as it is the celebration of the resurection of our Lord (if you believe in that kind of thing) I came up with a little scenario for us to play. Two linked missions, in the spirit if the holiday.

Mission 1; GOOD FRIDAY

Play a normal 2000 point game, pitched battle with three objectives (as if you had rolled a one on seized ground) but keep track of all the models that are destroyed. Total up victory points as per normal rules, with a bonus 300 vps for holding each objective.

Mission 2; RESURECTION SUNDAY

Play the same mission again, but only using the models that had been removed as a casualty in the first game. Total up vps again, but only with 100 bonus points for each objective. It's up to you if you want your armies to have slow and purposeful :p

So have at it guys. Happy easter egg Hunting ;)

Houghten
04-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Ha, that's brilliant. So the player who gets tabled in the first game suddenly has a MASSIVE advantage in the second...

Not sure what "victory points as per normal rules" is meant to mean, though. Victory points aren't part of the normal rules...

Aldramelech
04-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Has the Pope ever excommunicated a website?

pyroclasm
04-08-2012, 11:05 AM
We'll see ;)

MarneusCalgar
04-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Hahahaha nice idea

gcsmith
04-08-2012, 01:41 PM
well really nice idea, and this coming from one of the more serious christians in my region (seriously had a friend removed me on facebook because of it, even though he was insulting me then i sed maybe read the bible then he removed m saying im a religious **** but thats another story).

This hardly seems tasteless, rather a way to celebrate the event in a style suitable to wargaming, really nice idea. Maybe have a game 3 which is easter saturday, all models which move have to roll a 4+ if they fail to do so, they get destroyed for breaking the sabbath? I kid, but its a really nice idea.

Chuck777
04-08-2012, 06:50 PM

Who needs a Pope when we have an Emperor of Mankind? :p

gwensdad
04-08-2012, 07:13 PM

I could talk about a podcast I was in the chat room of a few weeks ago.
We were seriously worried about excommunicated because of what we were talking about.

and no, it's NOTHING like what you might be thinking, but it turned out that anyone writing about the subject would be INSTANTLY excommunicated.

vharing
04-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Cant be any worse than having a tournament on remembrance day.

SotonShades
04-09-2012, 05:37 AM
Ha, that's brilliant. So the player who gets tabled in the first game suddenly has a MASSIVE advantage in the second...

Not sure what "victory points as per normal rules" is meant to mean, though. Victory points aren't part of the normal rules...

Victory Points are in the main rulebook and are commonly used in many tournaments. Pg 108 of the small rulebook, pg 300 of the big beasty book.

SotonShades
04-10-2012, 04:56 AM
Cant be any worse than having a tournament on remembrance day.

I've done that a couple of times now. Something quite humbling about seeing a room of roudy gamers all go respectfully silent with bowed heads. What was worse was when the Clay Pigeon shooting group in my village held a shoot on Rememberance Sunday, so during the 2 minute silence there was a constant peal of shotguns being fired. Actually brought a few of the Veteran Servicemen to tears. Think I would have been shaking with anger if I hadn't been holding the Union Jack.

Back on topic though; has anyone had the oppertunity to give this scenario a go? I'd love to see how this turns out. Doubt I'll have time for two games this week. Especially not to play this as I'm preparing for AGoM and want one last chance to fine tune my Drop Dreds list.

Houghten
04-15-2012, 12:45 AM
Victory Points are in the main rulebook and are commonly used in many tournaments. Pg 108 of the small rulebook, pg 300 of the big beasty book.

They're there as OPTIONAL rules. Not as part of the normal rules.

SotonShades
04-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Yes, but they are worked out as you normally would do when you use them.

Brettila
04-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Merely a test, nothing to see here...

el_pablo65
04-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Excellent!