PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar Players : Succes vs Mech

Angelofblades
04-05-2012, 03:25 PM
I was just wondering how successful DE players have been in 1750+ pts games in a mechanized heavy environment. Do you find yourselves to be a dominating force, or do you find your games hard fought, bloody, with heavy casualties?

What units are you finding to be staples in your lists and what do you feel has been working well for you?

Necron2.0
04-05-2012, 03:56 PM
I myself have done reasonably well by spamming the snot out of Blasters. I come in with three Venoms, each carrying 4 Kabalite Trueborn, all with Blasters. Then, if I can manage the points (not sure, I don't normally play 1750), I'll have 9 Reavers, three of which have blasters and cluster caltrops.

Again, I'll stress "reasonably well." DE are always risky and things tend to go "Tango Uniform" real quick.

schulzed
04-11-2012, 08:51 AM
I usually have a fair amount of difficulty. I usually field a ton of raiders with wyches, warriors, and one with sliscus and trueborn. And if I can, two ravagers. I have to hope that the dark lances kill vehicles, which seems to be rather difficult to pull off, even with that many of them. My best success has been with wyches with haywire grenades. Those things are magnificent. But, its a risky option, because you leave them out in the open. I haven't tried running a ton of trueborn blasters, and I don't think I will. I just don't like the feel, even if they are a tried and true method that is definitely effective.

Levitas
04-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Blastors, lances, wyches with haywire grenades and pref early pain token.

It advisable to take as many tank busters as you can, as DE loose vehicles so quickly. It's a tough fight and dependent on mission, terrain and who goes first. As Necron 2.0 said, it go go south quickly if you have a bad round of shooting. But yes, you can usually get enough tank poppers in a 1750 to do well, although I wouldn't say 'dominate'. Devious thinking and as generous dollop of luck are required.

Mr. Furious
04-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Lots of Ravagers with Lances and Wyches with haywires. Immobilize with the lances and let the grenades auto hit. Its challenging but not impossible to do well against parking lots full of armor.